Allied Building Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Allied Building Products Interview Questions

Updated Sep 25, 2017

1.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allied Building Products.

Interview

I submitted an application online and was contacted within a week. I was contacted by a recruiter and had a phone interview. This went well and we set up an interview for the following week and had a very laid back meeting with a Branch manager that went very well. This was more of a get to know you interview with no hard nosed questions. I was once again contacted by the recruiter and informed that I would then meet with a Regional Manager. I meet with her several weeks later, due their very busy schedule. The interview went well but the manager was very straight forward and it seemed like it took a while for them to warm up to me. It ended well. The recruiter contacted me several days later informing me that they would be making a formal offer in a day or two.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Allied Building Products in June 2009.

Interview

I interviewed with the VP of Sales and the owner of the company. They both are excellent sales people, but they lack much in training. The entire company lacks an adequate training program. They rely on the new employee to get training from their customers...that doesn't make a lot of sense, right? Even on the job training with other sales people didn't work because they treat you like you're supposed to know as much as them already.

Interview Questions

• How would you attack the region in your cold calls?   1 Answer

Warehouse/Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allied Building Products in January 2011.

Interview

not much of an interview, ask about previous experience, and why you want to work there.

Negotiation

did not negotiate

Application

Interview

It was actually a pretty simple process, the only thing that took forever was the background check, it seems like Allied digs down deep to try and find anything at all in your past in order to disqualify you. The interview with the branch manager was very funny due to the fact that I listened more than I spoke during the interview.

Interview Questions

• actually nothing difficult or unexpected, its the usual questions about past employment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They are unwilling to negotiate at all.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allied Building Products (San Bernardino, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Phone interview from HR same day. They called again and scheduled interview for 3 days later.

Interview was low key and non-structured; more of 'get to know you'. Mostly reviewed resume, experience and qualifications. Businesslike but very friendly.

I followed-up 1 week later. No decision yet.

They called me 1 week after that. Another candidate had greater industry experience, so the went that direction.

No regrets. Altogether a smooth process with fair follow-up on their part.

Interview Questions

• None. No "Tell us about yourself" or "Sell me this pen". Just a low key and friendly information exchange..   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Allied Building Products (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Unprofessional. The Manager and Regional Manager were not skilled interviewers. I met one individual and discussed sports and listened to him rant on about unrelated topics. Then I met with decision maker and watched a he just stared me down.

Interview Questions

• What is your background? (FYI - It was listed on my resume. Didn't they even read it so their time was not wasted)?   1 Answer

Bank Reconciliation Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rutherford, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Allied Building Products (Rutherford, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

Interviewer was nice. I was asked two or so questions but 99% of the interview was just to tell me about the company. The process took slightly over an hour and I got the impression that I was just called in so that they could say that they did look at "outside candidates". It seems that this company only hires from within and seldom outside.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your list job? How long were you there?   Answer Question

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allied Building Products (Smyrna, GA).

Interview

When I arrived , I met polite people that were professional. I interviewed with two nice gentlemen that were very informative and willing to answer my questions. I left hoping I get the position and with a positive experience. The process is about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• My experience background, how would I interact with other employees and customers   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Allied Building Products (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

very easy, came in spoke with a manager, than a supervisor and that was it. Not your usual interview, very chill and laid back. the best part was that it was quick and easy.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allied Building Products (Jersey City, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

• Applied online when it was advertised on LinkedIn.
    • Spoke with recruiter on phone.
    • Scheduled a phone interview with the manager.
    • On day of phone interview the recruiter calls me up to say that the manager has to cancel due to another appointment. So the interview was re-scheduled.
    • On 2nd try for the phone interview, the manager tells me that he has to cancel in order to run a last-minute errand. So the interview was re-scheduled yet again.
    • On 3rd try for the phone interview, we actually get to talk -- it went well, and he wanted to set up a date/time to come in for an in-person interview. He said he would get back to me regarding that.
    • As previously directed, I forwarded the details of the interview to the recruiter.
    • Many, many weeks passed without any word about an in-person interview.
    • Finally, I reached out to the recruiter to see what was going on. She then tells me she "just received" word from the manager that they have to cancel all hiring as the company was undergoing some "organizational changes".

Interview Questions

• Pretty easy and straight-forward. Mainly questions about my skills and background, etc.   Answer Question