Allina Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 25, 2017

2.4

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allina Health (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was a 2 part interview that has multiple questions with differentiation patient care scenarios. The first interview was more easy going the second interview was all difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• Can you think of a time when jad to help a patient navigate through the health care system?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Allina Health.

Interview

know the 5 rights of medications, why do you want to work here? Many situational type questions (tell me about a time when ...), hardest question on the spot "how did you show respect to your coworkers recently" really threw me for a loop after thinking of nursing stuff.

Interview Questions

• Does it matter what Suze needle you use for an IM injection? Why or why not   Answer Question

Development Specialist - Philanthropy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Allina Health (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2012.

Interview

My first interview was with a panel of three employees, one of which quit before I started. Then I met one on one with sad boss and did another phone interview a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What's your process for de-stressing while you're at work? What do you do when you're stressed at work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They posted the job for $7,000 more than what i was offere. d. i negotiated $3k higher, but that was extremely shady. Lying to get well-qualified employees in the door is less expensive than honesty. You've got to watch the fine print, and COPY EVERYTHING regarding anything personal.

RN Nurse Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allina Health (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2017.

Interview

about an hour long with 2 people. One was a RN Supervisor, the other was the director for the hospital. Explained the role, hours, and schedule clearly. They asked for examples from my experience for compassion, cultural diversity, teamwork, and how I dealt with a difficult patient.

Mental Health Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Interview

Very smooth and relaxed. They tell you exactly where to go and what to do when you get there. It was nice not to feel lost. When going into the interview, the interviee was kind and explained building to me on our way to the meeting.

Interview Questions

• why did you apply to Allina?   1 Answer

Medical Laboratory Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allina Health (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2017.

Interview

I got a phone call from HR to set up the interview day after 2 weeks of applied. Interview questions were fairly easy. One on one with the lab manerger. Basic behavior questions and give real example on how you handle the situation. Two days later they asked for min 2 reference. And they offered job over the phone right after they received my references.

Interview Questions

• What is your ideal manager? What is your strength? What is your accomplishment in your career that you are most pround of?   Answer Question

Nursing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Allina Health.

Interview

Applied with references. Contacted within 2 weeks for an interview. Went in for a 20-30min interview. Called back a couple days later to look at my references. Overall it was a very pleasant and comforting experience. The manager was very nice and did not want to come off as intimidating in the interview. Just go in with confidence and be honest and you will be okay!

Interview Questions

• They gave me a scenario with 3 different situations and I had to tell them in which order I would complete them.   Answer Question

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allina Health (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview only took about an hour. The hiring manager took me on a tour of one of the floors, then we sat down in his office to do the official interview. He asked questions that prompted me to tell stories about past patient situations, and took notes as I spoke. I was told the options for shifts that they had available and was basically offered a job after the interview was over. Very laid back and friendly!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had too many tasks to complete at once, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Allina Health.

Interview

I was brought in for multiple interviews. Met with two different managers who were very nice. Took a long time to hear back. Hiring process is very slow. Two interviews (in 4 weeks), then reference checks (1 week), then I was offered over the phone a week after that.

Interview Questions

• Q) Tell us about a time where you and a co-worker had a conflict. What was the resolution?
      Q) Tell us about a time where you went above and beyond for a customer.
      Q) What do you look for in a manager?
      Q) Describe what teamwork means to you.   Answer Question

Technical Consultant - Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Allina Health (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Very easy going. They like people with people skills and obviously someone who is still quite tech-savvy. Went through a recruiter and received word back from the hiring manager the same day.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where a user asks you a question and you don't have the answer?   Answer Question