Allison & Partners Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 8, 2017

2.8

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allison & Partners (Portland, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

Submit a resume, first interview takes place in the office with potential managers and head of the intern program. Second interview is over a beer with the head of the office. Better like beer!

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions about why you decided to do PR, what excites you about it, plans for the future, mentality in life etc.   1 Answer

PR Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Allison & Partners (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

A connection of mine sent my resume to the head of HR at the Los Angeles Office. I heard back about a week later and scheduled an interview. About two weeks after my initial interview, they scheduled a follow up interview with additional account managers at the firm. Haven't been back for the second interview yet, but so far I truly enjoyed the people I met with during the first interview.

/Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Allison & Partners (San Diego, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I first had a phone screener and then a week later, was asked to come for an in-person interview. I interviewed with both the GM and an account supervisor separately and both were very friendly, professional and engaged. I felt the interview went very well on my end, but it has now been 3 weeks and two follow-up emails on my end, but I haven't heard from A+P at all. This is drastically different from the efficiency of their prior communication and I'm assuming I didn't get an offer after being ghosted. I had a very positive experience with A+P but being ignored shows a lack of courtesy and professionalism.

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allison & Partners (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

I sent my resume via LinkedIn. Then the office manager contacted me to set up an interview. I didn't appreciate her email because it wasn't clear that she wanted me to come into the office. If I didn't call, I wouldn't have known. Another thing I didn't appreciate was that they never got back to me. Regardless, I have no interest in working for a company that doesn't even provide candidates with status updates. At this point, I assume rejection.

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Allison & Partners (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview went nicely. It was broken into two one-on-one meetings, two phone calls and a writing project. First, they want to get to know you to see if you mesh well with the team and to learn your background experience. Then, you come back to interview with the current Account Coordinator to learn more details about the position you are applying for. The DC team is very welcoming and gives great vibes right as you walk in the door. I was lucky to meet with five upper-level members of the A+P team and I felt comfortable asking many questions. So, definitely make sure you bring TONS!

Interview Questions

• Typical questions. Just go in and be yourself! My favorite question was: Why did you apply for the Account Coordinator position with Allison and Partners?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Allison & Partners (Scottsdale, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview went nicely, the lady I met with seemed very nice and I had great vibes about it walking out. I had been referred from an employee in the SF office so we got to talk about that. A couple weeks go by and I get the email that another intern had been hired. I had no hard feelings about it, until I heard the feedback they provided my reference in the SF office. "She was great, really knew what she was talking about and we had narrowed it down to three, including her. We decided against her because we didn't like that she showed up to the interview in blue jeans."

I didn't wear blue jeans to the interview....in fact I was dressed very nicely. I had navy-blue colored skinny pants with high heels, a blazer and nice jewelry. And someone told everyone including my professional reference that I showed up to the interview in jeans like a disrespectful slob? Might I also mention that the lady who interviewed me was wearing jeans and a tshirt? This either tells me someone decided they didn't like my outfit when I came walking into the office and decided to pass along the snobby disapproval, or they mixed me up with another candidate who DID show up in jeans. Both disappointing possibilities and embarrassing on their part.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allison & Partners (New York, NY).

Interview

My old boss pulled me into Allison+Partners. I met with the full team at the office and one of the co-founders in a restaurant. Allison+Partners puts the culture first. Hence they will always look to employees first when hiring. They want to build a team they can teach and will last.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join our team and why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allison & Partners in September 2014.

Interview

Interview process was very thorough but laid back. They wanted to get a feel for my background/qualifications for sure, but I could also tell they wanted to make sure I was a cultural fit. Come prepared with a TON of questions (at least to the SF office) as I was given opportunity to ask as many as I wanted--in fact I think it worked to my advantage that I kept asking questions. I spoke with three upper level members of the A+P staff.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really stood out as difficult, just be genuine! One was: What are you most proud of?   Answer Question

Events Coordinator Interview

Interview

After submitting my resume, it took two days to hear back and less than a week from submission to interview. The interview was straight-forward, no curveball questions. The recruiter was pleasant but it seemed like she was behind on the revolving door of interviewees that were coming through so it was a relatively short process.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Allison & Partners (San Francisco, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

Very organized, everyone was very nice.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to use skills that weren't already polished   1 Answer