Allscripts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Allscripts Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2017

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Allscripts (Waltham, MA).

Interview

I ha d a Phone interview or screening with the manager, passed. Then I was asked to do a little programming as requested via email, passed. The in person interview took place and the manager and teammates were so arrogant, looking down on me, and making faces. At first, the manager greeted me and asked non technical questions before introducing me to the team. I didn't pass the interview.

Interview Questions

• To solve a mathematical verbal problem on the spot.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Allscripts (Raleigh, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

First interview is with a recruiter, then with your future manager. If you are selected then you will have about 4 telephone/webex interviews. After that if you are fortunate you will have an onsite interview. They paid for the airfare to and from. About 1 week later was offered the position. After the offer was given intense background check, and a urine drug test. Entire background process took three days including drug test.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions interview questions. Nothing too difficult.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered more then I was asking for, no need to negotiate.

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allscripts (Raleigh, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

2 calls with recruiter, 3 interviews with upper level management - 1 sr manager, 2 directors. It was a little confusing what the actual department I was applying for as each manager worked in what seemed like a totally separate part of the company. I was generally unclear on my role and responsibilities until I started the job, and I was unclear of the job I was eventually hired for. The questions were generic interview questions for the company itself, about my experience, and what I was looking for in a job.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Allscripts.

Interview

4 phone screens, 2 in person. Initiated with an HR representative and followed up with 4 VP level interviews and finally with the Senior VP/GM of the business unit, to whom I was a direct report (eventually). Not an overly challenging interview process

Interview Questions

• Primary behavioral + experience. I spent a ton of time talking about past experiences and giving examples of situational exposure and response. I had to ensure that the hiring panel fully understood that I was industry relevant.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate on salary and bonus

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I went for an open interview at Burlington MA I did really well at the interview. But didn't hear back anything from them. I wasted my time. It looks like they are wasting our time.

Scheduling & Configuration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allscripts (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very positive. No trick questions and hiring managers just wanted to make sure that you would be quick to learn and be able to work independently and in teams. The experience was exactly what they said it would be and I loved interning there. Just be yourself and be willing to work hard and learn. They are very focused on company culture and helping interns to enjoy their times there and learn a ton.

EHR Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Allscripts (Raleigh, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

There was a couple of telephone screenings and a face to face interview with 3 leaders. It was well planned and they were very accommodating for time and communications. I also was experiencing a move and new home purchase and they were really helpful for that process too, as far as responding to requests.

Interview Questions

• How to deal with an angry customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Success, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Allscripts (Lake Success, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a good interview. More than one person interviewed in a 3 step process. It took a long time to hear from them after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked about experience and how I would handle situations.   1 Answer

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Allscripts.

Interview

My process moved really quick. I got an email to set up a phone interview on a Monday. I had my phone interview Wednesday of the same week. The person I interviewed with would be my boss if I was hired. It was a really laid back interview. We really just had a conversation. No STAR type questions. I got a request for an in-person interview 20 minutes later. She mentioned during our phone conversation they were going to move quickly. I set up the interview for the next day. It was a 3 person panel. It was another conversation type interview. They went over the job responsibilities and I just explained what I did in my current and previous jobs. No STAR type questions. Only question they really asked was, "give me a time when you had to deal with an irate client". More companies should interview this way. I feel like they got to know me compared to other interviews I've had. Make sure you have good questions to ask. I was told mine were really good compared to what's normally asked. I received an offer the next morning. My whole process was a week. Obviously this is not normal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't really negotiate. I was ok with the offer. Plus I'd been looking for 2 years so I didn't want to risk it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Allscripts (Raleigh, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with the Manager of the position. He seemed distracted and overwhelmed from the start. Asked 3 questions and wanted to wrap up the interview. It was if I was just a token interview that he needed to go through.