Allscripts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Allscripts Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2017

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Allscripts.

Interview

My process moved really quick. I got an email to set up a phone interview on a Monday. I had my phone interview Wednesday of the same week. The person I interviewed with would be my boss if I was hired. It was a really laid back interview. We really just had a conversation. No STAR type questions. I got a request for an in-person interview 20 minutes later. She mentioned during our phone conversation they were going to move quickly. I set up the interview for the next day. It was a 3 person panel. It was another conversation type interview. They went over the job responsibilities and I just explained what I did in my current and previous jobs. No STAR type questions. Only question they really asked was, "give me a time when you had to deal with an irate client". More companies should interview this way. I feel like they got to know me compared to other interviews I've had. Make sure you have good questions to ask. I was told mine were really good compared to what's normally asked. I received an offer the next morning. My whole process was a week. Obviously this is not normal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't really negotiate. I was ok with the offer. Plus I'd been looking for 2 years so I didn't want to risk it.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Allscripts (Raleigh, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with the Manager of the position. He seemed distracted and overwhelmed from the start. Asked 3 questions and wanted to wrap up the interview. It was if I was just a token interview that he needed to go through.

Client Services Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allscripts in January 2016.

Interview

The initial interview was with a recruiter who specialized in hiring for this group. She had a good foundational knowledge of the general responsibilities and also provided good insight into the backgrounds of the folks that were part of the second round interview process.

I made it to the second round and had two phone interviews with different managers that this role would be interacting with on a daily basis. Each manager had a different set of questions about my background and my fit for this role. The interviews were very comfortable and allowed me to ask questions during the process which I prefer as it allows both parties to better position the questions.

I made it to the third round interview with the hiring manager. That went very well. I felt fairly positive of my opportunity. I ultimately did not get the position as someone internally who also interviewed was promoted into the position.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allscripts (Raleigh, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

I heard back from the recruiter fairly quickly after applying. From then on out, each of my three interviews (2 phone, 1 on-site), there were weeks in between. It has now been over two months since applying and I haven't heard back either way due to an apparent re-org. Not a great sign in my opinion. In addition, one person I interviewed with called their boss a "nut job" and didn't seem to think very highly of the company.

Interview Questions

• Nothing that stood out - general questions about experience.   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Allscripts (Durham, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

First step was a phone screen by the Corporate Recruiter. This went very well, and I was passed on for an interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager spoke with me the following day.

Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allscripts (Remote, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

interviewed with recruiter, then managers of the project. Phone interview, background, drug check, standard interview questions (situational/behavioral) They want 50 words minimum here so by now I think there is enough

Interview Questions

• I cannot even remember, there were some technical questions and questions on how to handle various situations   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Allscripts (Raleigh, NC) in December 2015.

Interview

I have interviewed with numerous large, public and private orgs during my professional history. Allscripts was by far the worse interviewing experience I have ever had. It was so bad that I provided feedback to the recruiter of how bad the interview was from a process, very unprofessional and even harassing experience. The hiring manager had no professional demeanor, did not seem to care that I took my time on very short notice to come onsite to interview, and the only thing he had to say during the interview were complaints about the company relocating its offices. I was interviewed one-on-one behind closed doors in an empty office by a very young (mid 20's) male employee clearly from another country whom clearly insulted me several times and came across in his comments, attitude that he was above me as me being a female. Also, it was clear that they were not prepared for interviewing me nor had taken any time t review my resume prior to my onsite interview. I came close to ending the interview and leaving halfway into it. Companies need to realize that the interview is a two-way process of both the applicant being interviewed and the applicant interviewing the company and associates it would be working with too. I had been informed by several close friends and co-workers that are former employers of AllScripts that I would not like working there. The interview alone proved that. There is a reason why Allscripts has so many openings on a regular basis. It also has layoffs from time to time as well.

Interview Questions

• Had I ever done any QA, testing or developed any test plans?   1 Answer

Did not want to work with such unprofessional people.

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allscripts.

Interview

Got a call from a outside recruiter about a job
    2 x phone interview from HR
    1 x phone interview from manager
    3 in person interview manager, director, VP
    then offer received and accepted.
    got much more than i expected, can't complain.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allscripts (Melville, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Very professional. I was invited to two separate interviews. At each one I was treated with respect and was asked fair questions about my experience and personal goals. The interviewer was on time which I appreciated as it show that he respected me. I would have liked to have been offered a job there but unfortunately, I was not a good match. I was notified that another candidates was selected.

Interview Questions

• Was I willing to learn new technologies or consider a position other than the one I had applied for.   1 Answer

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allscripts (Raleigh, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

I saw the job posting at Indeed.com and applied online via their website. Three days went by and I got an email from the hiring manager, telling me she has my resume and would like to ask me a few questions. We arranged to talk in a couple days via phone, but she had an opening in her schedule that day and asked if she could call me that day. I was not expecting it to be an interview, but alas it was. I thought it went OK, as I was not 100% prepared. I followed up with a thank you email, outlined my skills, explained why I wanted to work there and sent two of the most relevant writing samples I had. Five days later, I rec'd another email, saying they wanted a more formal interview. A week later I had an interview with a higher-up via Skype and the day after that I had another Skype interview with 3 of their employees whom I would be working with (if offered the position). I liked everyone I interviewed with, all were very warm, but also professional. The questions were not too difficult, but not easy either. There were not a lot of behavioral question, which i think is great. I hate those questions, they never seem to be a good way to know someone and are often difficult to answer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I liked the offer. There was no negotiating.