Allscripts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Allscripts Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2017

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allscripts (Raleigh, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

Handed in my resume on campus career fair, had the first HR interview the day after. Basic questions about the project experience and the certain knowledge of web application, what I know about their company and what I want to learn from the work. She even asked my expectation for the salary. After that, a week later I have the technical phone screen interview. Qs:
    1. What is OOP 2. difference between interface and abstract class 3. design pattern 4. web server 5. user authorization and authentication 6. SQL transaction 7. multi-treading 8. difference btwn process and thread 9. when do we need recursive

Interview Questions

• My expectation of salary. If I can accept salary below 6.7k with bonus.   1 Answer

Senior Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allscripts (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

1st round phone screen for about 30 minutes with manager. 2nd round onsite for about 1 hour with different team members. Overall the process run smooth, and the interviewers are nice and asked a lot of key questions. The communication is also very important. The questions are also based on interviewee's experience with technical skills.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Allscripts (Raleigh, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

It was setup within 3 weeks. Interview was about 2 hours with 4 or 5 people, future managers, future team members and a lay of the land was given. It wasn't too stressful.

Interview Questions

• My previous places of employment and what I did.   1 Answer

Technical Support Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Allscripts (Raleigh, NC) in August 2014.

Interview

This was a Temp, you must first find the job, than apply. Phone interview, in person interview , maybe a group interview, than you wait. You should know something in a couple of days

Interview Questions

• Do you have great customer service? Can you work with tech problems   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary was great, I did not have to negotiate

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Allscripts (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone. If you prepare, you will be fine. Make sure you also prepare yourself for the easy questions like "Tell me about yourself and Why do you want to work for Target". On top of those questions, the interviewer asked about 5 questions dealing with a specific event (i.e. Tell me about a time....). My second interview was scheduled within a couple of days. It was the same style as the first interview. Don't be afraid to repeat your same answer. After the interview, I was told that if they wanted to pursue to the next step I would be contacted. Sure enough I was contacted a few days later to schedule my final interview with the big boss (market leader). My third interview was conducted over the phone and once again its the same style. I was contacted the next day and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Why do you want to work for Allscripts?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allscripts.

Interview

First a 1-1 phone interview where several shotgun questions are asked about general computer science. Second Interview a group panel on Google Hangouts where more language specific questions are asked and a programming question was asked.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not difficult, however interview was extremely distracting as there was constant phone ringing, interviewers laughing randomly and talking to someone else while they mute the volume. Most unprofessional experience i have ever had.   1 Answer

Expert Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Allscripts (Hartford, CT) in June 2014.

Interview

It was two separate phone interview with the Recruiter and Hiring Manager. Then the final stage was a face to face meeting with the regional Director.That was about a 30 mins process. This stage was more of how would you handle scenario questions.

Interview Questions

• It was one of a technical process of the EMR. ( Did I have a strong understanding of building Order sets.?)   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a very fair phase. I think it was that way do to my research of the position.

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Allscripts (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Efficient and streamlined -- after submitted resume online, did 1-2 phone interviews with different managers then face-to-face by Skype final interview which was preferable re schedules. From time submitted resume to hire was approximately 2-3 weeks. Once accepted, initial snafu getting equipment etc, but overall went OK. Initial hire paperwork was uneventful.

Interview Questions

• None really -- disappointed that manager lied about work-life balance when I asked directly re average hours etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Quick. They needed to get hires.

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Allscripts (Raleigh, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with three members of Services department. Two of the members were managers and one was a manager "in training." Questions concerned technical experience and customer service. Overall interview was took less than an hour. The time included a brief tour of the facility as well as introductions to various team other team members and director of the department.

Interview Questions

• Give me two examples of companies with good customer service. Give me two examples of companies with poor customer service.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allscripts in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process was pretty much the same as the other reviews on here. First one was an HR phone screen. The second interview was with the director of development and another manager. I was asked some basic questions about object oriented programming including access modifiers and other keywords. Talked a bit about multithreaded programming and what I was like outside of work. I got the notion that they actually cared about who I was as a person and my values. The third interview was conducted via Google hangouts. It was about an hour and a half total. There were several other people on the hangout. The director did most of the talking and asked most of the questions. I was asked about my interpretation of object oriented programming and what I thought the main points were. I was also asked about garbage collection in .NET, exception handling (try, catch, finally), and some data type questions. I was then sent a link to write code while all of the people on the hangout watched me. It was kind of nerve wracking. The first piece of code was to reverse a string. I solved it correctly, but they told me there was a much more efficient way of doing it. The second problem was to find the best seat in a row of seats represented as a boolean array. I did not feel comfortable completing the problem in the 5 minutes that they gave me. My normal routine is to create an algorithm and then develop the code after a suitable, efficient, and robust algorithm is created. I was told I could send the solution after the interview. I worked for another hour and a half after the interview and sent them my code. I got an email four days later telling me they could not offer me a position.

After reading all of the same interview experiences on this website, I wonder if they are really hiring anyone, or just waiting for the "purple squirrel" candidates that are super experienced and just trying to find a position after a layoff or something.

In the end, their spiel about hiring a person based on values and personality was just a bunch of talk.

Interview Questions

• Best seat in a row of seats represented by a boolean array. I was not given an appropriate amount of time to solve the problem. If they judge a prospective software developer on their ability to sling dirty code in 5 minutes, then I'm not sure what they are looking for and I am curious as to who they are actually hiring in. I don't write code and present it if I am not 100% sure it is correct, robust, and efficient. That is not achievable in 5 minutes while 3 people are watching over your back.   Answer Question