Allstate Accountant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Allstate Accountant Interview Questions

3.2

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Got an email from Allstate HR one day and asked me to answer some short essay questions in word file. I answered and emailed it back to HR and was told other candidates were chosen.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Allstate

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Normal interview process. Phone interview followed by one on one interview with manager. The phone interview asks a couple of behavioral questions and skims your resume. The managers were very friendly and the place seemed very nice. Overall it is a nice place.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had to ask for information outside of your group?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Relaxed environment, questions were intense. You must know your content area and be able to demonstrate how you may know the material. Remember to have a copy of your resume. Be able to discuss anything you wrote. If you are not a CPA, express your plans in becoming one.

Interview Questions

• Describe more about a previous experience working in a team?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Interview

The interview process consisted of 3 30 minute interviews. The first was to go over my background and walk through my resume. The next two consisted of behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation where you had to make an ethical decision   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

Lengthy time between phone screen and interview. And lengthy time to final decision but good all around process outside of that. Interview process was consistent with other experiences and average expectations

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Initial HR phone screening, then face to face interview with HR, then 1-on-1 interview with department hiring manager and a follow up interview with the director next week.
    Decision rendered within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Relaxed interviews, questions about work ethics and work methods, handling difficult situations, career aspirations etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much room for salary negotiation but was able to get additional vacation time

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Allstate in November 2010.

Interview

It began with a phone screening with IBM, asking basic questions. Then there was an onsite interview with 3 interviewers. One interviewer was HR, the next was my future manager, and the last was the director (manager's boss). The HR interview was very formal and the next 2 interviews were more informal.