Allstate Actuarial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 3, 2017

3.6

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted within two weeks for an interview. Interview was comprised of two sessions with two different pairs of interviewers. Questions skewed more toward the practical/analytical than behavioral.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Allstate

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Allstate in September 2016.

Interview

Generally the whole process went well. I was a little nervous but glad I could adjust well. One person didn't pay attention while I was answering/talking. I don't know what happened.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

They had a preliminary phone interview with a bot that lasted 30 minutes asking basic resume questions. Followed by a phone interview with a actuarial representative. Asked behavioral questions as well as analytical questions. Questions mainly geared towards critical thinking. Math not necessarily required.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you faced failure and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

There were three stages. First I had a phone "interview" with a computer system. It was very short and asked basic questions about background. Second I had an online, Skype-style interview that took about an hour. They asked some questions about charts, looking for whether you could spot data that didn't make sense, or try to analyze trends. Finally, I had a half-day in-person interview at the Northbrook headquarters. I met briefly in a casual way with three younger actuaries still working on exams, and had longer more formal meetings with three more senior employees. The interviews were not generally too difficult or scary, though I found some of the questions they asked to be so broad that I wasn't sure what kind of answers to give (e.g. "tell me about a time that things didn't go how you planned.")

Interview Questions

• A fictional insurance company currently sells one type of insurance in one state. It wants to expand. Do you think it would make more sense to sell the same type of insurance in another state, or to sell a different type of insurance in the same state?   1 Answer

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

I had a 20-30 minute phone interview from bot that asked basic resume questions. They then followed up with difficult video interview that was about an hour long.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Allstate (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

They asked behavioral questions and let you do a few problems, some of them are probability related. There were two teams that interviewed me. One handled more technical questions, and the other one more behavioral ones. Each part went about 30 minutes. For technical questions, the managers were very helpful and they might give some hints

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Turned in resume at University. They liked it and called me back the next day for a phone interview. Set up the first interview 2 weeks later. If the interview went well, there would be an on campus interview.

Interview Questions

• One specific interviewer has this question and tends to use it a lot so I'm told:

You own 2 restaurants. The cumulative amount of customers in the first 3 weeks are as follows:
      Restaurant A: 100, 200, 1500
      Restaurant B: 250, 750, 1500

You are about to open a 3rd restaurant . Predict what amount of customers the first week will hold. Explain how you came up with that answer. explain any assumptions you use in your analysis   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process is composed of two phases. A first interview which is comprised of a behavioral interview and short case study.

The second phase is on-site half-day. I met with several employees for interviews. For the most part it felt relatively simple. Remember, you will not know who you are interviewing with beforehand and will not be able to google them in time. Be prepared.

Interview Questions

• I was asked the simple behavioral questions: biggest behavior, biggest weakness, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL).

Interview

The process took about 2 months. There were 3 rounds: the first was with HR, second was a very technical interview aimed to assess your problem solving skills, and the third was at the home office with 3 different interviewers (a mix of managers and analysts). There was math test during one of the one-on-one interviews, and a business case you had to reason through. It was a very rigorous interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• Asked what I would recommend to the CEO of an insurance company given some information about a few products.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Interview

There are three rounds of interviews in total. The first interview is with HR to discuss your general information in the resume. The second round is very technical and I consider it very hard. If you passed the second round, you will invite to the final round in their home office.