Allstate Actuarial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Allstate Actuarial Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Allstate

3.4

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Started with a brief automated phone interview. A couple weeks later, I had a one-on-one Skype interview with behavioral and technical questions. A couple weeks after that, I had a longer 2.5 hour Skype interview with a number of employees with more behavioral and technical questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Allstate

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Interview

Very technical, lots of questions asking about thought process on small case studies. Interviewed with multiple people, each asking 1-2 analytical questions and 3-4 behavioral questions. Really wanted me to think about my answers before, so gave plenty of time to think about each question, did not want me to feel rushed.

Interview Questions

• Suppose it is the year 2030 and we are cultivating Mars. What would insurance for homes and automobiles be like on Mars, could we use models and data we have now from earth for Mars, why or why not?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Dallas, TX) in August 2018.

Interview

I was shown a couple of case study questions and asked to analyze the data. I was a bit shocked as there were no real "interview" type questions asked during this process.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous work experience relate to what you'd like to do at allstate   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

An onsight interview with 4 actuaries (2 thirty minute rounds with 2 actuaries) where they asked behaviorial and analytical questions. Followed by a Skype interview with a case study and two one-on-one sessions with analytical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Given a chart, decide what model best fits and make some predictions.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate in August 2015.

Interview

On-site interview.
    First round interview was with HR. Mostly behaviour questions and non-technical questions.
    Second round interview was with two manager/director level lead, each half an hour. There were technical questions and resume related questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

There were three stages. First I had a phone "interview" with a computer system. It was very short and asked basic questions about background. Second I had an online, Skype-style interview that took about an hour. They asked some questions about charts, looking for whether you could spot data that didn't make sense, or try to analyze trends. Finally, I had a half-day in-person interview at the Northbrook headquarters. I met briefly in a casual way with three younger actuaries still working on exams, and had longer more formal meetings with three more senior employees. The interviews were not generally too difficult or scary, though I found some of the questions they asked to be so broad that I wasn't sure what kind of answers to give (e.g. "tell me about a time that things didn't go how you planned.")

Interview Questions

• A fictional insurance company currently sells one type of insurance in one state. It wants to expand. Do you think it would make more sense to sell the same type of insurance in another state, or to sell a different type of insurance in the same state?   1 Answer

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Allstate in September 2016.

Interview

Generally the whole process went well. I was a little nervous but glad I could adjust well. One person didn't pay attention while I was answering/talking. I don't know what happened.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process is composed of two phases. A first interview which is comprised of a behavioral interview and short case study.

The second phase is on-site half-day. I met with several employees for interviews. For the most part it felt relatively simple. Remember, you will not know who you are interviewing with beforehand and will not be able to google them in time. Be prepared.

Interview Questions

• I was asked the simple behavioral questions: biggest behavior, biggest weakness, etc.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate in November 2016.

Interview

Apply online on company website
    First, conduct automated phone interview
    Second, online interview with HR rep. Do simple exercises involving some basic math but more importantly vocalizing your thought process
    Third, webex interview with one of the managers to walk through charts

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Got the first round phone interview. Was given 48 hours to prepare. Then was given a recorded phone interview. Then about a month later was rejected. The questions were normal behavioral questions and nothing unusual. Also prepare an example for technical skills.