Allstate Applications Developer Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Allstate Applications Developer Intern Interview Questions

2.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Applications Developer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

I received a phone interview for this position. The phone interview was almost purely technical, which really caught me off guard. I was expecting a behavioral interview, since all of my previous phone interviews with other companies have been behavioral.

I definitely was not prepared for this interview, as the interviewer was asking me to define terms from courses I've taken 3 years ago. He also asked about terms I have not heard, but know how to do. An example of this was his question about defining what an abstract class was. I know how to create abstract functions and what they are, but I did not know that classes that use abstract functions are called abstract classes. During the phone interview, it never crossed my mind to relate the two and I ended up saying that I didn't know what an abstract class was, which I ended up kicking myself in the butt over, later on.

Interview Questions

• How do you create an interface?
    What are the 4 defining principles of OO programming?
    Define what an abstract class is.
    What libraries does .NET use?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Allstate

Applications Developer Intern Interview

Interview

Contacted by HR regarding interview. They asked me to attend an event where other applicants were also being interviewed. I met with 2 groups and both interviewed me with mostly behavioral and questions about what I've done in the past. I was surprised to not get that many technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between a string and a stringstream?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't bother to negotiate, it's my first internship.