Allstate Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 31, 2017

2.3

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Charlotte, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

The 1st step was a Montage Interview where a system asks you a series of questions. You then get to record your answer within the allotted time before the next question is asked. All of the questions are pulled right from the job description.

The 2nd step was a conference call with 3 Allstate representatives with 1 clear person leading the conversation. She asked about my background and then a list of situational questions.

The time between the 1st step and 2nd step can be several weeks, maybe even months if you don't check in with the recruiters. It's pretty clear your submission process is not a priority to them.

Interview Questions

• Describe an improvement you made to a current process at your previous job?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Allstate

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Very difficult process. Had to constantly call the recruiter to see if things were progressing. The recruiter would ask me to call her every week because she was going to forget to follow up if I didn't remind her. Very unprofessional. I asked clarifying questions regarding benefits and never got answers from her.

Interview Questions

• The interviewers did a lot of the talking. I wasn't asked very many questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It moved quickly unlike the rest of the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter and notified I had been a "short-listed" candidate. A week later was contacted to set up interview time. Interviewed and two days later contacted by recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Explain in detail an instance where troubleshooting skills were used.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

It was an internal interview so it was not as in depth as others. There were three interviews the first was a general interview with HR where they review your resume and ask a few behavioral questions this part last 15-20 mins. The second interview was with two senior managers where we went through about 6-7 BDI questions and discussed some of my past work. The final interview was with 2 directors which consisted of about 2-3 BDI questions and the rest was just general conversation about the role and also about yourself. Personality is a big thing with this company.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you were faced with a difficult task and what did you do to overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

They came to my university engineering career fair. I dropped off my resume and and chatted somebody up, didn't apply for a particular position. Got a call to come to their campus for an interview day and interview for Technical Business Analyst.

Behavioral and "Technical" interview. Behavioral was super straightforward: tell us about a time you worked on a team. Tell us about a time that your team got stuck and how you guided them past that.

There's not much technical to ask for a Business Analyst. The question below was the hardest one from the the technical.

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

My interview was quick and easy. I had one phone call and I was hired on. The questions were simple enough. Basic personality quizzes. It was overall a positive experience.

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

I had applied for a number of B.A jobs on their job/career page, and I had spoken with a recruiter for another position a week before. I got an email from a different recruiter regarding a different position that was more well-aligned with my background. They wanted me to schedule an in person interview with another BA and a manager right away, which I am assuming was because my background was exactly what was required of this position. I had a 1 hour interview that Friday, and the interview was mostly behavior and S.T.A.R questions. I tried to be pretty technical in my interview and discuss my background as much as I could to expedite the entire process. They called me about 2 weeks after my interview with a job offer and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to introduce a new process or procedure to a customer/user who was resistant to change or difficult to deal with.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

Applied on company website. Received phone call from recruiter explaining position, expressing interest, and asked some behavioral questions. Scheduled phone interview with manager lasting 30 minutes and consisted of behavioral questions. Face-to-face meeting with manager and senior business analyst on campus. I was asked approximately 10 scripted behavioral questions and was told about the position. Use the S.T.A.R. method and you should be completely fine. Not difficult at all, try to be very personable.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to lead a meeting.   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time when you were given a task with little information.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Entry-level position without much negotiation. Compensation lower than industry standard and extremely low for cost of living.

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

Hiring process was HR and then two levels of IT managers. Basic questions from HR point person and then highly technical from the IT managers. Inquiries about past projects, resolution and accomplishments in details. Each one asked of conflict resolution with team players and how I handled those situations. Each interview was roughly one hour, with the HR initial interview the shortest. The style was relaxed and not as intense as other companies. The HR for Allstate is very impressive as well. The campus must have 15-20 buildings.

Interview Questions

• Detailed questions on data architecture , programming questions and 'what if' scenario's . Typical best and worst qualities, and one asked 'why is a manhole round' These are typical Google questions that have come out in the last few years with Fortune 500 companies. The main questions focused on my success as a business analyst in my past positions. The responsibilities were discussed and one of them asked me about a specific problem they had and how I would handle it if I worked for them. It was a logistical issue, and I told him how I would do a work around that particular problem. Overall, the process was less painful that I thought , minus the manhole question which I had read about in preparing for my interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They emailed me a proposal after an HR call. Salary was better than expected and I took the offer. It was a few days before final information was mailed to me with specific start date and reporting details.

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

I previously worked at Allstate as a summer intern in the summer of 2010. Based on my ratings they invited me to apply to the job. The 12 week internship was like an extended interview. Because I worked there as an intern they gave me $1,000 Salary increase right off the bat. Usually there is a behavior interview and a technical interview. The recruiter will screen people and find the right candidate for the job. They will pass along the resumes to the managers that are looking for people. If you put down an employees name as a referral you will probably get the first interview which is usually a phone interview. Employee referrals are a big deal at Allstate.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if faced with a difficult situation as a business analyst? How would you handle it?   2 Answers
    • Why do you want to work at Allstate?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had to ask if there was another incentive. They said based on the school I graduated and the fact that I was an intern they could offer me a signing bonus of $3k. They did not offer relocation assistance. The sign on bonus was to take place of the relocation assistance. Because my performance review at the company was so good for my internship they considered me for the position before they considered an outsider for entry level position.