Allstate Claims Adjuster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 5, 2017

2.8

71 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Allstate in November 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview that lasted 15 minutes between myself & a representative from the company. First they ask you to confirm some of the details in your resume. They'll ask what are your salary expectations, and if you're bilingual. If you have any prior experience as a claims adjuster, then they'll ask you about that. Then they'll do two or three behavioral questions. Then they'll forward your recorded responses to the hiring manager for that position & that manager will decide whether or not to do more interviews.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about one of the most difficult challenges you experienced at your last job & how you overcame it.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Allstate

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Allstate (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Two phone interviews with two different managers then a in person interview with the manager that, if hired, you would be under. All of this for someone who already works for the company. I also had to take a skills and personality exam.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate in September 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview since I was out of state. I had about 8-10 behavioral questions.very typical questions. They did a really thorough job of explaining the process before and hand to let me know what they were looking for in my answers. They introduced themselves and told me about their experience and the job before going into the behavioral questions, it was a pretty standard and formal interview. They made it very comfortable though. After the behavioral questions, I had time to ask them questions. The interview lasted a little over an hour. It went well I did not get offered the job I applied for, but was offered a follow up interview for another position, which I accepted. That interview was also behaviorial, but with fewer questions, about 3. Each interview consisted of two managers interviewing me on the phone. They were all very pleasant and very nice to work with. They were very informative, the recruiter was extremely helpful and nice as well. All around an extremely positive experience.

Interview Questions

• In simplified terms, they asked me: Tell me about a time when....

1) you had a difficult customer
      2) when you had a demanding customer
      3) when you failed to prioritize
      Etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Allstate (Dallas, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Quick, to the point and crisp. I was greeted on time and quickly taken to the room where interviews were taking place. I was asked to take a math test and was asked to handle a customer call.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan to calm a customer who is hurt and does not have medical coverage.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Rochester, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

After completing an online application I was contacted via email for an automated phone interview. I completed 20 min phone interview and was selected to take an online multiple choice personality/experience test..

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with an unsatisfied customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Very through. Need to be prepared for the customer service aspect and not just technical. How do you problem solve and critical thinking. Panel interview from managers and peers.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (San Antonio, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position back around the middle of April. I didn't hear back from them until May when I was asked via email to complete an online assessment. As soon as I finished I received an email telling me to schedule the phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 15 mins, I thought I did horrible, but a few days later I got another email saying I passed the phone interview and they would like to meet for a in person interview. I interviews with 2 people, and then the senior manager. They asked 4 behavioral questions. I then had the opportunity to sit with an adjuster for about 20 minutes then the interview was complete. Be as detailed as possible when you're answering the questions, also focus on customer service, and attention to details, seems to be what they're looking for

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with change at work and describe how you adjusted.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was okay with pay

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

First a phone interview, then an in-house interview with 2 managers
    The phone interview is a recording and then you have a chance to answer. If they are satisfied with your answers you will have an interview in the office.
    FYI>>> it is best to have a good employee referral

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (New York, NY).

Interview

Received an email for a phone interview that took, 10- 15 mins
    The day after i was emailed a online assessment, 30 mins
    Email for a in person interview, 60mins
    Called for a last interview, (You have to shadow someone), 5 hours Once you are done shadowing you speak to the main manager and have a mini interview.
    Contact you within a week to notify you if you are hired or not.

Overall The people i interacted with were very friendly and kept it real.

Interview Questions

• What is your flaw?
      Tell us about a time you had to handle a difficult situation? What did you do?
      Tell us about a time you had to tell someone no?
      Senerio based question   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Tigard, OR) in April 2016.

Interview

Was emailed a link for a recorded phone interview, then sent a link for a personality test, then scheduled for an in-person interview after passing both of those - all of the questions were STAR structured behavioral questions. Overall the process was pretty impersonal.