Allstate Claims Adjuster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Allstate Claims Adjuster Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Rochester, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

After completing an online application I was contacted via email for an automated phone interview. I completed 20 min phone interview and was selected to take an online multiple choice personality/experience test..

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with an unsatisfied customer.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Allstate

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Very through. Need to be prepared for the customer service aspect and not just technical. How do you problem solve and critical thinking. Panel interview from managers and peers.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (San Antonio, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position back around the middle of April. I didn't hear back from them until May when I was asked via email to complete an online assessment. As soon as I finished I received an email telling me to schedule the phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 15 mins, I thought I did horrible, but a few days later I got another email saying I passed the phone interview and they would like to meet for a in person interview. I interviews with 2 people, and then the senior manager. They asked 4 behavioral questions. I then had the opportunity to sit with an adjuster for about 20 minutes then the interview was complete. Be as detailed as possible when you're answering the questions, also focus on customer service, and attention to details, seems to be what they're looking for

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with change at work and describe how you adjusted.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was okay with pay

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

First a phone interview, then an in-house interview with 2 managers
    The phone interview is a recording and then you have a chance to answer. If they are satisfied with your answers you will have an interview in the office.
    FYI>>> it is best to have a good employee referral

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (New York, NY).

Interview

Received an email for a phone interview that took, 10- 15 mins
    The day after i was emailed a online assessment, 30 mins
    Email for a in person interview, 60mins
    Called for a last interview, (You have to shadow someone), 5 hours Once you are done shadowing you speak to the main manager and have a mini interview.
    Contact you within a week to notify you if you are hired or not.

Overall The people i interacted with were very friendly and kept it real.

Interview Questions

• What is your flaw?
      Tell us about a time you had to handle a difficult situation? What did you do?
      Tell us about a time you had to tell someone no?
      Senerio based question
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Tigard, OR) in April 2016.

Interview

Was emailed a link for a recorded phone interview, then sent a link for a personality test, then scheduled for an in-person interview after passing both of those - all of the questions were STAR structured behavioral questions. Overall the process was pretty impersonal.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Rochester, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fair. However, they offer very low pay for the tasks they want you to perform. I also believe they didn't hire me because they didn't believe I was willing to relocate.

Interview Questions

• What are some things you accomplished professionally, and how do you think they'll help you in this position?   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by recruiter a week later. Scheduled phone interview and after that interview I was sent an assessment test. Then once I passed that was scheduled for in person interview with 3 supervisors from different departments.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were not able to fully complete an assigned task and what would you do differently.   Answer Question
    • Why did I want to work for Allstate?   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was great. I was always kept aware of what was going on, even over the holidays. There was frequent communication with a recruiter over email and phone; I was paired with an awesome recruiter that was always willing to answer questions or offer assistance.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

If you're not into reading details....here's what I have to say in short: The interview process with Allstate is lengthy, but not too difficult. You'll experience standard situation-based questions, so have a few stories prepared that show how great you are with handling difficult customers and making tough decisions and you'll be fine. Be prepared for at least a month long process though, and if you do not have a degree, you probably wont get the position.

When I applied for the claims adjuster position, I honestly didn't even think I'd get a call back as I had no experience in the insurance industry and did not complete college, but I gave it a try because I did meet the minimum education and experience requirements for the job. To my surprise, about 4 days after submitting my application, I received an e-mail to set up a phone interview. The interview was simplistic and only lasted about 10 minutes or so. She asked me to tell her a little about myself, asked for my salary requirements, and I believe she asked a question about how I stay organized and a "tell me a time" type question.

Right after the interview, she sent me an assessment. Easy test. You'll pass it. In fact, you'll find out if you passed about 5 minutes after finishing.

So about a week later, I received a call to set up a face to face interview with two managers. The interview was set for a week later. This interview was pretty conversational. The managers were professional but pretty laid back. Though there were two of them, only one asked questions while the other manager wrote down my responses and occasionally chimed in to add something or ask me for further clarification. They asked four questions, which they read from a little packet of interview questions. They say a little explanatory paragraph before actually asking you the question, so you kind of get a feel of what they are looking for in a response. One question that stood out to me was "Tell me about a manager that you were most productive with and explain why." I've never been asked that before so I was a little taken aback.

My interview went well, though. In fact, it went so well that they wanted me to meet their manager and have the third interview right then and there. Unfortunately, he was out of the office, and I couldn't wait due to other obligations. Anyhow, I got a call to schedule the third interview. Went in, and this interview is not really an question-type of interview. It's more of a time to for you to ask questions and get a feel of if this job is really for you. The only question I was asked was to explain my previous work experience and how I think it will carry over to the insurance field. (my experience is in banking).

After my final interview, I was told I'd hear something in two weeks. 2 days later, I got a call from a hiring manager of another department and was informed that I didn't get the claim adjuster position (he told me the only reason I did not get picked was because I don't have a degree...and the other candidate did), however, one of the managers I interviewed with recommended me to him for another position that had recently opened (claim service specialist) and that's why the hiring manager was calling me. He told me that legally I needed to go through the application/interview process again.......and so I did. (-___________-)

To wrap this story up, I went through an additional month of test and interviews for the new position, with each interviewer praising me as if I had the job in the bag, only to be told that they went with another candidate once again at the end of the month.

Soooooooooooooo yeah.....in my opinion, how well you interview does not weigh too heavily on their decision. They seem to go with whoever has the most experience/degrees....which isn't necessarily a bad thing. It just sucks to hear "Yeah, we liked you much better than the other guy and think you'll be a great fit for our company.....but since he has a degree....we went with him instead" after two months of interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were presented with an unexpected change in the workplace. How did you deal with it?   1 Answer