Allstate Claims Adjuster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 5, 2018

2.8

73 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Phone interview questions about myself and 2 behavioral questions. What salary do I want? When did I go beyond for a customer? Tell a time when you failed a customer?

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Allstate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online then received an email saying I was being moved to the next step. The next step was then an assessment on how I would react to in certain situations and rate from 1- 5. I completed that then was onto the next step. A very cheerful HR associate from chicago called me to have a phone interview which went very well. Asked me a few behavioral questions and asked me about my background in regards to my resume. That went well then moved me onto the final process which was an in person interview. I went to the in-person interview and was interviewed by 2 females and was asked a series of behavioral questions. They told me there were opening up a new location in the valley and they were leading it. I felt as though since it was a new location they were opening that they had something to prove. The whole time I felt as though I was being ganged up on and was being interrogated. Sent a thank you email to the HR rep. to forward it to my interviewers. Waited a week and didn't get a response so emailed the HR rep. back ask to the status of my application. She said she will get in touch soon. I then I received a generic/safe email the next morning that I did not get accepted.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you disagreed with a coworker? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you had to deliver bad news.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Allstate in November 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview that lasted 15 minutes between myself & a representative from the company. First they ask you to confirm some of the details in your resume. They'll ask what are your salary expectations, and if you're bilingual. If you have any prior experience as a claims adjuster, then they'll ask you about that. Then they'll do two or three behavioral questions. Then they'll forward your recorded responses to the hiring manager for that position & that manager will decide whether or not to do more interviews.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about one of the most difficult challenges you experienced at your last job & how you overcame it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Allstate (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Two phone interviews with two different managers then a in person interview with the manager that, if hired, you would be under. All of this for someone who already works for the company. I also had to take a skills and personality exam.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate in September 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview since I was out of state. I had about 8-10 behavioral questions.very typical questions. They did a really thorough job of explaining the process before and hand to let me know what they were looking for in my answers. They introduced themselves and told me about their experience and the job before going into the behavioral questions, it was a pretty standard and formal interview. They made it very comfortable though. After the behavioral questions, I had time to ask them questions. The interview lasted a little over an hour. It went well I did not get offered the job I applied for, but was offered a follow up interview for another position, which I accepted. That interview was also behaviorial, but with fewer questions, about 3. Each interview consisted of two managers interviewing me on the phone. They were all very pleasant and very nice to work with. They were very informative, the recruiter was extremely helpful and nice as well. All around an extremely positive experience.

Interview Questions

• In simplified terms, they asked me: Tell me about a time when....

1) you had a difficult customer
      2) when you had a demanding customer
      3) when you failed to prioritize
      Etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Allstate (Dallas, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Quick, to the point and crisp. I was greeted on time and quickly taken to the room where interviews were taking place. I was asked to take a math test and was asked to handle a customer call.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan to calm a customer who is hurt and does not have medical coverage.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Rochester, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

After completing an online application I was contacted via email for an automated phone interview. I completed 20 min phone interview and was selected to take an online multiple choice personality/experience test..

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with an unsatisfied customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Very through. Need to be prepared for the customer service aspect and not just technical. How do you problem solve and critical thinking. Panel interview from managers and peers.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (San Antonio, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position back around the middle of April. I didn't hear back from them until May when I was asked via email to complete an online assessment. As soon as I finished I received an email telling me to schedule the phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 15 mins, I thought I did horrible, but a few days later I got another email saying I passed the phone interview and they would like to meet for a in person interview. I interviews with 2 people, and then the senior manager. They asked 4 behavioral questions. I then had the opportunity to sit with an adjuster for about 20 minutes then the interview was complete. Be as detailed as possible when you're answering the questions, also focus on customer service, and attention to details, seems to be what they're looking for

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with change at work and describe how you adjusted.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was okay with pay

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

First a phone interview, then an in-house interview with 2 managers
    The phone interview is a recording and then you have a chance to answer. If they are satisfied with your answers you will have an interview in the office.
    FYI>>> it is best to have a good employee referral

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation