Allstate Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Allstate Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview Questions

2.9

Claims Adjuster Trainees Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Allstate (Roanoke, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got an email to set up a telephone interview. The phone interview was a recording. Once I did the phone interview, I got an email to complete an online assessment and after I completed that I got a call for a face to face interview. The face to face interview was with two managers and I was asked 3 behavior questions and about 5-6 general job experience questions plus some random questions they threw in. I was asked not once but two times why Allstate. They were mostly looking for customer service experience. I just graduated so I don't have more than a full year of customer service so I think that's why they didn't hire me. They also stressed that the job would be over 40 hours a week and that it was extremely high volume.

Interview Questions

• Why Allstate? Name 5 behavioral characteristics needed for good customer service. 3 behavioral questions and 5 job related tell me about a time/experience questions most all related to customer service   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Allstate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hauppauge, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Allstate (Hauppauge, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone interview first. Initial in person interview was approximately 3 hours first meeting with department managers, then floor manager, and finally sitting with an adjuster to learn more about the process. Second interview was meeting solely with the dept manager for an informal meeting. Comprehensive background check is completed after the formal offer of employment and can take 7 days to complete.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you found yourself behind in a project. How did you rectify it and were you able to accomplish it on time?   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Overall the interview process was pleasant. It began with a typical online assessment to determine if the certain skills were there for the candidate. From there a recruiter called to schedule an over the phone interview. Once that was done and the over the phone interview ended an in person interview was set up. The in person interview was pleasant and a job offer was given within a week of interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Grand Rapids, MI) in December 2014.

Interview

Overall the process took about 4 months . I know it seems like a long time but it's not. You hear back from somebody in week increments .
    Week 1 : Filled out application
    Week 2 : Received an interview inviting me to do a phone Interview ( which is automated ) .
    Week 3 : Passed the phone interview and move on to the next stage which was the online assessment ( behavioral questions mainly ; like what would you and sequential questions
    Week 4 : Received a phone call from a recruiter into I got me to do a F2F interview .
    Week 5 : F2F ( Very long about hour and a half )

Interview Questions

• There were many questions , they read them from a paper . They ask about 10 questions very conversational like . That's part one . Part two ; there are two open ended questions , part three you write down the answer to a question they asked you on paper . And lastly they test your ability to work in such an environment .   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I interviewed at Allstate (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

had interview today, questions are behavirol. Based on the Star Method. Interview consisted of two people and it lasted for about forty five minutes. Poeple seemed really nice and professional. However they are hard to read..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

I received an email from the Allstate Recruiter stating that they had reviewed my resume online. Then I was sent to apply for the position online. I was then scheduled a phone conversation to talk to the recruiter to talk about the my job history and the position. I was then sent an assessment to complete online. Then sent to interview 1 on 1.

Interview Questions

• In your last or current position, how do you deal with an angry customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hudson, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Hudson, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Had a phone interview about 2 weeks later, followed by a in- person interview with 2 managers. I felt it was a waste of time and I did not get the chance to talk enough nor explain why I would be a great fit for the job.They where talking to each other about their weekend plans more than they talked to me! Huh?! Really?!! It was insulting. I felt overlooked probably because a I was a woman interviewing with 2 arrogant men! I wouldn't think about working for this company!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself..they where not reading questions off paperwork.Just random questions.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

I first put my application in online. I applied 3 times overall:

1.) The first time, I put in my application and I was sent an email about 3 weeks later saying that I hadn't been chosen.
    2.) The second time, I put in my application and I was emailed to set up a phone screen. The phone screen wasn't too hard and I was given an online assessment to take. I passed it with flying colors, but I was passed up for an in person interview.
    3.) The third time, I was given an in person interview with two HR representatives. Their office manager was on vacation and I'm going back next week to speak with them and shadow with a current Claims Adjuster.

An overall positive experience.

Interview Questions

• They ask a lot about your weaknesses or decisions you would have made differently in your current position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Houston, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied on online, approximately 2 weeks later I was emailed a request to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was basic questions about my interest in the position.

About a week after the phone interview I was sent a link to take a basic online personality assessment.

Two weeks later I had an in-person interview at a corporate location. The interview lasted about an hour and consisted of two parts. First there are basic questions. Very similar to the phone interview. The second part is situational questions and other questions using the STAR method.

After the initial interview I was taken to shadow an employee for about 20 minutes. Then, I sat down with the office manager who asked basic questions about my past and interest in the job.

About a week later I was called with a contingent offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you recognized a potential problem and brought it to managements attention before it became a problem.   Answer Question

Accepted an offer with another employer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Allstate (Livermore, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

I submitted an online application. I received a call from a recruiter one day later. I was asked about my resume and one interview question. The question was "Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult situation. After I was done interviewing with the recruiter, I was asked to take a assessment test. It was an easy test based on behavioral questions. What would you do in this situation. Finally, I was set up with a in person interview. The interview lasted approximately an hour and involved question/answer, then spend time with a person who does that job. I was asked why I wanted to work there, what questions to ask a person involved in vehicle accident, how I prioritize my workload, and other customer oriented questions. I had the interview today, so I don't know if I will be extended a job offer. However, it was a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Maybe, what questions would you ask someone involved in a car accident.   Answer Question