Allstate Claims Processor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Allstate Claims Processor Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.9

Claims Processor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

I was interviewed by two CSLs (claims service leaders) and they asked why I feel like I am the right candidate, and asked previous scenarios in which my previous employment was relatable to the position I applied to

Interview Questions

• Name one time you dealt with an angry customer and how did you handle the situation   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Allstate

Anonymous Employee in Hudson, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Allstate (Hudson, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

I thought it was an interview; however, it was really an employee orientation meeting. Several others and myself were already hired for the position. The presenter began talking about what the company did, company policy, dress code, pay scale. She then started passing out W-2 forms and drug screening forms. At that point, it finally dawned on me that this wasn't an interview, this was an orientation.

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (New Orleans, LA) in July 2015.

Interview

They call you in to a panel style interview it was 3 managers. I was asked tons of question related to past work experience and personality. The managers were friendly but very stern, it was intense because no one showed emotion so I wasn't sure what they were pleased with or liked about the interview .

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you bring to the team?   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hudson, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Allstate (Hudson, OH) in August 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, online assesment, in person interview with behavioral questions, typing test and mock email exercise. The whole process was very smooth and easy. The in person interview was relaxed and conversational. I never felt that anyone was trying to trip me up and we're genuinely interested in what I had to say. Probably the nicest interview process I have been through. Also, pay and benefits were explained in the interview and the interviewer was very clear.

Interview Questions

• Generally they were questions on how you handled different types of situations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cross Plains, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate (Cross Plains, WI).

Interview

Phone interview, then to the site to complete computer testing and then if you pass those tests onto a 1 on 1 interview

Negotiation

Great pay and benefits

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I applied via their web site and was first called for a phone interview about ten days later. This was really just verifying my customer service experience from my resume. They did ask the tell me a time you went above and beyond to help a customer. Be as specific as you can as this is what they are looking for. Not just how you handled this issue (it does not have to be a really bad issue that you handled) and how you satisfied the customer. I was then asked to do the on-line skill/personality test. Received an email later that day saying I had passed it. Don't know what to tell you on that test other then think from the perspective of a customer and how you would want to be treated. I was then called about a week later for a panel interview. There were two people in the interview however one was really just there to take down what I said. It was again the give an example of how you handled a difficult situation type of questions. They wanted me to describe the issue; describe what I did to solve the issue and how I followed up with the customer. Again, need a specific issue and it does not need to be earth shattering. Really looking for how you satisfied the customer and how you followed up with them to make sure they were satisfied. Have questions to ask them once the interview is over. I wrote down about five that I could ask and picked three based on what they were asking me. I asked them things like what is the training process, how many people are currently in the department and what are the hours/days the department is open. (I was told after I got hired that it impressed them that I had written down questions before the interview and that I was the only person to do that of the five they had face-to-face interviews with).

About a week later I was called in for a one-on-one with the department manager and to sit with someone in the department currently doing the job I was applying for. I asked the person I sat with questions like, how long they had been with Allstate and in their current position. are you given enough time and the right tools to do your job, are the personal and department goals attainable. (they will talk with this person after you are gone so leave a good impression with this person that you are interested and want the job).

The interview with the manager was very informal. More conversational then interviews I was use to. She did ask specifics on my work experience from my resume. Also as I was coming from a management position to a non-management position, how I would handle the difference in working with the team as opposed to being in charge of the team.

I was called the next week with a verbal offer to start in two weeks pending the back ground check and drug test. All I know that was checked on the background check was previous employers (I had to fax my W2's on one) and my college degree (I had to fax a copy of my diploma). Other then that I don't know what they check or how.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you were presented with a problem from a customer and what you did to solve it. Need a specific problem, what I did to fix the problem to the satisfaction of both the customer and the company and what I did to follow up with the customer to ensure all was well.   1 Answer

Negotiation

As this was an entry level position, there was no salary negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

My interview process consisted of 1 assessment, 1 phone interview, and 1 panel interview. The online assessment as well as the phone interview were a breeze but the in-person panel interview was rather difficult. They ask questions based on the Claims Associate position which is difficult if you've never worked in the position before. There were more job related questions than customer service questions so whether you have an extent customer service background or not you're going to have trouble. My two interviewers were stiff and impersonable.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to meet a deadline.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yuma, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Allstate (Yuma, AZ) in March 2012.

Interview

This Interview was the longest interview process in my life! pretty ridiculous i should say.
    1. Phone interview
    2. Was called in for a face to face interview the following week
    3. Attended interview, and they made a presentation about the company and its duties
    4. After the presentation, I had a panel interview and asked many never ending questions about customer service skills and issues, and they go very deep about your work pass and ask many questions about gaps if any. After this they make a decision if your going to move to the next process.
    5.I was chosen for the next process, so they send me in a room with an employee who was in the position, and that was for me to ask him any questions about the position and stuff
    6.Send me to the third interview where I meet the hiring managers. Me and this other person were interviewed in the same room. All this took about 3 hours loong!

NOt sure about this company and its management. The impression i got from them was no flexibility, no freedom at all, and every second is accounted.

Interview Questions

• Described challanges you face at school and work and how you met deadlines and balance?   Answer Question
    • Define great customer service, and when you as a consumer had the greatest experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Charlotte, NC) in September 2011.

Interview

Really straight forward. Had a phone interview, then a one on one interview, then a interview with the hr manager and head marketing manager

Claims Processor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Allstate in May 2011.

Interview

First you apply, then their talent acquisition team conducts a mini-interview on the phone to qualify you. Then you are scheduled for a panel interview with 2-3 office reps. If you pass, take a drug test and background check. Lastly, a 30 min job sit-along and final interview.

Negotiation

No negotiation phase