Allstate Claims Service Adjuster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Allstate Claims Service Adjuster Interview Questions

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Claims Service Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Based solely on customer service and how well you handle difficult customers. They ask what you would do in different situations and how experienced you are in handling those situations.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Allstate

Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Livermore, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

First there is an automated phone interview that you must complete (feels like leaving a lengthy voicemail). This part was very impersonal and there was no specified time limit, so I was cut off in parts. Sent an email right after explaining how I was willing to speak with them to fill in any holes.
    Then, not too long (maybe a few days after) I was asked to do an in person interview at the Livermore office. Signage is not clear for the entrance to the building so I wasn't sure where to go (it's extremely rare that anyone other than the employees visit the office). The person I was scheduled to interview with was "unavailable" and they last minute had to reassign people to interview me. I was under the impression that they were disorganized.
    The interview went smoothly, but did not really inform me of or relate strictly to what I would be doing during the job. Many things were not communicated to me, such as required Saturday duties and the fact that the environment is essentially a call center. Also you are required to stay late a certain number of days throughout the month.
    Overall the process went smoothly, but they could have been more transparent about the job expectations. Also, I had to take a drug test which was very inconvenient.

Interview Questions

• Reflect on a situation in which you had to resolve an issue. How did you resolve it, and if you could go back in time, what would you do differently and why? (approximate)   1 Answer

Negotiation

They did not let me negotiate the offer. Which, based on my qualifications, I feel like I deserved a higher salary.

Claims Service Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

The process started off very quick but have slowed down now. I have completed a total of 3 interviews. The first one was over the phone, the second was with a panel of 3 managers, then last was one with the hiring manager. very pleasant interviews. Everything went very well, but almost a week has passed and still no response or offer. Trying to stay positive until I hear further.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to prioritize your time at work   Answer Question

Claims Service Adjuster Interview

Interview

Take an aptitude test, go through a phone interview with an HR representative, schedule an in person meeting with management and possibly a follow up phone or in person interview, they call you to offer you the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much opportunity for negotiation, they have set salaries and call you to accept the job or not.

Claims Service Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate in March 2015.

Interview

a recruiter calls he does a short phone interview then submited resume over to management. received a call a week later to set up a face to face interview

Interview Questions

• it was behavioral questions asking how you would handle stressful situations and how would you overcome it...the face to face interview took a good 35 minutes advised me that there were multiple candidates interested in the position, so my hopes went out the window. they also advise me it was going to take a few weeks for a decision. they also sent me an email telling how they enjoyed speaking with me, and on 04/10/15 I received a call from the same recruiter and he told me they went with another candidate, but when I went on Indeed.com to continue my career search Allstate re-posted the same position online   Answer Question

Allstate Response

Apr 28, 2015 – Employment Brand Manager

Thank you for your feedback on your interview. We appreciate your interest and your time. As an interview finalist, I'd encourage you apply to like opportunities that you are qualified for. What... More

Claims Service Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Recruiter called within a week, asked 3 behavioral questions, pretty basic. A week later got a call back from recruite to schedule an in person interview with hiring manager, round table style, behavioral based interview.

Interview Questions

• Give us a specific example of when you had to deal with a challenging customer or co worker   Answer Question

Claims Service Adjuster Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email from HR to take an assessment test, and if I pass, I will move on to a phone interview. Passed the assessment test. Had a phone interview and I was able to have a second interview, at the place where I applied at. Two people interviewed me, one was asking the question, while the other wrote down my response.

Anonymous Employee in Hauppauge, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Hauppauge, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview process was typical. You have to take a test when you apply online, if the results of the test are good you are contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. If you are selected then you meet with 2 of the managers for an interview. Following that you will meet with the Regional Claim Leader if you do well, and are interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were creative in solving a problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Bloomington, MN) in June 2014.

Interview

I originally applied for a different adjustor position, didn't hear back from that one in almost three months, so I reapplied for a different adjustor position, and heard back from the recruiter 2 hours later via email. Weird. Anyway. Recruiter contacted me via phone for 10-15 minute interview. Pretty simple questions: 1) tell me about yourself and 2) tell me about a stressful situation and how you handled it. They also asked for salary requirements. I asked for higher than was offered, but if you have zero claims experience like I do, then they're tough about negotiating a higher base salary.

After the easy phone interview I was emailed an online assessment, which tests your customer service skills. There are a few graphs you have to interpret (grade school difficulty) and "what if" scenarios that help determine whether you're a culture fit. I passed that and was scheduled for a first round personal interview with a claims service leader and an operations leader. Both were very pleasant, took notes in an interview packet, asked pretty generic behavioral questions that I found easy because I prepped for them. I also have years of customer service experience, so if you have that you'll be fine. Make sure you highlight your customer service, adaptability and decision-making skills. After successfully completing first round, I was offered a second interview on the spot. Two days later I came back to job shadow an adjustor for an hour, and then met with the office manager, who turned out to be the regional claims leader. Very good vibe from the office, friendly, genuine and helpful people.

If they like you, Allstate reacts very quickly. The same day of my second round interview the recruiter contacted me again and offered me the position. HR may not be the quickest at first, believe me, but keep applying to different positions. If they think you're a good fit they move fast to get you hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake. What happened, and how did you handle it?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had to change your methods to solve a problem.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a difficult customer you've had and how you dealt with them.   1 Answer
    • Why the career change? Why Allstate?   Answer Question

Claim Service Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allstate (Dallas, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

the interview processes are very complex structured with too many questions that are lengthy and require short quick responses in a fast paced environment with a lot of thought and review and then the team has to review and score the responses to compare to all the competitors and decide if you qualify for the position or not.

Interview Questions

• to describe a problem and how we handled it   1 Answer