Allstate Claims Service Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Allstate Claims Service Specialist Interview Questions

2.4

45 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate (Charlotte, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

A month after applying for the job, I had a phone interview. A week later, assessment, a week after that, live interview which was followed by an offer. Right now I'm waiting for results from background check.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Allstate

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2017.

Interview

Steps are detailed below:

1. Applied online (2/14/17)
    2. Received an email for a montage phone interview. Interview was a computer asking questions about customer service. Be extra friendly. (2/16/17)
    3. Passed that, then received an email for the assessment. This is your normal assessment, like for an job. (2/16/17)
    4. Passed the assessment and was scheduled for a in-person interview. (2/17/17)
    5. Interview was scheduled for 90 minutes. 10 mins of job overview, 30-45 mins of shadowing, 30-45 mins of interviewing. Interview was fun and relaxed. They are basically trying to see if Allstate and you are a good fit for each other. (2/21/17)
    6. Received an email that I passed the interview on (2/23/17). Received a contingency job offer pending background and drug screen results.
    7. Submitted background and drug screen on (2/2317)
    8. Received an email today (3/4/17) that my background was complete.
    9. Now just waiting on my FINAL job offer from the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?
      Tell me a time when you had to deal with an upset customer?
      Tell me about your previous jobs?
      Why do you think you would be a good fit here?

Interview was scheduled for 30-45 mins. Mine lasted a little over an hour.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheyenne, WY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate (Cheyenne, WY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online at Allstate.com, and the next day received an invitation for a recorded phone interview. For this interview you click a link on a website, and then you receive a call. This process is automated, so you are given a series of pre-recorded questions. You are given a few seconds to think about your answer, then approx. 2 minutes to record an answer. There is no live interviewer.

The first questions are mostly basic ones--how did you hear about this position, what is your highest level of education, what is your current salary, why are you looking to leave your current employer, why are you the best candidate for this position. Basically, the standard info you would list on your resume and cover letter, so if you have those two things handy you should be good.

After these basic questions, I was asked two questions in the STAR format.

This is the very beginning of the interview process, so I'll update this as I move along.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a client.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to ask a client a lot of questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Allstate (Corona, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by email to participate in a phone interview. It was an automated interview and the link in the email didn't work. Fortunately there was a phone number to call for technical help from a 3rd party company used to facilitate the call. The person helping was nice and helpful and started the interview call. She informed me that there is a lot of confusion with the Allstate interviews and gave me some tips to navigate however even still the process was not user friendly being asked questions by a recording and not a live person there is no opportunity to clarify a question. One statement said not to answer a question then asked one and then ended suddenly. I didn't know if I had even answered all the questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you went out of your way to help a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hudson, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Hudson, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

Had to complete an initial phone interview, followed by an online behavioral assessment, followed by an in person interview with a typing test and shadowing someone already within the company. Should be 1 to 2 weeks before anything else is found out. No offer yet

Interview Questions

• Share one experience with working as a team to accomplish something.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Diamond Bar, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Diamond Bar, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online, received and email with the instructions to complete an automated interview. A few days after I received an email from the recruiter with instructions for a in person interview. A day later the recruiter sent me an email to fill out additional information. Received a call to review supplementary details and base salary, as well as instructions for a background check.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Allstate?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Charlotte, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

I put in an application online and was contacted by a recruiter to do a phone interview a couple weeks later. The phone interview was completely automated and consisted of information you can easily find on your resume with a couple situational questions thrown in for good measure. I was then emailed a customer service assessment that took approximately 45 minutes to complete.

A couple weeks later the recruiter scheduled me for a face-to-face interview with a hiring manager. Everyone was very pleasant and welcoming. Prior to the interview the hiring manager took me on a tour of the facility and laid out the day to day requirements for the job. The interview itself consisted of four situational questions so make sure you answer them in STAR format! Everything went smoothly and I felt like I would receive a job offer at the very least.

However, a day later the recruiter sent me an e-mail saying they went with someone that more closely matched the requirements of the position. Looking back on it, I was interviewed pretty late in the process so they may have had their minds made up before even getting to me. That's the way it goes sometimes though!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you may have neglected a customer and what actions you took to rectify the situation.   1 Answer

Claims Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

They asked four behavioral questions...fairly easy. there were two team managers that handled the interview. after that I met the head manager and he asked a few quedtions. then I went and sat with a team member to get a look into what the job entailed. I was told I should hear something within a week. praying I get it.

Interview Questions

• Name a time u had an unexpected change at your job and how did u handle it   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Charlotte, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a email inviting me to complete a phone interview. The interview was a Montage Phone Interview that lasted about 15-20 mins. I then received an email asking me to complete an online assessment. After I completed the assessment I was even another email informing me I had passed and a HR rep would be reaching out to me. Two weeks later I was contacted by phone to have a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager. I was able to see what the day today activities for the job was as well as go over the specifics of pay and benefits. I was then asked for star format questions. At the end of the interview the hiring manager offered me the opportunity to sit with another representative to get a feel for the actual position two days later I got a call offering me the job

Anonymous Employee in Hudson, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allstate (Hudson, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for the Express Claims Service department in Hudson, OH. A recruiter contacted me and I was required to complete a Montage phone interview. Be sure to answer in STAR format and provide specific examples from your work experience. There were quite a few questions, so practice in your best voice and don't forget to speak clearly and positively.

I interviewed with a panel of two, a male and female. They told me about the position, job requirements, benefits and salary. I was asked if I had any issue with the starting salary.

I was asked a couple of general questions about my interest in the position and my future plans. I'd recommend that you sound invested in their company, chances are they're not looking for someone who's just after a steady paycheck.

After that, I was asked three behavioral questions. Make sure to answer in STAR format.

A couple more questions were asked mostly I think to see if I really was invested in their company. Be sure to do your research on Allstate beforehand! After that I got to shadow a Claims Service Specialist and got to ask her a couple questions in between her calls. After that I was walked out and told I'd hear something within 2 weeks.

A week later, got an email requesting more info from the online Allstate job portal. It took another week for the recruiter to call with an offer, and I accepted!

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went beyond normal job procedures to help a customer.   1 Answer
    • Name a time when you dealt with a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The interviewer asked if I had any issues with the starting salary and I didn't dare negotiate, I didn't think it was appropriate in my case. I was satisfied with the salary offer.