Allstate Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 17, 2017

2.6

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

I was assigned a seat to wait in while occupying the lobby. From there I was taken to the owner and given a standard interview. I felt very comfortable with the staff.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Allstate

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Hiring process is smooth ( I should have known by that)
    My recruiter was phenomenal
    My phone interview was a robot and gave all info for salary and schedule, along with questions you have to record your answers to
    My in person interview was LATE, unorganized and seemed to just be thrown together. There were generic complexed questions asked that you had to take a few minutes before they would allow you to answer (pointless). The inteview ended with a small tur of the work area and me knowing I had the job
    I got called back that evening and offered the job by my initial recruiter

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate (Charleston, SC).

Interview

I sent my resume and then received a phone call to let me know about an assessment. Took the assessment and had a phone interview. Then had an interview with the agency owner and agency manager. It was really simple and they just asked basic interview questions about my experience and about myself.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you the most?
      What interests you about the position offered?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hudson, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Hudson, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

Took about 1 month from date applied. Heard back within a week of applying I was scheduled for a Montage phone interview. Next I was sent an assessment to complete. Then I was scheduled for a face to face interview with the hiring manager. Within a week of the interview, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Situational based questions. Just remember to us the STAR method when answering.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Set salary.

Anonymous Employee in Hudson, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate (Hudson, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

you apply online, then get a Phone interview, then face to face interview at the office. then you get a phone call from the recruiter stating you either got the job or didnt.

Interview Questions

• what are some good ideas you came up with to improve your company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hudson, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Allstate (Hudson, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

Process was very quick! I applied online then I was invited to do a recorded phone interview. After you pass the phone interview you will do a skills assessment test. If you pass the assessment then you will get an in person interview. Received offer 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time questions.... 4-5 behavioral questions   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Allstate (Lincoln, NE) in July 2015.

Interview

Minimal and unclear description and direction as it related to my position, who I would be reporting to and once in training, had a very negative experience with the analyst who was training us.

Interview Questions

• How would my last employer describe me   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Allstate in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online through the company website. Two weeks later a link to an assessment was sent to my email. Upon completing the assessment I received another email to do a phone interview. The phone interview was not with a live person, but was automated. It can be a little intimidating due to the lack of human response. After completing the phone interview I was contacted by a recruiter to do an on site interview. The onsite interview was very informative and included situational questions, as well as a tour. I was contacted a few days later with an offer. Overall The process was very professional and positive.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

My 1st interview was with the agency owner and then a few others came in to join like a group interview. It seemed to be mostly a bonding exercise to see if my personality meshed with others in the office.

Interview Questions

• What is my plan B for my children if they are sick and I have to work.   Answer Question

I had already accepted and was satisfied with my decision. I didn't care to pursue any other opportunities.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Allstate (Charlotte, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted soon for a phone interview, completed that, was contacted the next day to set up an in-person interview. General interview process (discuss previous jobs, qualifications), followed by a tour. Was contacted the next day with an offer. There is a background check & drug screen. It's a pretty standard interview, with the regular questions. Nothing crazy.

Interview Questions

• Examples of how you handled certain situations in previous jobs (customer service situation questions) & the other usual stuff.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There isn't one. You get what they offer.