Allstate Exclusive Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.3

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

They had a phone screen and personality/sales assessment up front. Both were fairly easy to pass and proceed with. The phone screen was a nice balance between finding out about my work history and the recruiter telling me about the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Allstate

Exclusive Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

In the interview process they promise you the moon and the stars. They give you "what if" scenarios that focus on best case scenarios that do not exist in reality. They do not tell you anything negative, such as the fact that they change production goals (always increasing) and have and do exercise the right to reduce commissions.

Negotiation

As a new agent there is little to negotiate. If a book is available for sale, you can negotiate purchase terms with that agent and you are then obligated to keep the agency in the area. Commissions paid are non-negotiable and do change annual, and not in the agent's favor. You are an independent contractor so there are no benefits (vacation/holiday pay, sick time, medical, dental, or 401K).

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Allstate (Malvern, PA) in August 2013.

Interview

Several meetings with various levels outside region, at region in Malvern PA, and North brook IL. Assessment test. Provide personal financial details and documentation. Submit a business plan. Quick review of Allstate Exclusive Agent contract.

Exclusive Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Extensive via Allstate Regional Sales Managers

Interview Questions

• Disclosure of ALL your current financial status for company to review   Answer Question

Negotiation

Accept their business terms and licensing and you're an agent

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Allstate (Irving, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

Went very quick, haphazard. Sat down with Regional Managers to cover what was expected of you call wise, prospecting, dollar amount to bring into agency. Lots of paperwork needed to be filled out. Also had to get fingerprinting done and they check your MIB, credit as well.

Interview Questions

• What were your past sales? (Difficult because their set up is different than other life insurance sales, so is an "apples to oranges" situation.)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Job is 100% commission, so no negotiating necessary.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allstate (Seattle, WA) in June 2011.

Interview

Multiple steps...meet with field sales leader to review area where you are going to open agency, review cash flow, review your personal cash reserves, complete online assessments, meet with territorial manager, then 'hired'.

Interview Questions

• You need to be able to show that you are going to have a reasonable chance at being a successful business owner - from experience plus cash reserves.   Answer Question