Allstate Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Allstate Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Allstate

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

Online application then a quick phone interview, followed by an interview with current analyst and then two superiors.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Allstate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Atlanta, GA) in August 2011.

Interview

I applied through the Allstate website. I first received a phone call from the human resources department, headquartered in IL, about one business day after submitting my application. Instead of a phone call arranging a formal phone screening, they asked if I had time to do it right away. I went ahead with it and wasn't really prepared to answer questions such as "Name one situation where you worked in a group, and describe your experience" or "Name an obstacle at work or school you had to work through." Etc. Especially since I was driving home at the time. I thought I bombed it but turns out they emailed me 2 days later and schedule an in-person interview at their atlanta office. It was with two people from their finance department. One appeared to like me. The other seemed very hesitant of my abilities. They asked me situational questions as well as insurance-related questions. For instance, "how would discontinuing insurance policy renewals for homeowners affect the company." At the end, they asked me to prepare a presentation for them. They said there would be a second round of interviews if I made it through.

Took about a week to get an email about how I didn't get a job.

Interview Questions

• If allstate were to cancel all insurance policy renewals in areas with hurricanes, how would this affect the company?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

Allstate asked me, " When were you part of a team, and how did you benefit from your team members in a way that the team was better off than if you had worked by yourself?"
    Also, they asked if they could do a background check, if I was a veteran, what salary I was looking for. I said around $40,000 per year, and they said this corresponded to what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• " When were you part of a team, and how did you benefit from your team members in a way that the team was better off than if you had worked by yourself?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL) in October 2009.

Interview

Submitted my resume on my college recruiting website and was invited for an interview.
    I was interviewed by an Analyst and a Director from the Department for 30 minutes and they asked behavioral questions. the day before the person to person interview, I received a call from HR asking me a few behavioral questions also (15 min conversation). two weeks later, I received a phone call extending an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

After sending in my resume I received a call from someone representing Allstate. They confirmed my information on my resume and asked some questions I was not expecting since it was the first time I had actually communicated with them. The next week I was brought in and interviewed with three people separately, The first just wanted to get to know you and see how you would fit into the company. The following two were more concerned about your skill set and how that would help the company. Be prepared for behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something that's not on your resume that you would like to us to know.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Allstate (Rancho Cordova, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

I had the initial phone interview this past week lasted around 15 minutes and consisted of going over my resume, Why I applied to the position, and 2 situational questions regarding leadership and overcoming obstacles.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Chicago, IL) in October 2010.

Interview

First round was not bad. They just wanted to get to know you. The second round you will meet with 3 or 4 analysts or upper-level managers. I have that 2nd round in a few days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Allstate (Bloomington, IN) in October 2013.

Interview

I submitted my resume onto an on-campus recruiting website at Indiana University. They contacted me to move further along in the interview process and I attended a pre-night to learn more about the company. The next day I had an interview that lasted 30-45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How would computer operated cars change the insurance industry?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Bothell, WA) in September 2013.

Interview

Apply through Linkedin and got a phone interview. The phone interview was kind of easy, they just want to discuss your future goal. After that I was set up for in person interview, which was mostly based on behavioral questions. Advanced to next round and waiting for the answer.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

First touch was a campus career fair. After meeting and speaking with interviewer was selected for an on campus interview. On campus interview was mostly to learn more about self. take me through resume, why allstate, etc. There was nothing too challenging about this first interview and felt i connected with the interviewer pretty well but was not selected to continue. Next round would have been at headquarters.

Interview Questions

• Tell me directly how your coursework will prepare you for this role   Answer Question