Allstate Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Allstate Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Dec 27, 2016

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied Online, got called in for a interview 2 weeks after. Only one interview that was personality based. Two interviewers. Two challenge questions given less than 5 mins to think about and do. Why this position? question.
One challenge was a stat sheet and wanted your observations. Their questions were made to see how you think and how technical you can be.
First part of the interview someone who is currently working in a similar position explains a bit about the company and what they do and how everything works.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Allstate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Madison, WI) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting and interviewed on campus. Pretty straightforward questions regarding resume, past experience, and a few behavioral questions. Also presented a challenge question with some more insurance-specific concepts.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Applied through my University job board. Had to go to a pre-interview session. Everyone is really nice at the pre-interview session, but completely different at the interview themselves. They show no emotion so don't come expecting friendliness. Unfortunately, my interviewers took everything I said including my examples face-value and told me that based off my background and experience I was not going to be interested in the position. However, that was false. I answered all their questions (behavioral questions with one challenge question) flawlessly, but felt like they were trying to find reasons not to hire me. Perhaps, because they already had someone in mind.

Interview Questions

• Challenge Question: How have the following impacted the insurance industry? 1. Drones 2. Distracted Driving 3. Share Riding (like Uber)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Madison, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

They ask behavioral questions. In the end they ask you to choose between 5 "challenge questions". For each question you are to list short term impacts, long term impacts, and opportunities that are coming up in the field.

Interview Questions

• What are short term impacts, long term impacts, and opportunities for Allstate regarding Drone Technology?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Allstate (Champaign, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Cordial, relaxed . 2 interviewers who mixed conversation with behavior questions. There was a mini case they gave you 15 minutes or so to prepare which included five choices of issues affecting the insurance industry, and you have to pick and elaborate on three of them. Overall it seemed that they were trying to persuade me as much as I was trying to sell myself to them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you used your skills to add value at a previous job.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Applied online, and got a phone interview two weeks later. The person I spoke to was very kind, and told me about them self and about the job before getting into the interview questions. If you were well-prepared and read the job description, interview was very straight-forward. About two and a half weeks later I got an in-person 4 hour interview, with several interviewers, panel-style. Every interviewer was very pleasant to talk to. Some tough questions were asked, but I think I managed to end each conversation on a positive note.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time where you improved a process, and tell me the steps you took.
      Q: Describe a situation where you did not follow protocol, but you instead used your best judgement.
      Q: Describe a project you undertook, in which you benefitted from taking a lot of time planning and using set timeframes. Describe your process and how it benefitted you.
      Q: What do you think makes a good work environment?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Irving, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

After applying, I was contacted to set up a phone interview. Interviewed by two analysts. Then brought in for a 3-stage interview: first with 2 analysts, second with 2 managers, lastly with a senior manager. During the interview, I was asked to analyze some financial reports: very straight-forward. After the in-person interview, I was told I would be contacted the following week. The recruiter, however, never reached out to me. After several emails and phone calls, I still received no contact from her. It is unfortunate that the last stage of the process was left up to the recruiter. Everyone that I had interacted with, from the initial person in the main office who set up the interviews to all the people I met and interviewed with, were very helpful and pleasant. I completely understand if a decision had not been made, but a reply to the initial email or a return call explaining that would have sufficed. Unfortunately, I received neither.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allstate (Irving, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

It took Allstate a month to call me after I submitted my resume. The whole process took about two and a half months. A week after 30 min phone screen, I got on site interview. The on-site interview was in Irving, and there was a group of financial team to interview with me. They asked about behavior and situation questions. In final, the managers gave me a sales paper and asked me to interpret.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Interviewed on site with director and hr. Was interviewed in the room by both at the same time. Very personable and nice people. Enjoyed the expeience. Asked basic question to get to know more about my background, as well as behavioral and situational type questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL).

Interview

I met with 2 or 3 different people. They then gave you an opportunity to shadow someone who has been in the position for a year or so. It was nice to know what you would expect if you recieved an offer.