Allstate Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Allstate Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2017

45 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL).

Interview

I met with 2 or 3 different people. They then gave you an opportunity to shadow someone who has been in the position for a year or so. It was nice to know what you would expect if you recieved an offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Allstate

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Allstate in June 2016.

Interview

I had the interview on campus. 2 interviewers are pretty nice. They introduced themselves first, then let me walk them through my resume. Followed by several behavioral questions. They also give you a list of 5 challenge topics, and let you pick 3 of 5 and talk about your thoughts and ideas.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Not a very long process. Applied and heard back within the week. Phone interview for screening, basic getting to know you questions. In person interview 1 week later(Final Round). About 1.5 hours, 2 30 minute interviews, then 30 minutes of desk sits (3). Questions were simple and more so to get to know you and see if they would want to work with you. 1 question to see thinking process.

Interview Questions

• Cars are starting to become more high tech and will be all self driven soon. Name a strategy Allstate can use to stay as a competitor in the Insurance market, and what challenges will there be.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

D+0 Applied for the position
    D+1 HR contacted via email to complete screening questions, i.e. Why the position? Expected salary. etc.
    D+7 HR scheduled onsite interview with hiring managers
    D+9 Interviewed with hiring managers at Northbrook office, two people, each about 30 minutes. They are very polite, and they asked easy interview questions. Be yourself, and do your homework for the company.
    D+14 HR contacted to ask to complete second part of application on Allstate job portal
    D+30 Get the contingent offer to complete background check and drug screen.

Overall, it is a great process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me you experience?
      Why Allstate?
      What do you know about us?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Allstate in March 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview. It was about 30 minutes. They told me I would hear from them sooner but I did not until over a month later. They were no behavioral questions. It felt awkward after the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume?
      What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      what are you bringing to the table?
      Why Allstate?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Allstate (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Pretty straight forward and behavioral based, asked a lot of personal questions and where you see yourself in the future. 2 people conducted the interview, a director and a hiring manager. Lasted about an hour long.

Interview Questions

• What will you do to keep up with the production of self driving cars?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate in February 2016.

Interview

University campus interview and then a written test
    Campus interview was quick and enjoyable. Behavioral questions tended to be the main focus of the interview. They seem to be looking more for the best people rather than the best talent, so showcase that you are a go getter (aka a leader who is good for the company). The written test was ment to showcase the hard skills you'd bring to the position. It included basic cover letter questions for the most part. Take it seriously because they score your responses.

Interview Questions

• How will selfdriven cars change the insurance industry?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate in January 2016.

Interview

I received a call about 5-6 weeks after I applied. While the job was in Denver the first call was from one of their HR managers at their headquarters in Chicago. She was very nice and we had a great 20 min conversation. After that I filled out a one page test on my background and financial philosophies. About a week later I had a phone interview. I though everything was going great until I didn't hear back. I ended up taking a job with another company, because even though originally the HR was really good about returning my emails, after that interview she went radio silent. Despite the fact that she had told me to let her know if I got offers from any other companies, I called and emailed her multiple after receiving another job offer and she never responded. About four week after my initial interview I received a generic email telling me that I did not make it to the next round.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

On-campus career fair, online application, social nights before the interview. Social nights weren't great, since everyone was trying to impress the few recruiters that were there. Interview was fairly straightforward, with one analysis question, and maybe a question or two about Allstate. Interviewers were polite. Was told I would hear back within a week about moving on to the next round, but instead I heard back like two or three months later that I was rejected. Not too broken up about it; the job seemed pretty boring, and the interviewers honestly didn't seem that excited, either.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Chicago, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews and then 2 in person interviews with the final one involving a writing and modeling test. This lasted about 3 hours and I met with 6 different employees within the team. Very easy to talk to but they definitely want to dig into your experience and background.