Allstate Interview Questions in Hudson, OH | Glassdoor

2.8

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hudson, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Hudson, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

Took about 1 month from date applied. Heard back within a week of applying I was scheduled for a Montage phone interview. Next I was sent an assessment to complete. Then I was scheduled for a face to face interview with the hiring manager. Within a week of the interview, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Situational based questions. Just remember to us the STAR method when answering.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Set salary.

Claims Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hudson, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Hudson, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

Had to complete an initial phone interview, followed by an online behavioral assessment, followed by an in person interview with a typing test and shadowing someone already within the company. Should be 1 to 2 weeks before anything else is found out. No offer yet

Interview Questions

• Share one experience with working as a team to accomplish something.   Answer Question

Claims Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hudson, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allstate (Hudson, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for the Express Claims Service department in Hudson, OH. A recruiter contacted me and I was required to complete a Montage phone interview. Be sure to answer in STAR format and provide specific examples from your work experience. There were quite a few questions, so practice in your best voice and don't forget to speak clearly and positively.

I interviewed with a panel of two, a male and female. They told me about the position, job requirements, benefits and salary. I was asked if I had any issue with the starting salary.

I was asked a couple of general questions about my interest in the position and my future plans. I'd recommend that you sound invested in their company, chances are they're not looking for someone who's just after a steady paycheck.

After that, I was asked three behavioral questions. Make sure to answer in STAR format.

A couple more questions were asked mostly I think to see if I really was invested in their company. Be sure to do your research on Allstate beforehand! After that I got to shadow a Claims Service Specialist and got to ask her a couple questions in between her calls. After that I was walked out and told I'd hear something within 2 weeks.

A week later, got an email requesting more info from the online Allstate job portal. It took another week for the recruiter to call with an offer, and I accepted!

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went beyond normal job procedures to help a customer.   1 Answer
    • Name a time when you dealt with a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The interviewer asked if I had any issues with the starting salary and I didn't dare negotiate, I didn't think it was appropriate in my case. I was satisfied with the salary offer.

Claims Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hudson, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Allstate (Hudson, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

I thought it was an interview; however, it was really an employee orientation meeting. Several others and myself were already hired for the position. The presenter began talking about what the company did, company policy, dress code, pay scale. She then started passing out W-2 forms and drug screening forms. At that point, it finally dawned on me that this wasn't an interview, this was an orientation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hudson, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Allstate (Hudson, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

Process was very quick! I applied online then I was invited to do a recorded phone interview. After you pass the phone interview you will do a skills assessment test. If you pass the assessment then you will get an in person interview. Received offer 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time questions.... 4-5 behavioral questions   3 Answers

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hudson, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Allstate (Hudson, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

Online montage, phone interview, panel interview. It was very time consuming ,but very rewarding as well. A lot of behavior scenario questions. It was a great time to express my accomplishments throughout my career journey. Was difficult to provide information from many Yeats back, but when it was over, I was relieved

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work for them   1 Answer

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hudson, OH

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Allstate (Hudson, OH).

Interview

Applied online and got an email the next day to set up a recorded phone interview. Answered some basic questions and the next day got an email asking me to complete an online assessment. It was simple enough. The next day got a call asking to set up a face to face interview. He was nice and friendly and he really seemed to like me. I thought the interview went extremly well. He told me he would score my interview and send it to someone who was in charge of hiring. I was told it was the last day they could do interviews for the upcoming training class and there were a few spots still open. The next day I received an email from them explaining that I didnt get the position because "another candidate scored better" with no further explanation even though I have a bachelors degree(which wasnt required for application) and experience in customer service. I was denied employment by someone who had never met me and notified by email from someone in another state. I tried calling to get an explanation but was told no further feedback would be provided.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hudson, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Hudson, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Was sent an email asking to set up a time for a phone interview which last approximately 20 minutes. I was then sent an online assessment and was contacted by a new recruiter for an on site interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to juggle two tasks. How did you handle it and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hudson, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Allstate (Hudson, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

Interviewers did not seem prepared. The first interviewer read from a packet and seemed to lack confidence. The second was a very open-ended conversation, but she said she couldn't tell me much about my expected responsibilities or what the department looked for in a candidate because they were inexperienced in the interview process, and had never before hired an intern. I quickly ran out of questions. The overall experience was awkward.

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hudson, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Hudson, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Had a phone interview about 2 weeks later, followed by a in- person interview with 2 managers. I felt it was a waste of time and I did not get the chance to talk enough nor explain why I would be a great fit for the job.They where talking to each other about their weekend plans more than they talked to me! Huh?! Really?!! It was insulting. I felt overlooked probably because a I was a woman interviewing with 2 arrogant men! I wouldn't think about working for this company!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself..they where not reading questions off paperwork.Just random questions.   Answer Question