Allstate Interview Questions in Indianapolis, IN | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 4, 2017

2.8

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2017.

Interview

Steps are detailed below:

1. Applied online (2/14/17)
    2. Received an email for a montage phone interview. Interview was a computer asking questions about customer service. Be extra friendly. (2/16/17)
    3. Passed that, then received an email for the assessment. This is your normal assessment, like for an job. (2/16/17)
    4. Passed the assessment and was scheduled for a in-person interview. (2/17/17)
    5. Interview was scheduled for 90 minutes. 10 mins of job overview, 30-45 mins of shadowing, 30-45 mins of interviewing. Interview was fun and relaxed. They are basically trying to see if Allstate and you are a good fit for each other. (2/21/17)
    6. Received an email that I passed the interview on (2/23/17). Received a contingency job offer pending background and drug screen results.
    7. Submitted background and drug screen on (2/2317)
    8. Received an email today (3/4/17) that my background was complete.
    9. Now just waiting on my FINAL job offer from the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?
      Tell me a time when you had to deal with an upset customer?
      Tell me about your previous jobs?
      Why do you think you would be a good fit here?

Interview was scheduled for 30-45 mins. Mine lasted a little over an hour.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Allstate (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online on their website, received a call that was an automated interview. I was invited to take an online assessment which I passed. I was notified via email that I passed and a recruiter would be in touch. Have a face to face interview in 2 days. The process has only taken 2 days so far. Friday will make it 4. HR is very responsive.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you went above and beyond your expected duties at your previous job.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Allstate (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

They asked behavioral questions and let you do a few problems, some of them are probability related. There were two teams that interviewed me. One handled more technical questions, and the other one more behavioral ones. Each part went about 30 minutes. For technical questions, the managers were very helpful and they might give some hints

Liability Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2015.

Interview

There was an email sent to do an interview via online. Which, I accepted and then I was asked to do an online assessment. They sent an email to confirm the time, and then the call was scheduled, and while answering the questions, the automated voice would give me time to regroup. After which the answers were examined and then they were able to get back with me regarding the process.

Interview Questions

• You are busy working on a task when a customer calls to ask a question. You notice that John, a co-worker who has much more experience than you, is not very busy. You decide to:   2 Answers

Claims Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allstate (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Applied through my University's job board. Had a phone interview within 2 days of applying. The phone interview was basic questions and I had to take a computer screening exam as well. After passing that, I then had an interviewed scheduled in the office. The second interview asked me why I am interested in the internship, why I feel I am qualified, etc. About 2 weeks later I got scheduled for a third interview. This interview lasted a total of 5 minutes and was with the office's lead manager. I was asked the same questions from the second interview, just asked by the manager instead and then I was told that I would hear back very soon. 2 weeks later I was notified that the position was filled via email. The process was all too lengthy, taking 2 months in total, even though the interviewers always told me that I would be notified within a few days after each round, it normally took a few weeks. Also the 3rd interview required me to miss an entire day of classes due to travel time, but I was only asked the same simple questions from before. It was a true waste of time.

Liability Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview first. It was fairly easy. It has the same objective as the questions in the 'in-person' interview. If then approved, personality test. The personality test is done online. It is time consuming, but not difficult. Followed by in person interview. This for me was hard, I don't do well talking to people that have to pick my brain in 30 minutes or less. However, it was relaxed and I even enjoyed some laughs.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where your work was not up to your boss' standard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Allstate (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2014.

Interview

team concept. all that were to be interviewed were brought into a room where were seperated into several groups and we put puzzles together and went over riddles together to come to a general agreement.

Interview Questions

• give an example of how you handled a difficult customer   1 Answer

Field Appraiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2014.

Interview

I previously interviewed with Allstate and the actual personal interview was fine. I did not like taking their online assessment which was so typical of some companies. None of he questions were even remotely relevant to the position I was applying for.

I have read numerous articles on the web pertaining to the various screening tests that some companies utilize and the general consensus is that they seem to stand in the way of hiring qualified people.

The previous companies that I have worked for did not utilize these assessments, (Meyers/Briggs, etc.), but instead used more common sense methods such as in person interviews instead of a computer test, asked actual questions that pertained to the position, checked references and so forth.
    My success in prior positions came not as the result of some assessment but rather interacting with an employer in person who knew what the position required and allowed me the opportunity to demonstrate how I could meet those requirements.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a challenging assignment.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2013.

Interview

Quick and easy, nothing outside of the norm when interviewing. Was really only wanting someone who was already licensed. I wouldn't worry about it and just relax. Enjoy yourself and have fun that's one thing that they definitely are wanting in an employee as they will be making a ton of cold calls