Allstate Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Allstate Intern Interview Questions

2.8

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Interview

interview through career fair and then a telephone callThey ask the normal questions in an interview, mostly about yourself.You will then be contacted if you pass this for an in person interview. At this interview you will meet with the hiring manager and another manager.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Allstate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Allstate (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

phone recording to screen potential interns to be later reviewed by the hiring manager. The phone interview was very hard to hear and I had perfect reception and I had to listen a few different times to try and understand the question they were asking.

Anonymous Employee in Murrieta, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Allstate (Murrieta, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Behavioral questions. Asks about your job experience. Likes to see that your personable.
    Look up what head agent you'll be under to get a feel for what they want. Do some background knowledge on insurance. I didn't need any but it'll help. Be willing to be trained into a hirer position.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Pre screen interview over the phone followed by more in depth video chat interview. The In depth interview was done with my eventual manager and one of her direct reports

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allstate (Champaign, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I was invited to a face to face interview with college recruiters after a college career fair. The interview was pretty standard object oriented programming questions. I felt it went well. They said I would have a phone interview with HR the next week and then hear back within 2 weeks. Both of those statements turned out to be lies. I finally was rejected 2 and a half months later.

Interview Questions

• What are the 4 pillars of object oriented programming? How do you access a table in SQL?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hudson, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Allstate (Hudson, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

Interviewers did not seem prepared. The first interviewer read from a packet and seemed to lack confidence. The second was a very open-ended conversation, but she said she couldn't tell me much about my expected responsibilities or what the department looked for in a candidate because they were inexperienced in the interview process, and had never before hired an intern. I quickly ran out of questions. The overall experience was awkward.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Starts out with a pre-screen phone call to get to know you more and go over a resume. Then there are a series of phone interviews, basic questions asking you to describe situations. Interviewers very nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Why I chose All-State if it is in the suburbs and sells insurance?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Allstate (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Talked to them at career fair. They established interest in me and invited me to an on campus interview the next day. Met them and they asked lots of technical/behavioral questions and even had to write code on a whiteboard. Lots of specific questions relating to Object Oriented Programming. Abstract Class vs. Interface etc.

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

Initial communication was with an officer in my area, through him the position became available and I was given a link to apply online by a recruiter. I emailed several times with her before conducting a phone-screen interview. I made clear my interview requirements, which needed to be after the school semester was over, and Allstate was more than accommodating. On my interview day I was taken to my area by the intern lead where I interviewed with 5 senior-level directors in my department to determine which team would provide the best mutual fit.

Interview Questions

• My interviews served less of a case study and more of "tell me about yourself" conversations to determine best fit. The most difficult part was thinking on the spot to tie my experiences into the different teams whose responsibilities were unknown to me prior.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation as this was the position I was seeking

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allstate (Menlo Park, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Fair warning, this will be quite long, but it is packed with details that will help. I promise.

I sent in my resume and cover letter after hearing about the position on a posting board. I received a short 15 minute phone call with a recruiter from the Illinois offices. After the initial screening, she was my main contact person to set me up for the subsequent interviews. As you move through the interview process, expect a few calls and emails from her as she preps you can schedules your interviews.

I believe my third interview was with my would-be team leader, and it was pretty straightforward. The main thing they wanted to check was that I was interested in the research position and not the statistics position (since there were two positions available at the time and they needed a researcher). After that, there were a few behavioral questions that were asked relating to teamwork and strengths on a team.

[Side note: I had correctly applied to the statistics position, but somehow my application was filtered into the research position entries. They tried to convince me otherwise. The mix-up did work in my favor, but this might also say something about organization.]

My fourth interview was a skype call with two individuals working at the internship location. The first individual mainly covered my previous experiences and asked questions to get a better read on my personality. The second individual asked me more technical questions related to statistics, in case they wanted to use my skills in stats as a follow-up to the research work. The main technical question from that interview is below.

I did note that they made sure to call my listed references. Make sure your references are solid and can really vouch for your work, personality, and work ethic.

If all goes well, you'll be contacted by another recruiter from the main office who will be your new contact person to get you set up to start. This will usually cover salary negotiations, start date, and completion of any remaining paperwork / drug screening. Once this step is done, just get ready for your first day. Prepare for a great learning experience.

The entire process took about... 2 months from initial application to getting all set to start. Applied at the beginning of April. Didn't hear back until beginning of May (but I think I applied really early in their application acceptance period). Once the ball got rolling in May, it was an interview a week until acceptance and paperwork wrap up at the beginning of June.

Interview Questions

• How do you know what kind of data to use when performing statistical analyses? (Can't remember the exact wording, but it was essentially this.)   1 Answer

Negotiation

The recruiter advised me not to negotiate because the offer technically comes off the table (and they can still effectively reject you). I had no qualms with just flat out accepting their offer, though, because it ended up being higher than anticipated. And they ended up paying me through some requested vacation days.