Allstate Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 2, 2017

2.8

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Met recruiter at a career fair and handed them my resume. Got an email some weeks later to schedule a phone interview with one of the hiring managers. Really quick process.

Interview Questions

• Purely behavioral, just went through my resume in detail.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Allstate

Intern Interview

Interview

interview through career fair and then a telephone callThey ask the normal questions in an interview, mostly about yourself.You will then be contacted if you pass this for an in person interview. At this interview you will meet with the hiring manager and another manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Allstate (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

phone recording to screen potential interns to be later reviewed by the hiring manager. The phone interview was very hard to hear and I had perfect reception and I had to listen a few different times to try and understand the question they were asking.

Anonymous Employee in Murrieta, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Allstate (Murrieta, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Behavioral questions. Asks about your job experience. Likes to see that your personable.
    Look up what head agent you'll be under to get a feel for what they want. Do some background knowledge on insurance. I didn't need any but it'll help. Be willing to be trained into a hirer position.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Pre screen interview over the phone followed by more in depth video chat interview. The In depth interview was done with my eventual manager and one of her direct reports

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allstate (Champaign, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I was invited to a face to face interview with college recruiters after a college career fair. The interview was pretty standard object oriented programming questions. I felt it went well. They said I would have a phone interview with HR the next week and then hear back within 2 weeks. Both of those statements turned out to be lies. I finally was rejected 2 and a half months later.

Interview Questions

• What are the 4 pillars of object oriented programming? How do you access a table in SQL?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hudson, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Allstate (Hudson, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

Interviewers did not seem prepared. The first interviewer read from a packet and seemed to lack confidence. The second was a very open-ended conversation, but she said she couldn't tell me much about my expected responsibilities or what the department looked for in a candidate because they were inexperienced in the interview process, and had never before hired an intern. I quickly ran out of questions. The overall experience was awkward.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Starts out with a pre-screen phone call to get to know you more and go over a resume. Then there are a series of phone interviews, basic questions asking you to describe situations. Interviewers very nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Why I chose All-State if it is in the suburbs and sells insurance?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Allstate (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Talked to them at career fair. They established interest in me and invited me to an on campus interview the next day. Met them and they asked lots of technical/behavioral questions and even had to write code on a whiteboard. Lots of specific questions relating to Object Oriented Programming. Abstract Class vs. Interface etc.

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

Initial communication was with an officer in my area, through him the position became available and I was given a link to apply online by a recruiter. I emailed several times with her before conducting a phone-screen interview. I made clear my interview requirements, which needed to be after the school semester was over, and Allstate was more than accommodating. On my interview day I was taken to my area by the intern lead where I interviewed with 5 senior-level directors in my department to determine which team would provide the best mutual fit.

Interview Questions

• My interviews served less of a case study and more of "tell me about yourself" conversations to determine best fit. The most difficult part was thinking on the spot to tie my experiences into the different teams whose responsibilities were unknown to me prior.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation as this was the position I was seeking