Allstate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Allstate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.8

429 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Typical first technical assessment screen call. 30 min, STAR format with several people.
    Job location was mis-communicated, could have saved half an hour if the hiring manager and HR rep were on the same page.

Interview Questions

• Typical tell us about a time etc etc.. difficult customer/how you prioritize time-tasks/tell us about a weakness...   Answer Question

Junior Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Pre-recorded phone interview. Received an email with a url leading to a page to enter phone number. Received a phone call within a minute with around 5-10 pre-recorded questions, some of which were very short, while others were longer.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell us about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Describe your most recent data science project. What was it about? What data sets did you use? What conclusions did you draw?   Answer Question

IT Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate (Charlotte, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

HR recruiters do not inform you of progress along the way in their interview process. When you try to reach out to your recruiter, you get no response. Then when asking about salary requirements to better understand if you are qualified, there is no response.

After setting up an interview, they change it the day of from phone to in person, never taking into account you actually may be working. Had to submit a writing sample, and waited....no response from recruiter to confirm they received my writing sample. Received the standard email response, you were not selected to go forward.

Casualty Claims Adjuster Interview

Interview

They use the STAR interview process. The interview was alright. It seemed, forced on their end. There were 3 interviewing me; around a table. They didn't seem to want to be there. They asked the usual STAR type questions. Tell me a time...how would handle, etc. The interview started with some office style banter of a a story; they're so busy, weren't planning on doing an interview, usual person that conducts interviews is out.
    I almost felt like telling them; I didn't schedule the interview, way to make me feel welcome and I value my time, please stop wasting it.
    I left knowing I would not be extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to work with someone you didn't like. How did you overcome that obstacle?   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate in June 2017.

Interview

The HR was kind of not knowing what time to call. He gave me a time of 10:30 and gave me a call at 8:30. It was not a good experience. He checked some of the points and said we are not hiring because of a particular reason not because anything was missing in my resume.

Inside Property Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate (Brooklyn, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

1.) Apply for a job in Brooklyn someone from Chicago scheduled a phone interview, past that.
    2) gotta take a damn test after passed that.
    3) went to downtown Brooklyn for the in person interview.

Persons who suppose to do the interview wasn't there, I was interviewed by 2 kids fresh out of school of something. Interveiw went by well untill at the end they made me do phone role play. That completely messed me up. First of all the phone volume was too low so i was like "can you repeat that one more time" , 'What", "say it one more time please" the whole time on the role play.

this is a huge waste of time they got like 9 applicants for one opening and they said they got another 9 next week, ridiculous.

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Allstate (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

After I applied to their career website, I got an fifteen-minute interview with HR first. Three weeks later, I got the second interview, taking around one hour, with their data engineer and data scientist.

Interview Questions

• three logic questions and describe how to implement them by coding   Answer Question

Procurement Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate in May 2017.

Interview

Submitted online application. Was contacted by HR for phone screen. Then video interview scheduled with hiring manager. Was a complete waste of time and HR did not respond to my questions. Prior to the interview I had already been rejected for the role according to the applicant tracking system. One of the interviewers did not show up. The hiring manager was not able to use the video technology so it turned into a phone interview. HR did not respond to my questions as to why I was being interviewed after being rejected. The original role disappeared from job postings. Overall a very poor candidate experience. They need to significantly improve candidate experience if they expect to hire top talent.

Benefits Consultant Interview

Application

I interviewed at Allstate in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn messenger about participating in a phone interview, approximately three weeks after submitting my application. I replied back to furnish my availability as requested. A week later, when I had not heard anything, I sent a follow-up message. I was told the RSM was out sick and someone would be reaching out in the next few days.

Two weeks later, when I had not been contacted yet, I sent another follow-up note to say I was still interested in the position and I was waiting to be scheduled for a phone screen. Three full business days later, I still have not received a reply.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Very poor and unprofessional.
    They found me on Linkedin and sent me a job position and I was interested. I talked to the HR guy and then no reply for a week. Then he made me talk to a team member. The interview went well but I got feedback that they would like to consider me for another position which was very junior. I talked to another HR person and she disappeared for 2 weeks after that. Then I heard from them that they already filled the role.

Very poor and wasted my time.