Allstate Claims Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Allstate Claims Representative Interview Questions

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate (Basking Ridge, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

Received email setting up phone interview. Completed phone interview, was then sent an online test and was told that, if I passed, I would move on to an in-person interview. I passed the test, was contacted by a 2nd recruiter via email and was asked to give her a day/time that I was available in the next two weeks to meet in person with the manager. I promptly gave her my available dates. When a week went by with no response, I emailed her. I then received an email from the 1st recruiter telling me that the second email was a "mistake" and that they had already offered the job to someone else. VERY unprofessional. My opinion of Allstate went WAY down.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Nashville, TN) in October 2015.

Interview

I went in for a claim representative job in BI. I was interviewed for a fire property job. I believe there was a mix up and I was rushed through and had to stop the interviewer to shake hands.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time you had a disagreement with a coworker.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Interview was at a local level with claims manager and one other person. Most of the questions were from a list of standard questions provided by corporate. One of the interviewers was essentially taking transacription of every word I said and there was no back-and-forth conversation. He asked questions and I provided answers.

Interview Questions

• There was no one particular question as they were all essentially variations on the theme "tell us about a challenging situation at work and how you handled it".   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Excellent,,,no problems,,,very freiendly

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Horsham, PA).

Interview

Applied online at www.allstate.com,received a confirmation email, a few days later i got an email to take a test ,i took the test and passed than igot another email stating that i passed and was told to reply with my availability for the week so they can set up a phone interview after i did that and a recruiter contacted me to on the scheduled date and time and ask about 3 questions ...tell me about a time when u had to help a customer (these type of questions ) after that she invited me to do a face to face interview,i went to the interview and i think everything went well it was 2 people in the room during the interview one writing and one asking questions. i was in the interview for over an hour i was sure they liked me. after that i have been waiting for the recruiter to tell me the next step i've called and sent emails once a week anyway after one month of waiting someone else got the job

Interview Questions

• Give me a time where u went above and beyond for a customer and did you get any recognition   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Allstate (Birmingham, AL) in August 2012.

Interview

I was first e-mailed to set up phone interview, after that online assessment, then face to face interview. I was interviewed by team leader and then her manager. Team leader asked me these situational questions for an hour. Her manager was brief, about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions in face to face were difficult. They were all situational. Don't know what they were looking for.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hudson, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Allstate (Hudson, OH).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter the following day by email to set up a phone interview. I had the phone interview and it was very simple. The recruiter was very nice and professional. He asked me questions like " Tell me a time you went above and beyond for a customer" and " Tell me about a time you had to think outside the box".

After the interview he told me he would be sending me an online assessment. The assessment was a personality/customer service test. It was very straightforward. About fifteen minutes after I took the test I got an email saying I passed and I would receive a call from my recruiter regarding the next step.

The recruiter called me the next morning and set up an in person interview. The in person interview was very informative. I met with two of the department managers first. They went over the job in detail and then asked me a couple questions. Some of the questions were to tell them about a time that I had to deal with an angry customer and to tell them about a time that I had to adjust to a major change. After that, I went and sat with an employee and watched him do the job. I sat there for about half an hour and was then sent to met with the head manager of the floor. He asked me "Why Allstate" and what I was looking for in a career. He then walked me out and told me I would hear from them in 5-6 days.

Two hours later I received a phone call offering me the position contingent on my drug and background screen.

Overall it was a very straightforward and enjoyable interview process. I was kept informed of my progress every step of the way.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you went above and beyond for a customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. This is an entry level position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Charlotte, NC) in July 2012.

Interview

Applied on a Monday, received call from hiring manager Wednesday, over the phone interview and online assessment on Friday, was asked to drive hundreds of mile for face to face interview, interviewees were lower level employees, said would let me know if have the job in 1 week, took 2 weeks, said that i did not get the job because i didn't qualify (i have tons of experience in this field and I was dressed better than their current employees and managers)..I've never gotten turned down before by any company after having a face-to-face interview, until Allstate..

Interview Questions

• Asked the same questions at least 3 times   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Allstate in March 2012.

Interview

Very relaxed , conversational interview

Negotiation

There was'nt one

Claim Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate in December 2011.

Interview

I applied for the job in the morning and was called back by a recruiter at the end of the day at about 5:30pm. I was out running and so missed the call. I returned the call first thing the next morning, and was surprised that it was a short phone interview where I was asked a couple behavioral questions and other questions about my background. One of them was "tell me about a time when you had conflicting priorities and how did you identify which task to complete first." I can't remember the other one but it was a customer service related question and how I handled a situation. A few days later I received a link via email to an online assessment where they test some cognitive skills and asked questions with multiple choice responses like "completely agree, somewhat agree" etc. The test was not hard, but it was more complex than others I have taken. I immediately received a confirmation that I had passed and was moving on to the next phase. I then received an email asking to identify when in the next week I would be available for a face to face interview. This was within a couple days of the assessment, probably Thursday or Friday. I interviewed at the claims office the following Wednesday with two claims managers. They asked 4 behavioral type questions about customer service like tell me about a time when you had an angry customer, tell me about a time when you had to establish a relationship with a customer, etc... We talked a bit about my past claims experience in a discussion format, rather than them reading questions off a page. Then the interview seemed to be wrapping up when one of them said they were going to step out and would be back in a couple minutes. They came back in and asked if I had time to sit with one of the reps for about 30 minutes for me to see how things work, so I said yes of course. I sat there for about 30 mins with a pretty nice guy who showed me a lot of things. I have a lot of experience in claims so we had a good discussion about how Allstate does things. Then one of the managers asked me if I had time to talk with his manager (the claims director I believe), so I talked with her and I felt it all went really well. I then waited for a week before I was called with a conditional job offer. The background was serious... I was asked to provide W2's as far back as 12 years ago for a job I had in college! I could not find all of them because my record keeping back then was not that great, but I think they just obviously just wanted to verify my employment history as I represented it on my resume, because the two I was able to find were sufficient and I passed the background.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had conflicting priorities and how you decided which task to handle first.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer I received was well more than I anticipated, so I did not negotiate.