Allstate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,073 Interview Reviews

2.7

Underwriting Associate II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hudson, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Hudson, OH) in October 2012.

Interview

Lengthy, harsh and very invasive. The make you jump through a lot of hoops with the same old questions. You tell the same story you have to other employers. If they don't like you, you can tell.

Frontline Performance Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chubbuck, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Chubbuck, ID) in February 2015.

Interview

Apply with resume and letter depicting why you are a match for the position. First, over-the-phone interview with HR, then scheduled in person interview with 2-3 managers and HR. Politics are definitely involved as seen by who hangs around together outside work and who gets selected. Very frustrating experience.

Interview Questions

• Approximately 10 questions in which they are seeking exact, correct answers that they want worded in a precise manner. If not worded and phrases not chosen as they seek, position will not be offered. Even if the information you provide is correct and states the same no they seek... phrasing is essential.   Answer Question

Claims Processing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Then I got a call to set up a phone interview. The phone interview went well. I had to do an online psych test, had a face-to-face with 2 people - 45 minutes - followed by a tour of office. I found all of the people involved very friendly and helpful.

Senior BI Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

I had a telephone interview for a Sr. Bi Adjuster position. I passed the first step and was told I had to take the dreaded on line exam. I passed it and received an e-mail from the recruiter stating that she will contact me to set up an interview. After 2 weeks I. Didn't hear back so I sent a follow up e-mail and I didn't get a response from the recruiter. I waited a week and sent another e-mail with the same results. Finally I received an e-mail from Allstate saying that I was not qualified for the position. What? I have over 15 years in the industry and I'm not qualified? So I e-mailed the recruited asking why I was never called, when I was told I would be, and you guessed it, no reply. This is very unprofessional.

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL).

Interview

The process took about 2 months. There were 3 rounds: the first was with HR, second was a very technical interview aimed to assess your problem solving skills, and the third was at the home office with 3 different interviewers (a mix of managers and analysts). There was math test during one of the one-on-one interviews, and a business case you had to reason through. It was a very rigorous interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• Asked what I would recommend to the CEO of an insurance company given some information about a few products.   Answer Question

Inside Total Loss Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Charlotte, NC) in September 2013.

Interview

It takes a LONG time beginning to end. First you are dealing with a recruiter out of your area generally and then eventually you have an interview where the job is actually located. It took over 2 weeks to get a response regarding the results and it was all done online. There was no real option to follow up with those you interviewed with. The most troubling aspect of the process for me was the actual job they were hiring for, did NOT match the job description that was advertised and discussed with the recruiter. I didn't know this until I had the face to face interview and the hiring manager started off by saying, "... you will be in front of the computer and on the phone all day long..." The job description posted on Indeed.com said quite the opposite. I was not qualified, nor interested, in the actual position they were looking for! The process wasted a great deal of my time.

Interview Questions

• Describe the steps that you took, in detail, to make an unpopular change in your workplace.   Answer Question

IT Graduate Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Allstate (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)).

Interview

Interview process was quite lengthy and did take a relative amount if time. First of all it was though submitting a CV took quite a while for a response but then an interview was arranged this was both scenario based and technical questions (they will grill you a bit technically wise) then received an email due to such a high volume of candidates and was invited to fill out an additional application.

Interview Questions

• Questions such as how have you dealt under pressure, did u face any difficulties when it came to doing Uni work is there any mark u gained u weren't satisfied with the difference between a class and an object what different types of testing are there   Answer Question

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Allstate in May 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter and was asked standard fair structured interview behavioral questions regarding previous customer service interactions. I was then told to go take a test online, and they let me know that I passed immediately. I was scheduled for an in-person interview three weeks later. I took that time to prepare like crazy.

Glassdoor is an excellent resource to use when attempting the grueling Allstate interview process; it is indeed necessary to absorb all of the interview material here to help with the hiring process for candidates. The interview was a good cop/bad cop, stress interview. The first interview was pleasant, and I got along with the interviewer very well. The second interview had the interviewer acting like a demanding customer who was kind of slow to understand what I was saying, and he would at times put words in my mouth, which I had to correct. I could not take notes concerning his questions during the interview, and they were pretty involved.

It was the toughest interview of my professional life, and when I was escorted back to the entrance of the office, I thought that there was no way I was going to get a job offer, yet lo and behold, two weeks later I was offered the position. I happily accepted it.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me a way that a project or program you made benefited or changed the way your work center did business.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a special project that you have worked on and what were the results?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as I was happy with the salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL) in February 2009.

Interview

Interviewed internally for an actuarial analyst position. HR was a positive, professional experience. Actuaries with whom I interviewed with were successful actuaries with normal-people personality skills. Nothing but professionalism in the interview on both sides. Easy to build rapport with analysts. Preparation was intense, and there were five interviewers (including during lunch with two prospective peers). A very rigorous experience. I would recommend people who can get into Pricing to work there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you uncovered an aberration or anomaly in data.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL) in May 2010.

Interview

First I had an on-campus interview at my university with two individuals.

Months later the one-day interview involved:

Breakfast with an individual
    A half hour "introduction" with another individual - basically a short interview
    Giving a 10-minute presentation to 5-6 people, with questions afterward
    2 1-hour interviews with 2 different people
    1-hour lunch with two people
    1 last 1-hour interview with one more person

Interview Questions

• If you have 8 ball, all of equal weight except for 1 that is lighter, how can you figure out which one is the lightest? You can only do two weighings on a balance scale.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you encountered a problem and how you solved it.   Answer Question