Allstate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,103 Interview Reviews

2.7

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Allstate (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

After I applied to their career website, I got an fifteen-minute interview with HR first. Three weeks later, I got the second interview, taking around one hour, with their data engineer and data scientist.

Interview Questions

• three logic questions and describe how to implement them by coding   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Typical first technical assessment screen call. 30 min, STAR format with several people.
    Job location was mis-communicated, could have saved half an hour if the hiring manager and HR rep were on the same page.

Interview Questions

• Typical tell us about a time etc etc.. difficult customer/how you prioritize time-tasks/tell us about a weakness...   Answer Question

Full Stack Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Allstate (Denver, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

There were three interviews, consisting of an in-person interview with a product manager and HR representative, a phone interview with the HR representative (mostly just to make sure you are able to move wherever they need you), and a screenshare coding interview with the department head.

Interview Questions

• Test Driven Development is an important thing to know for this interview.   Answer Question

Licensed Sales Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Allstate (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Had 3 interviews office manager and agency owners and another person basic questions focused on sales and commission very low compensation for a ton a work but good office environment and training was good

Cybersecurity Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Went through a couple rounds of interviews with the hiring manager, senior manager, then some peers. Some asked more technical questions than others but they all seemed to care mostly about if you had the right skills for the position in question. Everyone was pretty nice.

Interview Questions

• Mainly technical questions on cybersecurity; like what program runs on what port, what is patching, how would you handle this if that happens, ect.   Answer Question

Marketing Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate (Bridgewater, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

I came on with a contract form another company. The interview was quick and had simple questions. They were very nice but they talked a lot. As long as you keep smiling and nodding your head you will do great.

Interview Questions

• How come you have not found a job yet.   1 Answer

Entry Level Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Brooklyn, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied on 6/6/17 and the same day received an email for a phone interview that I had on the 9th. After the phone interview I was sent an email for a link for an assessment. I took the the assessment passed and received an email that I passed right away. I then got an email a few days later to set up a face to face interview. My face to face interview went well and I had to do a mock phone call after the phone call I was invited back for a second interview in which I shadowed two employees and then met with the regional manager for literally all of five minutes and then received an email a few days later asking for my social and I got a contingent job offer which would be official after I passed a drug and background check. I passed both and was hired on 7/7/17.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

phone interview first, then you are called in to speak with a manager, after which you get a call to let you that you either got the job or not

Litigation Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yonkers, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Yonkers, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got an email a few days later stating they want to schedule an interview. Went to the interview one week later, met with two lead counsel attorneys. They were friendly.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my employment history, reasons why I left my previous positions. Asked if I liked the work I do, do I plan on going to law school. What case load am I used to. At the end of the interview they switched to the STAR method questioning, which they made clear were questions from corporate and had to ask them, but honestly they didn't really care for the questions or my answers. They found out what they really wanted about me through their own questioning.   Answer Question

IT Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate (Charlotte, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

HR recruiters do not inform you of progress along the way in their interview process. When you try to reach out to your recruiter, you get no response. Then when asking about salary requirements to better understand if you are qualified, there is no response.

After setting up an interview, they change it the day of from phone to in person, never taking into account you actually may be working. Had to submit a writing sample, and waited....no response from recruiter to confirm they received my writing sample. Received the standard email response, you were not selected to go forward.