Allstate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,112 Interview Reviews

2.7

Litigation Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yonkers, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Yonkers, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got an email a few days later stating they want to schedule an interview. Went to the interview one week later, met with two lead counsel attorneys. They were friendly.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my employment history, reasons why I left my previous positions. Asked if I liked the work I do, do I plan on going to law school. What case load am I used to. At the end of the interview they switched to the STAR method questioning, which they made clear were questions from corporate and had to ask them, but honestly they didn't really care for the questions or my answers. They found out what they really wanted about me through their own questioning.   Answer Question

Casualty Claims Adjuster Interview

Interview

They use the STAR interview process. The interview was alright. It seemed, forced on their end. There were 3 interviewing me; around a table. They didn't seem to want to be there. They asked the usual STAR type questions. Tell me a time...how would handle, etc. The interview started with some office style banter of a a story; they're so busy, weren't planning on doing an interview, usual person that conducts interviews is out.
    I almost felt like telling them; I didn't schedule the interview, way to make me feel welcome and I value my time, please stop wasting it.
    I left knowing I would not be extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to work with someone you didn't like. How did you overcome that obstacle?   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate in June 2017.

Interview

The HR was kind of not knowing what time to call. He gave me a time of 10:30 and gave me a call at 8:30. It was not a good experience. He checked some of the points and said we are not hiring because of a particular reason not because anything was missing in my resume.

Inside Property Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate (Brooklyn, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

1.) Apply for a job in Brooklyn someone from Chicago scheduled a phone interview, past that.
    2) gotta take a damn test after passed that.
    3) went to downtown Brooklyn for the in person interview.

Persons who suppose to do the interview wasn't there, I was interviewed by 2 kids fresh out of school of something. Interveiw went by well untill at the end they made me do phone role play. That completely messed me up. First of all the phone volume was too low so i was like "can you repeat that one more time" , 'What", "say it one more time please" the whole time on the role play.

this is a huge waste of time they got like 9 applicants for one opening and they said they got another 9 next week, ridiculous.

Entry Level Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Brooklyn, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied on 6/6/17 and the same day received an email for a phone interview that I had on the 9th. After the phone interview I was sent an email for a link for an assessment. I took the the assessment passed and received an email that I passed right away. I then got an email a few days later to set up a face to face interview. My face to face interview went well and I had to do a mock phone call after the phone call I was invited back for a second interview in which I shadowed two employees and then met with the regional manager for literally all of five minutes and then received an email a few days later asking for my social and I got a contingent job offer which would be official after I passed a drug and background check. I passed both and was hired on 7/7/17.

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Allstate (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

After I applied to their career website, I got an fifteen-minute interview with HR first. Three weeks later, I got the second interview, taking around one hour, with their data engineer and data scientist.

Interview Questions

• three logic questions and describe how to implement them by coding   Answer Question

Claims Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Apply online then you will be contacted by someone from HR. You will then be ask to take a test that is required to get a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Interview are behavioral based questions. All leaders follow a list of questions for all interviews. In most cases there will be two leaders that will complete the interview. Then leaders will review the candidates   Answer Question

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate (Birmingham, AL) in May 2017.

Interview

I had an phone interview , then an assessment and then I just scheduled an in person. It was pretty easy. Just make sure you prepare for the star format.

Procurement Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate in May 2017.

Interview

Submitted online application. Was contacted by HR for phone screen. Then video interview scheduled with hiring manager. Was a complete waste of time and HR did not respond to my questions. Prior to the interview I had already been rejected for the role according to the applicant tracking system. One of the interviewers did not show up. The hiring manager was not able to use the video technology so it turned into a phone interview. HR did not respond to my questions as to why I was being interviewed after being rejected. The original role disappeared from job postings. Overall a very poor candidate experience. They need to significantly improve candidate experience if they expect to hire top talent.

Benefits Consultant Interview

Application

I interviewed at Allstate in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn messenger about participating in a phone interview, approximately three weeks after submitting my application. I replied back to furnish my availability as requested. A week later, when I had not heard anything, I sent a follow-up message. I was told the RSM was out sick and someone would be reaching out in the next few days.

Two weeks later, when I had not been contacted yet, I sent another follow-up note to say I was still interested in the position and I was waiting to be scheduled for a phone screen. Three full business days later, I still have not received a reply.