Allstate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 11, 2017
1,182 Interview Reviews

2.7

Private Investments Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate in October 2017.

Interview

Pretty easy. Just applied online and received an email a few days later scheduling a phone interview. The interview itself was very basic and the questions were very typical and straight forward.

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualified for the position? What are your strengths? How did you reach your decision to attend your college? Pretty basic questions. None of them were technical   Answer Question

Legal Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Allstate (Orlando, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to phone interview 2 days later. One day later I was invited for an in person interview. Within 3 days of interviewing I emailed with an offer to provide feedback form the interview which resulted in an offer.

Interview Questions

• What's your current relationship with clients and how do you maintain a good relationship?   1 Answer

Junior Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online on October 4th, then received a email around ten days later for a virtual phone interview. Went to that link, and enter your phone number, then I got a call which contains pre-recorded questions, like introduce yourself, your recent experience using data analytics skill to solve problems, start date, and location preference.

Interview Questions

• Describe a recent experience you utilize data and analytics skills to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Met recruiter at a career fair and handed them my resume. Got an email some weeks later to schedule a phone interview with one of the hiring managers. Really quick process.

Interview Questions

• Purely behavioral, just went through my resume in detail.   Answer Question

Data Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Allstate (Bothell, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

The first interview was a phone call with pre-recorded interview questions that you had to record your answers to. This was the only interview I got and I didn't really feel that it was a good way to test a persons skills/knowledge. Many questions were simple as well, such as what are your best languages in order?

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you used data analysis to solve a problem   Answer Question

Agile XP Developer - Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Tempe, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by third-party recruiter for this job. There was initial 1 hour non-technical interview with scrum lead / manager at Allstate.
    After that, second RPI (paired programming interview) was scheduled for 90 mins.
    The RPI lasted an hour and I thought it went pretty well. But got rejection the next morning. Recruiter said that I did not pass the assessment.
    The interview was done over Skype.
    I noticed that another interviewee shared similar experience where the interviewer even complimented on the answers but still the interviewee got rejected. I had the same experience. Not sure what the criteria is.

Interview Questions

• RPI was a simple Set implementation in Java using TDD. You have to implement the functionality of Set without using any collections. The interviewer will do the TDD and ask questions how to implement and pass the test cases.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Absurdly simple. Recruiters are amatuer. They have a lot of "senior" people more interested in protecting their jobs or their little kingdoms than actually doing the right thing. Having gotten a glimpse in to the way things are run there, not only have I lost interest in working there but there is no way I would buy insurance from them. Their operating expenses are going to be unnecessarily bloated from all of the waste, inefficiency, and ineptitude I saw. As for recruiting, it is not that difficult to make the recruiting process efficient, communicative, and human.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Allstate?   1 Answer

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Allstate (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Two phone interviews with two different managers then a in person interview with the manager that, if hired, you would be under. All of this for someone who already works for the company. I also had to take a skills and personality exam.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Allstate (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was an in person meeting on a college campus during an allotted time slot. There were two people interviewing for the position. I reached out post-interview thanking them for the opportunity to meet - they never updated me about the status of the position.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate in September 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview since I was out of state. I had about 8-10 behavioral questions.very typical questions. They did a really thorough job of explaining the process before and hand to let me know what they were looking for in my answers. They introduced themselves and told me about their experience and the job before going into the behavioral questions, it was a pretty standard and formal interview. They made it very comfortable though. After the behavioral questions, I had time to ask them questions. The interview lasted a little over an hour. It went well I did not get offered the job I applied for, but was offered a follow up interview for another position, which I accepted. That interview was also behaviorial, but with fewer questions, about 3. Each interview consisted of two managers interviewing me on the phone. They were all very pleasant and very nice to work with. They were very informative, the recruiter was extremely helpful and nice as well. All around an extremely positive experience.

Interview Questions

• In simplified terms, they asked me: Tell me about a time when....

1) you had a difficult customer