Allstate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2017
1,063 Interview Reviews

2.7

Inside Liability Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Applied on line, had a 15 minute telephone interview and then online assessment. Via email I was told that I passed the assessment. Received an email stating the position was filled or no longer available even though they are still adverting the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went out of your way to satisfy a customer.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

3 30-minute behavioral interviews-- one with a VP. Very informal setting, all 3 of the interviews were very conversational and organic (i.e. the interview went wherever the conversation led us).

Interview Questions

• -Why insurance?
      -Why Allstate?
      -Walk me through your resume/elevator pitch
      -Be familiar with all aspects of your resume-- in all 3 interviews, a significant amount of time was spent on one specific project/job experience from my CV.
      Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I got contacted by a recruiter via email to schedule the firsr phone interview. The recruiter asked for the times I am available and I sent the information. The recruiter replied with an email saying she will call me on Wednesday 12/8, well Wednesday was actually 12/7, so I replied to her to get a clarification but she didn't reply back. I thought should would call either Wednesday or Thursday, so I waited Wednesday for her call and she didnt call, so I figured she would call on Thursday, I also waited for her call on Thursday and she didn't call. I called her number after the interview to ask about what happened she didn't pick so I left a voice mail and sent an email asking what was wrong and if she needed to reschedule. Haven't heard from her since then.

It was a very unprofessional experience on Allstate part. What company acts like this in their interviews. I guess I am glad that things went this way because I am not sure if working for such a company is a good idea.

Junior Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

First phone call was with a recruiter, the next call was a conference call with two other data scientists. The next step would have been an on-site interview but I did not make it to that step.

Interview Questions

• If a jar has X red balls and Y blue balls, what is the minimum number of draws that is necessary to ensure that you have one ball of each color?   1 Answer

Liability Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

First is a phone interview. If you pass that you get to take on online personality test. If you pass that next is the in person interview. I was scheduled to for an in person interview but they hired someone else and cancelled my interview before ever meeting me.

Underwriting/Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Irving, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, then I was emailed to complete a montage voice recording interview, I passed that, then was emailed for a online assessment, then received a phone call from the recruiter stating that I passed the assessment, and was scheduled for a in person interview, which transpired the following week. Waiting on a response and was told I would hear something either way within 3-5 days

Interview Questions

• If I could change how I handled a situation in the past   1 Answer

Agile XP Developer - Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online, then contacted by a recruiter, and followed by a short phone interview. I was invited to an onsite interview at their Northbrook, IL campus. The interview lasted for about one hour, basically a paired programming test using TDD to solve a simple Set problem. I was complimented by interviewer for a good job, but I did not get the job.

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Allstate (Beverly, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

After seeing job posting on a job board, I called the location. The manager asked a few screening questions, then set me up to come in and take an assessment. It's useful to have your resume, you'll need to create a profile. The assessment consisted of multiple choice personality test, problem solving and short answer. My scores were satisfactory so I was then asked to fill out job application and then scheduled for an interview later that week.

Interview Questions

Job was initially misrepresented. It listed a base salary of $35-$40k, but was much less w/o commissions. They also said paid training, which was false but the manager tried to sell me on teaching me everything she knew free of charge. If you want your business to succeed you should invest in your team. With every job I've had they had free on the job training, YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO! Ad also mentioned health benefits, none were offered. 401k after one year, and nearly no days off! However, it was an enlightening experience but I don't feel like you should have to sell me a job, I should be selling myself to the company

Java Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online, a recruiter contacted me and asked me to have my first round of interview which was recorded HR questions on the phone. The second round was a 1 hour phone interview, half HR and half technical. HR question were consisted of situational, behavioral and team work questions. The technical part consisted of questions about oop concepts, collections API in java, SQL, and JDBC. Two days after this interview, I was contacted for another technical interview
    In this Skype interview, the interviewer was not aware of the job and the location I was interviewing for. He started with asking me completely different question in another programming language for another opening in Charlotte. I have applied for 'entry level java developer' position in Irving, TX and I had all the requirements for the job, he excepted me to know another programming language, TDD, Agile and pair programming. He shared a screen and I did not know anything about the language he asked me. I had to write questions in a paper and translate it to the language that I know and give the answer to the interviewer. Even though I answered all the questions, the interviewer excepted me to know pair programming.

I was not familiar with pair programming before, and when I looked over job openings in Charlotte I realized that the interview was for another opening which was in Charlotte as 'senior agile software developer'. I am confident that I had all the requirements for the job that I have applied for and I passed technical part for that on the round second.

Please inform candidates when you want them to have interview for another position that they did not applied for.

Catastrophe Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate in January 2017.

Interview

HR emailed me and asked to set up a phone interview, then after that interview happened, about a week later I was asked to set up another phone interview with the hiring manager.