Allstate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,103 Interview Reviews

2.7

Claims Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2017.

Interview

Steps are detailed below:

1. Applied online (2/14/17)
    2. Received an email for a montage phone interview. Interview was a computer asking questions about customer service. Be extra friendly. (2/16/17)
    3. Passed that, then received an email for the assessment. This is your normal assessment, like for an job. (2/16/17)
    4. Passed the assessment and was scheduled for a in-person interview. (2/17/17)
    5. Interview was scheduled for 90 minutes. 10 mins of job overview, 30-45 mins of shadowing, 30-45 mins of interviewing. Interview was fun and relaxed. They are basically trying to see if Allstate and you are a good fit for each other. (2/21/17)
    6. Received an email that I passed the interview on (2/23/17). Received a contingency job offer pending background and drug screen results.
    7. Submitted background and drug screen on (2/2317)
    8. Received an email today (3/4/17) that my background was complete.
    9. Now just waiting on my FINAL job offer from the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?
      Tell me a time when you had to deal with an upset customer?
      Tell me about your previous jobs?
      Why do you think you would be a good fit here?

Interview was scheduled for 30-45 mins. Mine lasted a little over an hour.   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Allstate (Chantilly, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me first and set up a phone interview with the department manager. The phone interview went well and I was brought in for an in person interview. I was offered the position within a week

Interview Questions

• How would you handle yourself in blank situation with angry/needy type A people   Answer Question
    • How do you communicate? Directly or indirectly.   Answer Question

Senior Claims Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Roseville, CA).

Interview

If you are lucky to get one of the good recruiters you will get a call for a phone interview. If you pass you will then be asked to do an online assessment. You will then be contacted if you pass this for an in person interview. At this interview you will meet with the hiring manager and another manager. They will ask the normal questions in an interview, mostly they are looking to see if you will fit with the team. Later on they started taking back onto the floor and sit with others that do the work you are interviewing for and to give you one on one time with an employee without the managers to ask questions and spend about 30 min to an hour with them before coming back and closing up the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience level with Microsoft Windows and Office?   Answer Question

Inside Liability Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Applied on line, had a 15 minute telephone interview and then online assessment. Via email I was told that I passed the assessment. Received an email stating the position was filled or no longer available even though they are still adverting the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went out of your way to satisfy a customer.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

3 30-minute behavioral interviews-- one with a VP. Very informal setting, all 3 of the interviews were very conversational and organic (i.e. the interview went wherever the conversation led us).

Interview Questions

• -Why insurance?
      -Why Allstate?
      -Walk me through your resume/elevator pitch
      -Be familiar with all aspects of your resume-- in all 3 interviews, a significant amount of time was spent on one specific project/job experience from my CV.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I got contacted by a recruiter via email to schedule the firsr phone interview. The recruiter asked for the times I am available and I sent the information. The recruiter replied with an email saying she will call me on Wednesday 12/8, well Wednesday was actually 12/7, so I replied to her to get a clarification but she didn't reply back. I thought should would call either Wednesday or Thursday, so I waited Wednesday for her call and she didnt call, so I figured she would call on Thursday, I also waited for her call on Thursday and she didn't call. I called her number after the interview to ask about what happened she didn't pick so I left a voice mail and sent an email asking what was wrong and if she needed to reschedule. Haven't heard from her since then.

It was a very unprofessional experience on Allstate part. What company acts like this in their interviews. I guess I am glad that things went this way because I am not sure if working for such a company is a good idea.

Junior Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

First phone call was with a recruiter, the next call was a conference call with two other data scientists. The next step would have been an on-site interview but I did not make it to that step.

Interview Questions

• If a jar has X red balls and Y blue balls, what is the minimum number of draws that is necessary to ensure that you have one ball of each color?   1 Answer

Liability Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

First is a phone interview. If you pass that you get to take on online personality test. If you pass that next is the in person interview. I was scheduled to for an in person interview but they hired someone else and cancelled my interview before ever meeting me.

Underwriting/Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Irving, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, then I was emailed to complete a montage voice recording interview, I passed that, then was emailed for a online assessment, then received a phone call from the recruiter stating that I passed the assessment, and was scheduled for a in person interview, which transpired the following week. Waiting on a response and was told I would hear something either way within 3-5 days

Interview Questions

• If I could change how I handled a situation in the past   1 Answer

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Allstate (Beverly, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

After seeing job posting on a job board, I called the location. The manager asked a few screening questions, then set me up to come in and take an assessment. It's useful to have your resume, you'll need to create a profile. The assessment consisted of multiple choice personality test, problem solving and short answer. My scores were satisfactory so I was then asked to fill out job application and then scheduled for an interview later that week.

Interview Questions

Job was initially misrepresented. It listed a base salary of $35-$40k, but was much less w/o commissions. They also said paid training, which was false but the manager tried to sell me on teaching me everything she knew free of charge. If you want your business to succeed you should invest in your team. With every job I've had they had free on the job training, YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO! Ad also mentioned health benefits, none were offered. 401k after one year, and nearly no days off! However, it was an enlightening experience but I don't feel like you should have to sell me a job, I should be selling myself to the company