Allstate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,181 Interview Reviews

2.7

Inside Property Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate (Brooklyn, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

1.) Apply for a job in Brooklyn someone from Chicago scheduled a phone interview, past that.
    2) gotta take a damn test after passed that.
    3) went to downtown Brooklyn for the in person interview.

Persons who suppose to do the interview wasn't there, I was interviewed by 2 kids fresh out of school of something. Interveiw went by well untill at the end they made me do phone role play. That completely messed me up. First of all the phone volume was too low so i was like "can you repeat that one more time" , 'What", "say it one more time please" the whole time on the role play.

this is a huge waste of time they got like 9 applicants for one opening and they said they got another 9 next week, ridiculous.

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Allstate (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

After I applied to their career website, I got an fifteen-minute interview with HR first. Three weeks later, I got the second interview, taking around one hour, with their data engineer and data scientist.

Interview Questions

• three logic questions and describe how to implement them by coding   Answer Question

Claims Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Apply online then you will be contacted by someone from HR. You will then be ask to take a test that is required to get a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Interview are behavioral based questions. All leaders follow a list of questions for all interviews. In most cases there will be two leaders that will complete the interview. Then leaders will review the candidates   Answer Question

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate (Birmingham, AL) in May 2017.

Interview

I had an phone interview , then an assessment and then I just scheduled an in person. It was pretty easy. Just make sure you prepare for the star format.

Procurement Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate in May 2017.

Interview

Submitted online application. Was contacted by HR for phone screen. Then video interview scheduled with hiring manager. Was a complete waste of time and HR did not respond to my questions. Prior to the interview I had already been rejected for the role according to the applicant tracking system. One of the interviewers did not show up. The hiring manager was not able to use the video technology so it turned into a phone interview. HR did not respond to my questions as to why I was being interviewed after being rejected. The original role disappeared from job postings. Overall a very poor candidate experience. They need to significantly improve candidate experience if they expect to hire top talent.

Benefits Consultant Interview

Application

I interviewed at Allstate in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn messenger about participating in a phone interview, approximately three weeks after submitting my application. I replied back to furnish my availability as requested. A week later, when I had not heard anything, I sent a follow-up message. I was told the RSM was out sick and someone would be reaching out in the next few days.

Two weeks later, when I had not been contacted yet, I sent another follow-up note to say I was still interested in the position and I was waiting to be scheduled for a phone screen. Three full business days later, I still have not received a reply.

Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate (Fairfax, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

The process was simple enough. They asked basic questions about why I chose this as my new career path. I have been in the restaurant industry for years and wanted to get away from that area and wanted the "normal" 9-5 desk job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to become an agent?   1 Answer

Marketing Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate (Bridgewater, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

I came on with a contract form another company. The interview was quick and had simple questions. They were very nice but they talked a lot. As long as you keep smiling and nodding your head you will do great.

Interview Questions

• How come you have not found a job yet.   1 Answer

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Went in to Home Office in Northbrook, IL. Sat down with manager and went over resume. Explained implementation details of projects I had done. Talked about what I was looking for in the internship, what I was interested in, etc.

Interview Questions

• Can you walk me step-by-step through the algorithm you used to solve this problem?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Very poor and unprofessional.
    They found me on Linkedin and sent me a job position and I was interested. I talked to the HR guy and then no reply for a week. Then he made me talk to a team member. The interview went well but I got feedback that they would like to consider me for another position which was very junior. I talked to another HR person and she disappeared for 2 weeks after that. Then I heard from them that they already filled the role.

Very poor and wasted my time.