Allstate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2017
1,063 Interview Reviews

2.7

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Applied online, and got a phone interview two weeks later. The person I spoke to was very kind, and told me about them self and about the job before getting into the interview questions. If you were well-prepared and read the job description, interview was very straight-forward. About two and a half weeks later I got an in-person 4 hour interview, with several interviewers, panel-style. Every interviewer was very pleasant to talk to. Some tough questions were asked, but I think I managed to end each conversation on a positive note.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time where you improved a process, and tell me the steps you took.
      Q: Describe a situation where you did not follow protocol, but you instead used your best judgement.
      Q: Describe a project you undertook, in which you benefitted from taking a lot of time planning and using set timeframes. Describe your process and how it benefitted you.
      Q: What do you think makes a good work environment?
      Answer Question

Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Matawan, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Matawan, NJ).

Interview

Phone interview 3 times. Basic questions this was done over a 6 month period 3 time I was called out of blue after being ejected a follow up interview on last two positions

Interview Questions

• Above and beyond customer service   1 Answer
    • Behaviour related.   Answer Question
    • If you had to describe the interview process we have presented you please elaborate   1 Answer

Entry Level Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Charlotte, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

I had a automated phone interview. The next week i was emailed an assesment. After the assesment I had a face to face interview with two managers. The interview was easy; 3 behavioral questions. Then I was sent an email to update my application; Im guessing for a small back ground check. Later that week i was called and offered the position

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Because of it being a Entry Level position I was not able to Negotiate

Inside Liability Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suffern, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Allstate (Suffern, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

i applied and got the phone interview a day later. Then passed the phone interview. Then did the assessment which was easy and then got an in person interview a few days later.

Med Pay Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Allstate (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I received an email stating I needed to complete a montage phone interview that consisted of prerecorded questions and that I had to record my responses. The questions asked were basic questions on experience, feelings about salary, and previous work related scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to ask a lot of question to solve an internal or external customers problem. Be detailed.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Allstate in September 2016.

Interview

Generally the whole process went well. I was a little nervous but glad I could adjust well. One person didn't pay attention while I was answering/talking. I don't know what happened.

Legal Assistant/Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Allstate (Rancho Cordova, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was arranged through a temp agency for a 4-5 week assignment, possibly longer if the staff did not return from disability. Interviewer was a litigation attorney. The position was 40 hours per week. Interviewer described case load and job description and expectations.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got interview call after 4 weeks. The interview was for 2.5 hours, mostly behavioural and less technical. After that it took 1 more week to get the confirmation and 2 weeks for background verification process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate. Was offered good pay

Liability Determination Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Allstate in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process started off very quick! I applied online, and then 2 days later I received and email from a recruiter to complete a automated phone interview. I completed that, and a few hours later was asked to complete an assessment. I found out I passed the assessment that same day. Now its been over a week, and I'm hoping to get contacted by a recruiter for a face-to-face interview but we'll see.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Senior Claims Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coconut Creek, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Coconut Creek, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral link online. I was scheduled for a phone interview, where they verified some answers from my application, asked my salary expectations and two behavioral questions. The next step was the online behavioral assessment, which I passed, but before I could be scheduled for a face to face interview, someone else was hired.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   1 Answer