Allstate Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Allstate Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions

2.2

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Very slow process. Interviews were easy, but it took a long time to hear back between interviews. If I didn't email the recruiter back I don't think it would have moved as fast as it did. I would think that they are missing out on candidates because of how long the process takes. It is ridiculous.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Allstate

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview with the Senior Manager and then there was an in person 1 on 1 interview with 3 Senior Managers. They were all one one face to face which was anew format for me.

Interview Questions

• Why Allstate
      What experience do you have that prepares you for this position
      Where do you see yourself in a year
      What type of financial software have you used in the past
      How do you deal with people who you have conflicted with or are difficult to work with   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL).

Interview

Pre-Screen thru email. With understandable questions relates to the job skills and behavioral skills relate to you pass position and what can you offer for the new position.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Company called almost immediately after I posted for position. Interview set-up was equally swift. Hiring manager was personable and didn't ask the usual questions, such as: tell me about yourself, where do you expect to be in 5 yrs etc. Instead he focused on skill sets such as SAP experience, excel, PowerPoint; asked me about my presentation skills and comfort with making presentations to upper mgt. The upshot: the interview went well, the hiring mgr turned me over to a colleague/fellow mgr to get their opinion. This individual asked questions about skills, a time in which I had to overcome a challenge, etc. More traditional interview. Four days after the interview, received an email indicating that the position had been filled and thanking me for my time. Final Update: found out the person selected for the position was less experienced, with no SAP experience. Also did research on hiring mgr, found out this individual was on downward trajectory in their career: decade as a sr mgr, currently in a non-sr mgt role at same company, etc. My not getting job may have been for totally different reasons than what I suspect, but my suspicion is, hiring mgr didn't want anyone too strong in the role.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate in September 2007.

Interview

By the time I heard back from their HR department (which is outsourced somewhere) I had forgotten what position I had applied for. It had been at least a full month since I had applied. Then there was a phone interview, after which I scheduled an interview for the next week. Before the interview, I was told there would be a background check conducted on me and I had to go in for a drug test. My first interview was with a panel of 3 managers, and was asked back the following week. I returned for the final interview with another manager. About a week after that interview, I received a call with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Illustrate the most unexpected situation in which you found yourself, or for which you were unprepared. What was the situation; why were you surprised or unprepared? How did you resolve the situation and what was the result?   Answer Question
    • Provide your best example of a time when you used your business relationships or network to obtain something you wanted.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I always go with the classic negotiation technique of "never take the first offer". If you don't have something specific in mind, "I was hoping for a little more" always suffices.