Ally Financial Interview Questions in Charlotte, NC | Glassdoor

2.9

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Strategic Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ally Financial (Charlotte, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Multiple Director or above leaders. 1hr a piece, reviewing relevant work history, success stories and growth opportunities - future planning. We discussed scenario based situations and how they would be handled. What did I know about the company already and thoughts on expanding the skills at hand to accomplish the tasks.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach a complex Project Portfolio with several differing methodologies   1 Answer

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ally Financial (Charlotte, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. The interview was with two former participants of the internship. The onsite interview process was very relaxed. Met with three members of the supply chain team. That consisted of three thirty-minute block interviews. Was asked behavioral questions based on Ally's values.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a conflict and what you did to resolve it.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ally Financial (Charlotte, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

Unfortunately, there is no option to say an offer was promised multiple times and then the role was cancelled...my advice would be to get confirmation whatever role you are interviewing for has budgetary approval - unless you aren't up against a timeline. Up until the outcome, I had a favorable opinion of the company.

I was contacted through an external recruiter for this role. Long story short, I've been searching for the right role for a number of months and interestingly enough had 5 different options in process during this timeframe. Salary expectations were confirmed up front, but dispositioned as somewhat negotiable.

There was an initial phone interview with the hiring mgr. and then another phone interview about 2 weeks later with a sr. team member located in another state. The final in-person with the hiring manager was 2 weeks later on a Friday afternoon.

I had determined 2 of the 5 to not be a good fit at that point, but had two others that I considered a very close second with Ally being first choice for my preferred career path. My recruiter, the Ally recruiter, and the hiring manager were fully aware - I verbally told each.

I was contacted by my recruiter the following Monday and told that they were confirming my salary requirements and to expect an offer. This went on...I had multiple verbal confirmations originating with the Ally recruiter, and my recruiter was kind enough to forward emails he received confirming an offer was coming. In the end, two weeks later, my recruiter contacted me to say they were not going to be extending an offer because they didn't get comp approval and were moving the role to contract.

Different situations, but neither other role I had been pursuing was on the table by that time - not the case two weeks prior.

Interview Questions

• I honestly don't remember aside from some skills specific questions. Nothing outside of my expectations and nothing particularly difficult. I enjoyed the interviews and felt they gave both sides an accurate sense of who the employer and candidate were in a way they could both determine potential fit - unfortunately, the fit was for an unapproved role.   Answer Question

Senior Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ally Financial (Charlotte, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

Had a brief call with a recruiter, was given a coding challenge to complete in 5 days. I given a Photoshop file and some guidelines, then I was required to build a fully-functional web page without frameworks. I was required to host it online and host the code on github.com.

Interview Questions

• Was given a Photoshop file and some guidelines, then I was required to build a fully-functional web page and host it for review.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ally Financial (Charlotte, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

Ally came to my university, I was then encouraged to apply online. After submitting my application I had a 15 minute phone interview. The recruiter then recommended me to Super Day. This is a series of interviews. I had 3, mostly filled with behavioral questions.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ally Financial (Charlotte, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

Had a short phone screen then went in for an in face with three people. It was good with the first interviewer, the second interviewer seemed to be interested in other topics then the third interviewer did nto show up.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ally Financial (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I got a call for phone screen then hiring manager screened me asked me my experiences and how I would be a fit for the position. The lady was nice and sounded interested in me.

Interview Questions

• What my past experience was. How I felt about my skills and knowledge. It was get to know you questions   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ally Financial (Charlotte, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

Summer Intern finalists for the Charlotte office were invited to a Super Intern Day event. Each candidate met with three interviewers from the departments they were most interested in. This event took about 4 hours total.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to talk about a type of bond that I have studied in a finance course.   Answer Question

ECommerce Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ally Financial (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Interview by committee. When I was contacted by HR, I had an initial interview with them, that proceeded into a 3 part panel interview with parties from multiple disciplines. This appears to be the style at Ally. Interview by committee. There were not any praticularly hard, unusual, or unexpected questions. It was cordial and comprehensive, ranging from experience to matching corporate culture and styles for a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Are you sure you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

uncomfortable...they asked my starting salary, and later I found out that my peers were brough in, for the same basic job at a higher rate. That was adjusted after 6 months and my bringing that to their attention.

Release Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ally Financial (Charlotte, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

Three interviews, team interview included. After the second interview, I was surprised with the request for a team panel interview. The intent was to ensure of the belief of one being a got fit and asset to the company. Generic questions, in general nothing to difficult to respond to.