Ally Financial Interview Questions in Detroit, MI | Glassdoor

2.7

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Corporate Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ally Financial (Detroit, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

There were 2 30 minutes interview, one from a newly hired analyst and another from MD of operations. Very behavioral based. They will go in depth with the type of activities analysts will be doing.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite class?
      Least favorite class?
      Excel proficiency   Answer Question

Director, IT Program Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macomb, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ally Financial (Macomb, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

4 interviews to not end up with position seemed a little much. The phone interview and subsequent 2 interviews with people associated with the position were good. The last one seemed out of left field.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ally Financial (Detroit, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

I was given an HR Pre Screen. Then a phone interview and then an in person interview. Was talked about with the position and met a couple different people on the team. Questions were very HR oriented situational questions that were read off of a sheet. Interviewer had no idea about what they were looking for in this position and read off pre selected questions. The interview was also tip toe-y around what the position actually entailed. The position was described poorly, wasn't aware until after I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Ally Financial   1 Answer

Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ally Financial (Detroit, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through my University. There was one round of on-campus interview, and then I got an email asking me to come onsite for another interview with the tech team. This was back in November. Since the onsite interview, I haven't heard back despite emailing recruiters multiple times.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral stuff: How do you work under pressure?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ally Financial (Detroit, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

Met recruiter at career fair, and then applied online. I had a 20 minute phone screening with someone from HR and then was invited to a super day a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume, tell me about a time you failed, what are your strengths, etc. Very behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ally Financial (Detroit, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

The Early Talent will contact you for an interview with your hiring Manager. It's best to show your face if Ally comes to your school. Pass out your résumé, put a smile on your face, and get greedy. Don't take no for an answer.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years? It was more of a conversation.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ally Financial (Detroit, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online got a call from a recruiter for an onsite interview and later had two 1:1 interviews back to back they asked mostly behavioral questions and asked to rate your excel skills. It was not hard at all. Just make sure you go prepared.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ally Financial (Detroit, MI) in November 2015.

Interview

Had the typical networking session with recruiter, online application which led to a phone interview where itemized my resume and then talked some financial specifics on pretty basic metrics. Was a very pleasant experience. After that, had a super day where I was shuffled through 3 separate roles where they focused quite a bit on behavioral and general questions about "a time where you showed this or this". The interviewers were great listeners, actively asked follow ups that were not on script, and did their best to make the process as friendly and comfortable as possible!

Interview Questions

• Was not given which 3 units I would be interviewing with beforehand, so when asked why risk and compliance, very honestly had no clue where to begin.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ally Financial (Detroit, MI) in November 2014.

Interview

First i went to job fair at my university that i think was the hardest because you have to make a good impression in a short amount of time they get 100s of resumes. Two weeks after job fair got a call for phone interview which lasted about an hour, they asked why you want to work for this company, and any excel skills i had. Finally i got a call the next day for invitation to Ally super day where i interviewed with four different departments, everyone was really easy to talk to i was nervous but they made it a conversation rather than an interview after the first interview i wasn't nervous at all.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

i did not negotiate they told me how much it paid and i accepted.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ally Financial (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Received a phone call after submitting resume on university site and asked to attend interview day the same week. The interviews were conducted all on one day, consisting of four 30 minute interviews involving managers from different departments. There was an intro meeting that went over company background and other information before the interview. Interview consisted of all behavior questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A