Alpha Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alpha Interview Questions

Interviews at Alpha

1.7

CSM Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alpha in May 2019.

Interview

Spoke with recruiterKH in what was without a doubt the most awkward phone interview I've done. She barely could speak about the role with me and insisted that I give her my current comp information before moving forward with my candidacy which we all know is a no-no. Having a bad recruiter like her is an easy way to deter candidates from working at Alpha.

Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alpha (New York, NY) in June 2018.

Interview

The hiring process usually involves an initial application, a phone interview and then a long in office interview where you meet and sit with different members of the team. The process is all about getting to know you as a person and how you fit into the company culture, how you work and what experience you have relative to the role. Be sure to also ask questions beyond the traditional interview questions and get to know the team.

Interview Questions

• The interview is all about learning more about you as a person beyond what is written on paper.
      Q - What do you like to do outside of work?   1 Answer

User Experience Interview

Interview

One of the company recruiters reached out to me to set up an initial screener call, and we scheduled the meeting and I assumed everything would be alright. However, the recruiter never called, and didn't even follow up until midnight my time, saying they apologized and were out of the office, forgot to reach out to a manager about the call, and wanted to reschedule it to tomorrow - which I found out at 11AM the next morning tomorrow meant that very same day. However, even that got cancelled at the last minute. When it came to rescheduling a second time, it took the recruiter over a week to get back to me with timing again because they were out of the office. By the time we had nailed down a time and finally spoke for a short screener, it had been over 3 weeks since the initial email.

I haven't heard back from them since. Overall, not a hard interview, but very inconsistent communication.

Interview Questions

• How would you react being in an environment where client requests come in and are done/taken in without much/any structure?   Answer Question

UI/User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Escondido, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alpha (Escondido, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

They sent out a mass email to every candidate that applied asking them to complete a sample project. They attached a Google Doc with a sample project. Once I passed the prototyping sample project vetting, I was sent a DocuSign document. After reading the DocuSign document, I noticed it said that “all work would be Alpha’s and I could not use the work in my portfolio or other uses.” This was why I had to decline. It was also $50/hr max with 2 hour max per assignment. I don’t believe in working on a per hour basis, so that was another deterrent.

Interview Questions

• Design two variations of this Translation App. You will be graded foremost on Visual Design and secondarily on the functionality of your prototype. (Bonus points for using advanced prototyping tools like Axure and Principle.)   1 Answer

Machine Learning Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alpha.

Interview

Reached out by their recruiter, scheduled a phone screen, passed the phone screen, moved to onsite, 2 weeks later I was informed there will be one more round of onsite, no feedback for a few weeks unless you follow up with them.

Through out the entire process, you get both the good and bad of a startup experience. They are actively looking for new talents, you get the chance to meet virtually everyone in the company, yet they lack of the ability to proper schedule interviews/provide timely feedbacks. What bugs me the most is that their interviewers did not have proper "interview skill training", overtime in phone screen, poor logistics during onsite, not be able to keep promises made and etc... you can tell the final decision was made by their founder?/manager? by almost a "gut feeling".

Overall, felt like a little bit waste of time. They made you to make a trip to their office twice for no good reason – why not schedule a full day assessment?

Full Stack Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alpha in February 2019.

Interview

Sent in my resume. Received an email about wanting to set up a call, which was also a phone interview with a live coding portion. After that, I was given a take home assignment.

Interview Questions

• Debug some javascript where asynchronous requests for users followers were made. When printed to the console, all results displayed with user id 4. Fix it to display the related Id's   1 Answer

Full Stack Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alpha in June 2019.

Interview

Had a call with Engineering Manager then straight to on-site. All the interviewers showed up either late or left extremely early. They struggled to answer some of the questions I had about the company/role.

In addition, they use outdated platforms to test your Javascript knowledge and CSS.

There was no context or structure, it felt highly unorganized and the interviewers gave a strong vibe that they didn't want to be there. Often time, they would interrupt to give you the answer and not lead you towards the answer.

The recruiter has very little communication so you will have 0 knowledge or preparation.

Interview Questions

• 1. Javascript Event Loop regarding Promises and scoping. Make a series of requests in parallel and output in correct values/format.
      2. Build tick-tac-toe with css
      3. System design Spotify playlist feature.   Answer Question

User Experience Testing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Alpha (Santa Monica, CA) in April 2019.

Interview

The overall process consisted of: a call with recruiter, call with a manager, take home assignment, on-site interview., reference checks. The process took very long and communication/updates were only given if I asked for follow up. The process took a total of 3 months from the initial call with the recruiter to the final decision being made. My recommendation to this company’s recruiting is to make the process more streamlined, make it quicker and make sure that interviewers questions don’t overlap. I got asked by every interviewer what I thought the role was in my words and why I wanted to join Alpha. No real questions about research, methods or moethdologies.