Alpha Natural Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alpha Natural Resources Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Alpha Natural Resources

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alpha Natural Resources.

Interview

The interview process was my best experience at Alpha. I had a phone interview and then an in person interview the following day. It took about 3 weeks to get an offer after my interviews.

Interview Questions

• What type of Excel experience do you have?   1 Answer

Warehouse Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Alpha Natural Resources.

Interview

Once the application was reviewed I was contacted by phone by HR to set up an interview. I was interviewed two weeks after the call. It was another two months before I was contacted again to go for my physical and drug screening. After those were completed I had to initially go through a contractor, then after about a month I was hired on by the company.

Interview Questions

• If I was willing to spend more of my life at work than at home. It was phrased differently but that was the question. It was asked along with the information that a large number of coal miners end up divorced.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiating phase. They said, "this is the set company rate we pay this position."

Coal Miner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waynesburg, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Alpha Natural Resources (Waynesburg, PA) in May 2011.

Interview

After you apply you will receive a phone call on when to show up for an interview. Once you arrive at the interview you will be sat down in the center of several managers and they will fire questions at you. like a firing squad.. its a little intimidating but they try to make you at ease. Shortly after the interview they will contact you if they are interested. From there you will have to go through two weeks of training.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, WV

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alpha Natural Resources (Charleston, WV) in April 2011.

Interview

Very basic interview, asked STAR questions. What are your future goals? Where do you see yourself in five years? Tell us about a problem you had to solve and how you went about solving it?

Equipment Operator Underground Interview

Anonymous Employee in Benham, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alpha Natural Resources (Benham, KY) in January 2011.

Interview

Regardless of what you can do, it's all in who you know. Management bases hiring decisions based on your family. You were required to take a test which you had no idea what the passing score was and they refused to tell you if you passed it or not.

Interview Questions

• Can you operate any heavy equipment?   1 Answer

Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alpha Natural Resources (Richmond, VA) in April 2010.

Interview

technical

Interview Questions

Negotiation

easy

Electrical Repairman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Alpha Natural Resources (Cleveland, VA) in November 2009.

Interview

It took forever to get hired. I called, waited, called, waited. Seemingly endless cycle. finally they extended an offer of employment. After this I thought I would be called to work in the next week, but I was wrong. It took another month to get a drug screen and another month to actually go to work.

Interview Questions

• In a coal running operation, which is more important; Maintenance or Production?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. Take it or leave it.