Alphaserve Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alphaserve Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

3.1

Purchase Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Alphaserve.

Interview

I was supposed to have an Interview with someone from the HR department. The interview was setup by a Human Resources Intern. However, the first scheduled interview date I never received a call. I set up another interview with the same intern and again, no phone call. Very unprofessional, never received an explanation.

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Alphaserve (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview Process starts with a test, its irrelevant and all about advance Networking. Any position you apply for has to go with this test. They give you an hour to solve it.

Interview Questions

• All about networking stuff, Cisco commands, Ip addresses, Risk in Networking   1 Answer

Senior Accountant/Assistant Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alphaserve (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The recruiter set up a phone interview with me, and the first question she asked when I picked up was "did you want to reschedule?" Apparently someone else that she was supposed to interview asked to reschedule, and she thought it may have been me. Then she asked me what position I applied for, and once I told her the position title there was some shuffling of papers on the other end before she was able to pull up the job description. She didn't go over the description and instead just made reference to it being posted on Linked In. She gave me a very brief overview of the company, before saying that they were looking for someone with tech experience and experience managing cash flows. I explained that I have been working in healthcare for the past several years, and have not managed cash flows before, to which she responded that I would not qualify for the position then. That concluded the interview, which lasted a grand total of two minutes.

I completely understand why I do not qualify for this position and have absolutely no complaints about that, but the overall lack of professionalism really struck me. I understand that recruiters often deal with several candidates simultaneously, but the fact that this recruiter seemingly spent no time reviewing my resume or paying attention to what I applied for made this a waste of everybody's time. Based solely off of this interaction, I don't think this is a place I would want to work.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alphaserve (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Hiring process is fast. It takes approximately 2 weeks for the interview process. There are 2 hr round (one telephonic and one in person), 1 technical round and 1 director interview. Hr and Director rounds are easy. For technical round you need to know basics related to networking.

Interview Questions

• What is DNS and DHCP Server? 2010 Exchange server? Tcp/Ip and OSI model   Answer Question

Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Alphaserve (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Very cumbersome. You have to meet with all the founders of the company. Its about 12 - 15 people. No one stays on schedule. I was sitting 30 minutes after each and spent over 5 hours one day interviewing. The recruiter is very cold and acts like she is running an agency desk.

Client Services Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Alphaserve (Lisbon (Portugal)).

Interview

The process was quite quick but full of holes, I have been interviewed by the Portuguese branch Manager and by the director of managed services in the US, both lack skills as interviewers and technically speaking only the US Director had some. The interview by itself is not structured, not by a long shot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very poor on the salary, with some dodgy ways of getting a bonus. Salary also is exposed to exchange rate between dollar and euro, which is a risk.

SAdmin Interview

Interview

several processes interviews, technical, language and it, talked to hr and was a straight forward process due to my experience and know how as well as bs+certifications. HR was great at the time and the process was really easy but some things missed afterwards

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alphaserve (Lisbon (Portugal)).

Interview

Somewhat relevant and easy questions regarding networking and systems in general.

Interview Questions

• Some applications specific questions which did not make total sense to me but the overall interview was positive.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They promised and agreed one value and what they really gave was completely different. Not serious people!

Interview

lengthy, difficult, irrelevant questions

Systems Administrator/Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alphaserve in June 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who submitted my resume after getting my OK on it. The first round was solely a skills test on Windows servers, Exchange, (anyone who's done an MCSA or MCITP equivalent should be fine) and with parts involving Cisco and VMware as well. The second round was with a member of the group who asked a few more technical questions, mostly to feel out the process I used for troubleshooting as well as knowledge.

The third round was with the group director who was more concerned with cultural fit. Rounds 2 and 3 were mostly the same thing, mostly just going over my background and going over what I'd worked with.

Interview Questions

• Describe the steps you'd take to troubleshoot someone in an office not receiving email.   1 Answer
    • Associate the following protocols with each respective layer of the OSI stack: IPX/SPX, TCP, SMTP, SNMP, several others which I can't recall   1 Answer