Alpine Access Customer Care Professional Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alpine Access Customer Care Professional Interview Questions

Interviews at Alpine Access

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alpine Access (Charlotte, NC) in December 2012.

Interview

Phone interview to learn more about you, online group interview in a conference room explaining more about the position, and then a background check and drug test. The background check is not that strict. They might hire you if you have a misdemeanor. They send you drug testing information in the mail and you choose a location site that is closest to your home and they give you 48 hours to complete it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for our company and tell us about your past experience that relates to this job. What are your salary requirements. How do you define customer service. Why should we hire you over other candidates.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Alpine Access

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Alpine Access (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Application takes about 2 hours. If your results match a job description, you set up an interview. Interview is a 2 hour process over the phone, and Adobe Connect. You listen to the job description, and then you are separated individually to do a small screen shot, speed test, and answer questions. Once the time is up, you listen to each person read a response that they had typed. After this, you are typically placed into one of two rooms. This is where you find out weather or not you made it through. There is generally one interview, and then an "on boarding".

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Customer Care Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alpine Access in August 2012.

Interview

The interview process was great. Relaxed or casual for the most part. I actually enjoyed speaking with the interviewer. Interviewer was extremely detailed on what to expect regarding an average work day and salary. It took about 3 weeks for them to get in touch with me and offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle a difficult customer on my past job?   1 Answer

Customer Care Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alpine Access in September 2009.

Interview

Submit application. You might not hear from them for a long time. Then you get an email after several months requesting for written exam. Once you pass that, then phone interview.

Interviewer wants to know your computer systems. Your customer service skills. Ethics. Conflict resolution skills. Other specific skills if you were interviewed for other positions like I was.

They also ask whether you will be okay with background check (nothing like a misdemeanor since high school). Credit check of less than 4 negative marks (bankruptcy, writeoff). I believe they really screen employees for honest and ethical purposes. Good to know I will not be working with bunch of crooks. :)

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you have to handle a difficult customer and what did you do?   1 Answer
    • Tell us about the last fiver jobs and why you left them?   1 Answer

Customer Care Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alpine Access in May 2008.

Interview

Apply online.
    Receive email and do phone audition, recorded.
    Receive email, if they're interested, to set up phone interview.
    Phone interview with recruiter - they have you do basic computer skills, basic questions.
    If they like you, they make you an offer.
    Submit drug test/money for background check.
    if you pass that, you have to agree to a work time committment - so it's not "work when you want"
    They'll start you in training if you're hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The only thing you can negotiate is whether or not you want the job. No pay, no hours, no days/times, nothing. Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alpine Access (Fort Myers, FL) in April 2009.

Interview

Initial application is filed online. Specific questions about your background and experience are required. If acceptable you take a voice interview test via telephone. You call a number provided to you and answer 6 basic questions. This is to evaluate your speaking voice, your diction, any accents that might be hard to understand and how articulately you are able to answer the questions. An example would be how would you define delivering outstanding customer service. If you pass this phase you receive an email with a link to a website where you take a two part test. The first part is a skills test that simulates aspects of the job (order taking, responding to a request for more information, banking transactions such as how to handle and code deposits and withdrawals, account query for wireless customers, etc.). This is a timed test which measures your accuracy and your speed, you won't score 100 on every section and that is okay. Part of the test is just via online questions you answer, part is clicking on a link that will act as a simulation, meaning it is a customer calling. Each call will vary so for instance if a caller leaves their name, address and telephone number, the measure of success would be how fast you can type this information on the screen, how accurately, how fast and whether you have to click to have the customer repeat themselves.

If the section is passed, the next is a personality test and style test to determine if you are the right candidate to work from home without direct supervision and without benefit of coworkers. There are no right or wrong answers and a lot of answers are asked slighlty differently more than once so you can't guess the right answer, just tell the truth.

If this section is passed you then qualify for a job offer. Your recruiter will contact you when they have a specific client offer that matches your qualifications and they then offer you a job, identify the requirements and provide the salary, training and work schedule requirements. Total elapsed time varies on how many applicants are in the hopper and when a job comes along. Generally from initial application to final test is about 2 weeks assuming you reply quickly to each step of the process. Time to get an actual job offer varies widely depending upon time of year and when they actually have openings.

Overall an outstanding and very selective process, they claim only 3% of applicants are offered a position and I can see how that would make sense. Recruiters are very knowledgeable about the business and most of your contact is via email. Feel free to email with any questions and they usually provide prompt answers. Alpine is not big on live one on one interactions and most of communications are done via email or instant messaging.

Initially the work culture comes across as very much a team and caring concept and for the most part that is true until something goes wrong and then forget it you will never hear from anyone again. This is sort of a "pollyanna" environment, as long as all is percieved to be fine management is happy. If there is the slightest indication that all is not well, then management doesn't want to hear about it, so the sweet happy we all love it hear vibe is just a facade, which is a shame because for the most part the actual workers are really happy and content.

Interview Questions

• If you were handling a very irate customer who was ranting and using obscene language how would you handle it? Is it okay to get frustrated and angry?   1 Answer
    • Is it okay to steal little things like pencils or pads from an office.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiiation options, other than which shift you select. Your job offer is fixed regarding salary and you have a range of shifts that you can select. You are told that the job is flexible but in reality once you select your shift you are pretty much locked in and getting time off will be very difficult unless you ask for it months in advance. So although they claim to be flexible for the work at home employee, in reality the only flexibility is what shift you pick. If you have time off that you require like a preplanned vacation, then put it in writing before you accept the offer and have them reply (usually your recruiter), you will need it when it comes to take your time off because your team leader will claim to know nothing about it and ask you if you would be willing to not take the time off.

Anonymous Employee in Venice, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alpine Access (Venice, FL) in August 2010.

Interview

The interview included a role play so be ready for it.

Interview Questions

• The first was a role play.   1 Answer
    • how would you handle an irate cust   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Customer Care Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alpine Access.

Interview

Everything was done over the internet. There was not much continuity on who I was speaking to. There were different recruiters. Entered an Adobe room on the day of the interview and answered some questions about schedule and home office requirement. I also had to pay 45 dollars after I passed the interview for my own background check.

Interview Questions

• They will try and trick you. They give you 5 minutes to find the answer to a question and the web site they give you directs you to the wrong place. IE they give you a insurance company and then ask you a policy question. In my group of 6 people they gave 2 of them the wrong link to a different company to see if they would use google to find the correct answer   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Training would be at your state's minimum wage. One in production it was 9.00/hr

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alpine Access (Denver, CO) in July 2008.

Interview

phone interview, second interview, job offer

Negotiation

Offer made, agreed upon and accepted

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Alpine Access (Denver, CO) in May 2011.

Interview

Fill out application, get initial interview, answered questions about customer care, experience, education and tech knowledge