Alpine Access Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alpine Access Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2017

2.2

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alpine Access in August 2015.

Interview

I applied on 8/13/15 and the next morning(8/14/15) around 11 a.m. I had an offer for an interview as a Gaming Support Representative. At this point I had accepted the interview offer and was prompted to schedule a group interview for an online chat, and call in conference. My interview was at 7 where I promptly logged into the online chat and then was given a phone number to dial in along with a chat number and password. Once in the the conference call everyone was told to keep there phone muted (seeing as there was about 20 people). Basically we didn't get to speak at all during the conference call. The instructor went through slides of how the company works and what the hours are like etc... Upon discussing some topics they also put up a little pull and you were to vote weather or not you were able to meet the requirements. If you weren't able to accept the requirements you were then asked to leave the chat room and hang up the phone and would be put back into the pool of applications for consideration in a different position. By the time the slideshow ended there were about 12 people left and they had split us up to schedule a second 1:1 phone interview.

My 1:1 interview actually was very easy and went smooth. She was very nice as I told her I was really nervous. She asked basic interview questions. She had me look up a 2 night stay at a hotel on marriot.com while continuing to ask questions(assuming she was checking my multitasking skills) and then again by having me go to xbox.com and looking up when halo 5's release date is. She closed the interview by asking if I had any questions for her in return and then I was offered the postion!!! She then explained the steps to take from there....

Interview Questions

• -Tell me more about yourself...
      -What was the best day of work you had at your last job?
      -What was the worst day of work you had at your last job?
      -Tell me about a time when a procedure changed that you had to adapt too   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Alpine Access in July 2015.

Interview

Virtual. Everything done over the computer. Virtual interview along with virtual assessments. Computer literacy assessment with over the phone voice assessment . applied online and by the next day the next steps or process to procede was given to advance to testing and voice test over the phone. Once you pass all test and computer requirements they will extend an offer and you will see different job or client offers sent to email.

Interview Questions

• General computer literacy questions and customer service related questions   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alpine Access in June 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application a couple months ago and they stated they'd email when a position became available. Yesterday I got an email saying a position was available and to setup an interview time. I set the interview up for today. The email gave you 3 questions that you need to answer and have ready for the interview. Was in an online chat room where we had to dial in so we could hear/respond. They gave us information about the position (training is your state's minimum wage. pay is $9/hr), what we would be doing, shifts, etc. We answered one question each then they moved some of us to a new chat room, where it was confirmed we had the job. At that point we went on to some Q&A.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with an upset customer and how did you turn it around?   Answer Question

Alpine Access CCP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Alpine Access in June 2015.

Interview

Interview started with an email with three questions you needed to have answered before you and a group of people entering an Adobe Connect room. There was a presentation and then all job seekers had to answer the same question. After that, you were told how to choose your shift and start Pre-Employment paperwork. After a week (background check took the longest), I received my training schedule from my trainer.

Interview Questions

• Name an experience that you had to deal with an upset customer. Explain how you dealt with the customer.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alpine Access (Griffin, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

A group interview over the phone, questions are based on time of availability, how stringent the hiring process is, and how quickly the turnaround time is on getting paperwork completed. Transfer employees come first in hiring availability. Employers make sure that you understand the job and client requirements and you may be required to sign a NDA that is taken extremely very seriously.

Interview Questions

• Can you follow through with the home office requirements?   Answer Question

Work At Home Telephone Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alpine Access (Tampa, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied for work-from-home online. Went through skills, typing tests. Interview questions were recorded & your response is recorded. Questions were not difficult standard customer service questions. The process does take a while some parts are timed. I went through the process about 1 week ago. no further contact from contact

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Alpine Access (Tampa, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

It's really a simple process. You apply and if they have positions open you can schedule an interview immediately after applying (otherwise they'll contact you). During the online/on phone group interview of what was a little over 30 individuals, they ask whether or not you can meet their demands and if you say no to any of the questions you are asked to leave the interview while they place you back in the applicant pool for a later date. If you agree to the terms, then the real interview starts. During the actual 25 minute interview (it's timed), you are asked to provide screenshots of your computer's processor/processing speed & ram, the current speed of your Internet, and your wpm speed after a 1 minute typing test. You are also asked to provide a written answer to 3 customer service questions wherein you are expected to sound polite, eager, and possibly willing to sell to the customer (it's not obvious by the job position but you ARE expected to get in sells too). After the 25 minutes are up, each person being interviewed is asked to read one of their written responses. I don't care if the position was for online chat customer service like mines was, you ARE expected to verbally sell your response (what ever it is) and sound at least eager in doing so, otherwise you will be asked to go to the other room where they tell you that you will be reput in the applicant pool and contacted in a few days to be told you didn't get the job. If you make it, they ask you to go to another online/on phone room where they discuss starting salary, the times for the position and training, and document requirements. Now I haven't seen this anywhere else on glassdoor, but new policy for Alpine is you have to get these documents in within the next 24 hours at most or they will rescind the job offer. It's incredibly inconvenient for those with families and a life so make sure if you apply you have 2 days to dedicate yourself to interviewing and getting your documents in. Oh, and the documents include a W-9, company policy agreement, a W-9 witness agreement you have to get signed by someone who isn't a blood relative who can sign both that form and the W-9 and see your official documents proving your a US citizen in Alpine Accesses stead, a background check where you have to provide documents proving your educational level, and the receipt for a drug test they immediately schedule after you pass the interview. Get those in during that 24 hour grace period and your good, you just have to wait for training to be opened wherein they tell you even training spots are limited so you have to register as soon as they are open. Personally I think you may be able to get away with just doing the drug test and background check during that 24 hour period without much repercussion, but why risk it?

The only thing that really bugged me about the process is that it's very obvious this company have adopted the full call center business ideas of how disposable employees and potential employees are by repeatedly reminding you about how easily fireable you are for the tiniest infractions and how they could always get somebody else to do your position. It's good for a business to know their worth, but it's foolish to believe treating their employees this way will keep them motivated rather than create a culture of fear wherein even dedicated employees will eventually leave because if the people who are the backbone of the company are constantly considered disposable, then so is the company itself.

Make of this what you will, it's a job and we all trying to make money out here not find our one true soulmate job.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to xyz customer care question (whether that was about products offered, products being sold, company policies, etc) l.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There are no negotiations. They give the terms of employment and you either agree or you leave and they place you back in the applicant pool. If that's good with you, you'll be fine. If not, run the other direction cause you can't even change your schedule until 6 months after you've been working with them for a period of time. If the training schedule isn't on your schedule, tough luck cause back to the applicant pool you go.

It's really rather draconian to be honest.

Work At Home Customer Care Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alpine Access (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Lots of questions online and then I automatically got a group interview. This was before the holiday season. I believe that other times of the year there aren't automatic interviews.

Interview Questions

• To take a screenshot of your computer properties.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alpine Access in August 2014.

Interview

It was a lengthy but great process, they really explained everything about the program and did not rush through the process.

1. Apply and take assessments, takes about 1hr 1/2
    2. If a program fits you then you will be notified
    3. Choose to take a program will be completely up to you and there will be more programs that become available so don't think you have to jump on the first one that comes your way.
    4..If you choose you want to be considered for a program you will then be scheduled for an interview in Adobe meeting, my meeting took about 2 1/2 hours, there were people coming in late which made it last longer. During this meeting you will call into a phone number and put your phone on mute so you can hear the recruiter and you will also be in Adobe meeting, they will go over the job description, schedule (have an idea of what hours you want), system requirements for the program, equipment you will need, you will take screen shots of your system and upload them to Alpine Access, you will also be given a list of questions to answer, during the whole process you will take poles to make sure you are still on board with with the position.
    5. If you made it through the interview process you will now have a list of tasks to complete including background check, I-9 Form and Authorized Rep Form, home requirements checklist hardwired computer, internet (no wireless), telephone service and phone number (no wireless), corded phone (no wireless), 2 headsets one USB for training and one for production, and most important a quiet place to work. You must have all of these things completed 7 days before training starts.
    6. Once you have completed everything on your home page check list you will now receive a message you are hired.
    7. You will now receive important log-in information via email, its very important you sign up for training ASAP, this training is first come first serve, don't procrastinate.

IMPORTANT: It is completely up to you to complete these tasks, it is first come first serve so don't wait around to complete your tasks get them done ASAP.

***This is not a joke job, background checks are mandatory, some programs require fingerprints and drug screen.

Overall it has been a great experience, I love detail and really enjoyed the interview and hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Screen shots and answer five questions in 15 minutes, it wasn't too hard for me but for people that may not be as fast with computer could have issues.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really was no negotiation, you prove yourself and do your job and you can move up and make more, pretty simple.

Work At Home Customer Care Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alpine Access (Denver, CO) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process was kind of lengthy but considering it was all done from home its understandable. There were not cam interviews everything was done in Adobe Rooms, which made it easier.