Alpine Access Work At Home Telephone Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

39 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Alpine Access (Tampa, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I took an hour long Customer Service Test. A few days later I was told I have an interview! At first I noticed that I was invited to a "Chat Room" and while I dressed up for the interview, I found out it was a no see group that I was in and felt my preparation was a waste of time. However I went through with it and then they surprised me by telling me "no mobile phones" can be used. I have a landline (from a cable company deal) so I used that to call. They would not let us speak or ask questions at all. The woman sounded very cold and distant and she could care less who we were. I figured she was a recruiter for the staff agency so I overlooked my first reaction. Then she told us about the intensive training, hours, and the 32-40 hours we must work. She gave us hours like 8am-8pm time blocks and while it is 8 hours a day....you can't really relax. I didn't even want to know about when you take lunch or breaks. She explained the hours so I decided to accept the terms. Then she told us about our equipment. She told us we have 2 days to get background checks and a drug test if we proceed as a final applicant. I thought "who is paying for that. us or them?" I could not ask a question so I am assuming us. Please tell me different. Then...the laptop I had was not sufficient enough. We need an Acer Tower, Professional High Tech Headphone Sets (2) and my Logictech Headset was not considered efficient for them. They said they would send us an "Acer Tower" "Headphones (2 sets) a mouse that is not wireless, a keyboard and we needed the monitor. I got confused at this point and decided to "not accept the conditions". Again I wondered....who is going to pay for the equipment when they send it to us. There is a saying "there is no such thing as a free lunch" so my guess is that they give you this and then you have to work it off the unnecessary corporate level costs. I am just following my instinct but I did not continue. Please tell me what happens if you continue on with the equipment...someone. Thank you! I think this was a negative experience because she said "if you said no to this question....then hang out the phone and we will put you back into the job pool for other opportunities". Yeah Right. Last negative....she said "you must work for Eight hours undistracted. Your Home Office should have a door, desks and have zero outside noise or distraction." She said "you must get a babysitter if you have kids, and keep your pets outside". Not one single bark can be uttered....I thought about my dog and decided not to risk it. Since we would be on thirty days probation I decided to wait to try again when I have a huge house and have no kids or pets and when I am in my fifties so I can live a lonely existence and not have any outside distractions of any kind. Mind you the price is 9.75 an hour. I could just walk to any CALL CENTER and have friends, joke around and have fun days while I work. Do you hear the people talking in CALL CENTERS? That is us. We laugh at the world and have fun while we work. We usually get paid 10.00 an hour and get bonuses and incentives too. So....Please think about all of this before taking the job. Sometimes working at home is not worth the misery.

Interview Questions

• Q:Is my equipment up to their standards?   1 Answer
  • Q: Do you accept the Intense Interactive Training for 8 hours a day? (No Nesting)   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Alpine Access

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alpine Access (Spokane, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

If you can breathe you'll get hired...lol the interview is a joke. It's a group interview. You're given 6 questions and 25 minutes to write an answer then you go around the class and answer 1 question out loud. Hope you're not shy!!! If you make it through that you're hired. Next step is background check credit check and drug test. Ohh first step was the assessment that's also a joke choose whatever you want you'll still get an interview

Interview Questions

• The hardest part for some will be the group interview in the Adobe room simply because you have to speak in front of everyone. A few people sounded nervous but they got through it. It's really time consuming to have to listen to each applicant read their answers out loud   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alpine Access (Boise, ID) in September 2015.

Interview

I had started at Sykes' brick and mortar in Boise, ID and was transferred to their work at home division, Alpine Access. Interview was mostly about call center experience and how to handle certain types of calls.

Interview Questions

• How many years of customer service experience I had.   1 Answer

Work At Home Telephone Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Alpine Access in July 2015.

Interview

Virtual. Everything done over the computer. Virtual interview along with virtual assessments. Computer literacy assessment with over the phone voice assessment . applied online and by the next day the next steps or process to procede was given to advance to testing and voice test over the phone. Once you pass all test and computer requirements they will extend an offer and you will see different job or client offers sent to email.

Interview Questions

• General computer literacy questions and customer service related questions   Answer Question

Work At Home Telephone Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alpine Access in June 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application a couple months ago and they stated they'd email when a position became available. Yesterday I got an email saying a position was available and to setup an interview time. I set the interview up for today. The email gave you 3 questions that you need to answer and have ready for the interview. Was in an online chat room where we had to dial in so we could hear/respond. They gave us information about the position (training is your state's minimum wage. pay is $9/hr), what we would be doing, shifts, etc. We answered one question each then they moved some of us to a new chat room, where it was confirmed we had the job. At that point we went on to some Q&A.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with an upset customer and how did you turn it around?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Griffin, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alpine Access (Griffin, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

A group interview over the phone, questions are based on time of availability, how stringent the hiring process is, and how quickly the turnaround time is on getting paperwork completed. Transfer employees come first in hiring availability. Employers make sure that you understand the job and client requirements and you may be required to sign a NDA that is taken extremely very seriously.

Interview Questions

• Can you follow through with the home office requirements?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alpine Access (Tampa, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied for work-from-home online. Went through skills, typing tests. Interview questions were recorded & your response is recorded. Questions were not difficult standard customer service questions. The process does take a while some parts are timed. I went through the process about 1 week ago. no further contact from contact

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Alpine Access (Atlanta, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

The Interview is done via telephone and an Adobe room on your computer in a group. They will go over certain requirements for the position (days, shifts, pay, equipment needs, etc.). If you agree to the terms, you make it through to the interview question portion. They will ask you 4-5 interview questions and give you about 30 min to write your answers out. Then, you call back in and the interviewer will go through each person, ask them a question and you read your answer aloud. After that, they will place you in a virtual Adobe room and it will tell you if they offer you a position with the company or not.

Work At Home Telephone Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alpine Access.

Interview

After applying for alpine access you are interviewed online via an adobe room. Questions and testing are fairly simple. If you have customer service experience and common sense it is a no brainer.

Interview Questions

• All questions and testing asked of me was very friendly and simple.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. However, I was able to select a position that interested me out of what was available for the hours I wanted.

Work At Home Telephone Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Alpine Access.

Interview

Upon completing my application, I was prompted to set up a telephone interview. The scheduled interview was 3 days later. Interview was with about 17 other individuals. You must keep your phone on mute unless directly spoken to by the interview conductor. In my opinion the whole concept is very unnecessary and silly. Kinda gave me insight on how my potential future with the company would be. After 3 simple interview questions, you are shown a message that says if hired you'll be contacted in about 2 days.

Interview Questions

• Very average typical questions. Nothing to worry about.   Answer Question