Alsac - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Interview Questions in Memphis, TN | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 13, 2017

3.3

Go the Job! Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alsac - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

I made another comment about a month ago but I wanted to give an update. First off, I got the internship!

Process:
    I got accepted into the ALSAC internship fair, in Memphis, where I had my first interview. The entire thing- interview, hospital tour, Q/A w/ current & past interns, gifts; etc was great!

I received an email 2-3weeks later to schedule a phone interview with the department. It was a relatively short call from a question standpoint, but that was mainly due to the conversation that we had. Because of this she only asked me 2questions & they were simple behavioral questions (i.e. Interviewed with Brand Marketing. Asked- What brand is your favorite & why?)

I did apply for another position in ALSAC and she asked me several questions, 5+. As long as you prepare- Understand your achievements, about the position & the company and how your achievements mesh with that department you'll succeed.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Alsac - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in February 2016.

Interview

Process originally was a call directly from the employer to schedule an over the phone interview. Once scheduled I interviewed over the phone with two hiring departments ladies. a ten minute interview lead to a great 1 hour conversation of anything from work/life balance, industry passions, to current work situations. After all was said and done they informed me they very much wanted to follow up with a face to face interview and would soon follow up. This however did not go as planned in the coming weeks and after attempting to contact MULTIPLE time over the next 10 or so months I realized it had became a dead end for whatever the reason.

Interview Questions

• What is your inspiration to continue in your field as well as in your life?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alsac - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in December 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by a group of 3 people. It was a conversational interview. They asked questions about my work experience and knowledge of the organization. I was able to ask them questions. It was very important for me to have good questions to ask them.

Interview Questions

• What was one of the most challenging assignments I've had in my work experience?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alsac - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in October 2015.

Interview

I was invited to interview and told to expect to spend the entire day. I met with six groups of people (between 1-4), so about 20 people over the course of the day. All went well and everyone was very positive. I sent follow up notes to everyone and got a few "nice to meet you, hope to see you soon!" responses back but never heard back from the organization. I followed up in the online system and with HR and managers for months and the position was eventually just deleted. No feedback, no answer, just disappeared. I looked on LinkedIn and they promoted one of the people from one of the interview groups into the role.

Interview Questions

• None in particular, just a lot of "get to know you" questions.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Alsac - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Long time ago things have changed. I do not have any current information. One on one interviews with department heads. Lunch with the potential boss. Lots of questions that are normally asked in an interview. Long drawn out process.

Interview Questions

• It is good if you know somebody in the organization to vouch for you   Answer Question

Coordinator--Gift Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alsac - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in September 2015.

Interview

Very thorough meeting with team. Very friendly environment. Met with team in two shifts. All were very inquisitive but also very patient. They asked why I wanted to change positions as well as many questions about my background and experience.

Interview Questions

Salary was same as my current position and I was looking to increase it.

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alsac - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN).

Interview

I applied for a position coordinating regional events. I had a phone interview with one of the hiring managers that went fairly well, but that was the last I heard. There was no follow up as far as a rejection letter, or anything really.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of situational questions, very behavioral style interview.   1 Answer

Contact Center Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Alsac - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in August 2014.

Interview

It was a 2 part panel interview. The questions are long winded and confusing. They do ask you to do a sales pitch of a ridiculous item such as Pepsi, cooking spray, marbles.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to work with difficult coworkers?   Answer Question

Project Manager Youth Outreach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Alsac - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in January 2014.

Interview

Had 1 phone and 1 Skype interview, than brought to Memphis for interview. Seemed to go very well, was even shown were my work area would be, and person who would be my supervisor even sent text to recruiter saying all was going well at mid-afternoon. Then met with two young ladies from marketing, thought that went well, but was informed that they thought I wasn't a fit," could not put their finger on why", was all I was told. However, my strong feeling, especially after that very weak reason why I was discarded, is my age, being considerably older than them. Very disappointed, I do qualify, and can work with and report to anyone. I am sad that the high ideals of St. Jude, do not prevent age discrimination. That said, they do a wonderful work and have great results, and I will continue to donate to St. Jude and encourage everyone else to do the same.

Internal Liaison - Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alsac - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN).

Interview

There were two phone interviews first. These were approximately 30 minutes each and very conversational. Writing samples were requested.

The in-person interview slot was 3 hours. Instead of a panel, it was 30 minutes with different people or pairs of people. Lots of repeating the same information. A panel would have been simplier. No break or water.

Lots of "tell me about your background". There was not the typical "how was everything?" by the main interview at the end...just a "we'll get with you soon"...and they never did.

I'd seen several comments on the St. Jude Glassdoor page about reps not getting back with you, and ALSAC was the same. Not even a rejection letter. I was fairly surprised such a well-repected company would be so disrespectful to candidates.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult. Very high expectations on the writing samples.   Answer Question