Alstom Grid Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Alstom Grid

2.8

Consulting Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alstom Grid (Redmond, WA) in November 2011.

Interview

First HR Recruiter Phone Screen
    Then HR Phone Screen
    Then Manager phone interview
    Then 2 other phone interviews by other consulting engineers (this is a great idea)
    Then fly in for on-site interview
    Everyone was friendly, nice, and professional, especially the HR representative
    Was taken out to lunch
    HR presented company benefits package
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Cons: Travel Reimbursement took a little longer than expected; had to pay upfront for travel costs

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult time with a coworker   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview with the interviewers. They sounded very nice and the overall call took about an hour. They asked me to make an introduction about myself. Then asked me what I did in my dissertation and some questions related to my resume. I received the invitation for on-site but didn't do the on-site yet. Since I have to provide the result... so I will select what I expected. Hope I can get it,

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alstom Grid.

Interview

Started as an intern. Easy process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None, it was for internship

Senior Power Electronics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinicum, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alstom Grid (Tinicum, PA) in March 2013.

Interview

Phone Screen with HR, Called for onsite interview, six professionals interviewed including HR,
    Interview went very good, all questions were answered based on 15 years of experience in Power industry.

2 days later informed by recruiter, " not an exact match for their requirements, will keep the resume in record"
    No courtsey to take for lunch, bad manners or protolcol

After the interview,
    Felt like I have been used to resolve their thyristor stack related problems, since two of their engineers asked specific questions related to thyristor assembly and their specs. I recommended possible causes/solutions for their technical promblems based on my past experience in the industry.

Interview Questions

• What I would not like to do ? by Business Developmentprofessional. Valid question. I answered very honestly.   Answer Question

Business Develop Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stafford, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Alstom Grid (Stafford, England (UK)) in April 2012.

Interview

Standard interview and standard questions not very creative but did the job
    Interview done by video link and telephone. Followed by email of documents related to the process of engagement. Not a difficult process

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the company, and how confident are you that you can do carry out the role   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was little negotiation with HR. It was really managed by the department manager holding the budget. The company met my expectations

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Alstom Grid (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2011.

Interview

Had two rounds of tech interviews followed by HR interview

Project Planner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Alstom Grid.

Interview

GE has all types of interview process i.e. Face to face, Teleconference, etc. Interview panel may include technical person, Project Manager, HR person together or separate round of interviews.

Power Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alstom Grid (Noida (India)) in September 2011.

Interview

After the shortlisting 23 candidates through written test the personal interview consisted of two people an HR individual and a technical guy they asked questions about yourself, family background the technical questions were mainly from the training and projects which i did in my 3rd yr of engineering they also asked my favourite subject and then asked a few questions from it

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alstom Grid (Chennai (India)).

Interview

campus interview

Executive - Quality & Process Control Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alstom Grid (Kolkata (India)).

Interview

Written Test, & GD/PI is the mode of selection. The GD/PI session selects the final pool of candidates, where ability of the candidate to handle the pressure or different circumstances of the job is tested. However, once selected, then it's a good company for learning & growth.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple & straight