Alstom Power Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alstom Power Interview Questions

Interviews at Alstom Power

2.9

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alstom Power (Hornell, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

First I had a phone interview for 20 minutes, this lead to a face to face interview roughly 2 weeks later. Did not get a chance to walk the facility, this could have been due to the amount of PPE (hard hat, safety shoes, etc.) Also, at the time they need to quickly staff up for the project. One other important point, have to listen very good due to company having lots of manager's that are not from US. Can be difficult understanding various dialects.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your are not getting a deliverable from one of your suppliers?   1 Answer

Structural Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Alstom Power (Knoxville, TN).

Interview

Personal conversation with the structural lead engineer in an office at the Knoxville, Tn. facility. Discussed the job requirements and what was expected of me. Also discussed what I knew about power plants.

Buyer/Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alstom Power (Windsor, CT) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was set up through the hiring agency but conducted on-site with Alstom employees and managers.

It was one session with 4 or 5 people in the room. A couple managers I would be working for, a couple HR people and an SME.

The interview was pretty casual, more like a conversation about my experiences and how I felt like they could be used to help Alstom. It allowed for a lot of questions and answers back and forth which was nice.

Interview Questions

• How do you see your skills translating from a small company to a much larger company like Alstom?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alstom Power (Windsor, CT).

Interview

I sent in a Resume and was contacted by a HR Representative two weeks later to schedule an interview two days later. I was contacted one week after the interview with an offer. I started 2 weeks after accepting the offer with a drug test/background investigation in between. HR was very pleasant during the entire process and encouraged any questions along the way.

Power Systems Engineer(R&D) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alstom Power (Redmond, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online on their website.Got a email saying that they wanted to do a phone interview with in 3 hours.Then had an interview with the 2 managers.One on Thursday and the other on Friday.Then had to wait for a week to get their decision.And i accepted it.

Project Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Alstom Power.

Interview

This is a very lengthy and confusing process for this company. I applied for the position in early November. I was contacted by HR regarding my application on the Friday after Thanksgiving. I was invited to the office for an interview 2 weeks later (mid-December). I didn't hear anything from anyone after the interview, until the end of January. I received an offer a month later, and started working until the end of March. So the whole process took 4+ months. Good thing I was already employed elsewhere!

Negotiation

There is little to no negotiation. I managed to negotiate an additional week of vacation.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alstom Power.

Interview

Applied to posting on job board. Was contacted for a phone interview. Visited the campus one time and had a second interview with a technology demonstration. Was called back to sign paperwork the following week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were extremely firm on their introduction pay scale

Electrical Commissioning Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Alstom Power (Richmond, VA) in April 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by other knowledgeable engineers and not just an uninformed HR guru. My boss first interviewed me, then followed by one of the engineers. It made the experience feel real, like they wanted to find the right person to do the work.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alstom Power.

Interview

Applied for an internship, heard back within 2 weeks,

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you had to work with a team and you disagreed with the direction. How did you handle that?   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alstom Power.

Interview

Only had one interview after meeting at a campus recruiting event. Fairly straight-forward with no tricky questions; mostly went over my resume. They told me three days afterwards that the program is no longer accepting candidates from the US.

Interview Questions

• They just asked questions about my resume. Nothing scary or unpredictable   Answer Question