Alstom Power Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Alstom Power

2.9

Sort:

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alstom Power.

Interview

Applied for an internship, heard back within 2 weeks,

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you had to work with a team and you disagreed with the direction. How did you handle that?   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alstom Power.

Interview

Only had one interview after meeting at a campus recruiting event. Fairly straight-forward with no tricky questions; mostly went over my resume. They told me three days afterwards that the program is no longer accepting candidates from the US.

Interview Questions

• They just asked questions about my resume. Nothing scary or unpredictable   Answer Question

Buyer/Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alstom Power (Windsor, CT) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was set up through the hiring agency but conducted on-site with Alstom employees and managers.

It was one session with 4 or 5 people in the room. A couple managers I would be working for, a couple HR people and an SME.

The interview was pretty casual, more like a conversation about my experiences and how I felt like they could be used to help Alstom. It allowed for a lot of questions and answers back and forth which was nice.

Interview Questions

• How do you see your skills translating from a small company to a much larger company like Alstom?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Alstom Power (Richmond, VA) in August 2012.

Interview

HR phone interview first. Then two interviews with two people each. First group was with a supervisor and manager from the department. The second group was with one of the officers from a different department and the hiring manager. Everyone was very nice and professional. After the interviews ended the HR rep came back in and spoke with me. She let me know I'd done quite well, and they would be in touch.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience and what types of projects I'd worked on in the past.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary was stated in the offer. Not negotiable.

Structural Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Alstom Power (Knoxville, TN).

Interview

Personal conversation with the structural lead engineer in an office at the Knoxville, Tn. facility. Discussed the job requirements and what was expected of me. Also discussed what I knew about power plants.

PLM Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Blanc, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Alstom Power (Grand Blanc, MI) in March 2011.

Interview

Submit Resume, coordinate with recruiter, interview with technical panel, interview with director of IS, Presentation of formal offer, acceptance and coordination to mark start day. In parallel they conducted background check, Medical screening and Educational validation. Meet team at a downtown hotel in Chattanooga and conducted interview with stakeholders to formally start the project

Interview Questions

• Technical question about PLM technology   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alstom Power in November 2009.

Interview

one interview

Project Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Alstom Power.

Interview

This is a very lengthy and confusing process for this company. I applied for the position in early November. I was contacted by HR regarding my application on the Friday after Thanksgiving. I was invited to the office for an interview 2 weeks later (mid-December). I didn't hear anything from anyone after the interview, until the end of January. I received an offer a month later, and started working until the end of March. So the whole process took 4+ months. Good thing I was already employed elsewhere!

Negotiation

There is little to no negotiation. I managed to negotiate an additional week of vacation.

Project Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alstom Power (Littleton, CO) in December 2011.

Interview

HR contacted me via phone call and asked some simple questions about my interest. She called back a few days later to schedule an interview in the office. After the office interview, I didn't hear anything for almost 8 weeks. I assumed I didn't get the job. Then, my future manager called and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Specific questions about industry and technical experience, questions about personality and team work.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amarillo, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alstom Power (Amarillo, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

Applied online as a result of a targeted search with Alston. After a few telephone interviews, I was asked to interview in the main offices, where all senior staff of various departments interviewed me at separate times. The interviewers were a varied group of international managers, mostly from Europe. The questions were geared to find out the scope of experience and willingness to take on the job responsibility. After each step the HR recruiter provided feedback on the reactions to each interview. the office atmosphere felt informal as did the management team that interviewed me. The best advice is to be prepared for the interview, knowing the company and yourself. Honesty is the best policy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The negotiations during the economic stage were based on trying to get the lowest possible salary. To achieve this the company insisted in knowing my previous employer compensation. At this stage I insisted such information was confidential and instead, communicated my expectation rather than my salary at the time. I was ready to walk away if the offer was less than I stated. This was not capricious, but rather based on comparable salaries for comparable position and experience. My advice is to know what your value is, and be ready to walk away if the economic issue takes too long to be settled, as this is an indication of the corporate attitude to compensation. If you settle for less, expect less thru your entire career as the largest gain in salary is obtained when changing employers, not as time passes in your current job.