Alstom Transportation GET Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alstom Transportation GET Interview Questions

Interviews at Alstom Transportation

3.3

GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Patiala (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alstom Transportation (Patiala (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

It was campus recruitment, first of all online test was there which consisted of 2 sections broadly ie. Aptitude and technical . In aptitude there were 3 sections , logical , quant, english. The aptitude was very much basic. I gave electronics paper as I am from Electronics and Instrumentation Control, technical test included questions from BJT,MOSFET, control system, microprocessor, analog digital communication , digital electronics, network theory (30 ques. 30 min).
After this there was a GD round for the shortlisted students, the GD topic was quite simple. I got GST ( goods and services tax) , other topics were "should MS DHONI take retirement or not" , "job security in Public sector".
Then it was Interview round. There was just 1 round of interview ( HR , technical combined ) but after giving my first interview aftr few hours they called me up for the interview ( only 1 gave 2 interviews) my second interview was of 50 hours, and may be the best interview.
It begane with brief introduction, then on my projects after this the whole interview was based on control systems. I am good in control and luckily both the technical persons were specialist in Control :)

Interview Questions

• how will you find stability from Bode plot?   1 Answer
  • appropriate value of phase margin?   1 Answer
  • difference between real time system and non real time system?   Answer Question
  • based on tuning of PID controllers   Answer Question
  • characteristics of 2nd order sytems with the help of graph.   Answer Question
  • in PID , why P,I,D used, there individual benefits and reaons , there graphical representation . (eg. if we add derivative then how would be the response)   Answer Question
  • you are good in control systems, why don't you go for masters in that.
    why don't you go for MBA as you have done so much extra curricular activities.   Answer Question

Negotiation

In campus recruitment we don't negotiate. CTC offered was 5.75 LPA for UG , and 7 LPA for PG.
3 students for Mtech was selected, and 2 from Btech
Me ( elec. &Instrumentation Control )
Other one from MECHATRONICS.

Other Interview Reviews for Alstom Transportation

GET Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Alstom Transportation.

Interview

The process consisted of an initial written test containing 60 aptitude and 30 technical questions.
    This was followed by a GD and a combined technical and HR interview. The pre placement talk was one of the best that I have attended.

Interview Questions

• The questions were mostly based on the projects and internships mentioned in the resume.   Answer Question

GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tiruchirappalli (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Alstom Transportation (Tiruchirappalli (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

The process involves an online test followed by GD and Tech&HR PI. The online test involves both technical and aptitude questions .It was around 2 hours long. GD will be related to some general topic or current affairs. Not much difficult

Interview Questions

• Questions related to your projects and your project description. Some basic mechanical engineering questions from thermodynamics and strength of materials.   Answer Question