Alstom Transportation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Alstom Transportation (Rochester, NY) in March 2008.

Interview

I went through a series of interviews on two separate occaisions. I met with the leader of the Contract Management function, and representatives from Project Management, Legal and what's called a Customer Director. This position is a combination of a General Manager and Sales executive who is dedicated to specific customers.

Interview Questions

• It was a mock situation involving problems with a project team's performance and the customer's constant changing requirements. Basically, how would you handle yourself , and what would you contribute to solve the internal and external issues.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Reasonable, but took some time.

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Alstom Transportation.

Interview

Hiring Manager was asking questions, all questions are technical questions regarding purchasing experience, and common issues happened and how did deal with and get it resolved, at the end, you are given 10 min to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Did your order have quality issues ? how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hornell, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alstom Transportation (Hornell, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Straight forward questions. They ask mostly about your experiences on your resume and what do you know about all of them. They are a bunch of friendly guys and they appreciate your honesty.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about your acheivements   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Henrietta, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alstom Transportation (West Henrietta, NY) in April 2008.

Interview

Speak with immediate manager and three peers. No problems there and I have never heard of any problems from my coworkers. Then you interview with the HR representative. They will make a concerted effort to find problems even when none exist. This is consistent with the vast majority of my peers that I have spoken with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They accepted my offer with no questions.

Subcontract Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hornell, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alstom Transportation (Hornell, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews and half day in person with multiple interviewers from different functions related to the open position. Each phase of the process was conducted in a professional and friendly manner -- the in-person interview was especially thorough and relevant to the the position.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you and not somebody else?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alstom Transportation.

Interview

Standard phone screening and in person interview. Had a panel interview with various stakeholders from other departments . Alstom covered expenses for travel. The location is a mix of French and American workers.

Interview Questions

• Standard supply chain questions and familiarity with ERP systems   Answer Question

Purchasing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alstom Transportation (Naperville, IL).

Interview

began as phone interview with recruiter. Basic questions concerning background and interest. Set up in-person interview with department manager for following week. Basic interview questions to see if you fit role with situational questions. contacted two weeks after interview. Another phone interview set up with similar questions.

Interview Questions

• How do handle multi tasking? what do you do if there is sudden project change? What is best way to describe yourself few words, How do you keep good employees?   Answer Question

Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alstom Transportation (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Headhunter claiming to be the staffing company called me, set up the first in-person interview. He called me at least 5 times with all his "concerns" prior to in-person interview #1.

Interview Questions

• The project manager and accompanying engineer focused on skill sets, but struggled to clearly communicate their needs.   1 Answer
    • Interview #2 was from corporate, and the call was clearly not planned, and last minute from the manager.   1 Answer

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hornell, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alstom Transportation (Hornell, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied through recruiter and got onsite interview from company. Onsite had interview with manager and recruiter. Interview was schedule with all other candidate as that day had many interview candidate at company location.

Train Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rutherford College, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Alstom Transportation (Rutherford College, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

College selection, apti test and group diss and technical and personal interviewDesigned thermal conductivity calculator for the metro trains
    Assisted in the interior component design of the Sydney metro train Developed model for heat extraction from photovoltaic panels for space heating and cooling
    Developed photo-catalyst for water pollutant degradation