Alstom Transportation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alstom Transportation Interview Questions

Interviews at Alstom Transportation

2.9

Interview

It has 3 rounds.
    1. Through phone
    2. F2F Round1
    3. F2F Round 2

Above three are the interview rounds.people are very good and friendly.The HR is little bit slow in their process

Interview Questions

• They asked questions about the job that i was doing in my previous company   1 Answer

Purchasing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alstom Transportation (Naperville, IL).

Interview

began as phone interview with recruiter. Basic questions concerning background and interest. Set up in-person interview with department manager for following week. Basic interview questions to see if you fit role with situational questions. contacted two weeks after interview. Another phone interview set up with similar questions.

Interview Questions

• How do handle multi tasking? what do you do if there is sudden project change? What is best way to describe yourself few words, How do you keep good employees?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alstom Transportation.

Interview

Standard phone screening and in person interview. Had a panel interview with various stakeholders from other departments . Alstom covered expenses for travel. The location is a mix of French and American workers.

Interview Questions

• Standard supply chain questions and familiarity with ERP systems   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Alstom Transportation.

Interview

Hiring Manager was asking questions, all questions are technical questions regarding purchasing experience, and common issues happened and how did deal with and get it resolved, at the end, you are given 10 min to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Did your order have quality issues ? how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alstom Transportation (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Headhunter claiming to be the staffing company called me, set up the first in-person interview. He called me at least 5 times with all his "concerns" prior to in-person interview #1.

Interview Questions

• The project manager and accompanying engineer focused on skill sets, but struggled to clearly communicate their needs.   1 Answer
    • Interview #2 was from corporate, and the call was clearly not planned, and last minute from the manager.   1 Answer

RAMS Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alstom Transportation in June 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview through a contractor. It was casual and they were very informative in explaining what are the current projects at Alstom transportation. How the teams there worked, Whom will I be reporting to, What they expect me to do everyday.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding RAMS concepts. What are Pareto charts? Where did you use FMEA, FTA, BOM, MTBF? Development of manuals. What software did you use for these tools?   1 Answer

It was contracted. not full time

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hornell, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alstom Transportation (Hornell, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Straight forward questions. They ask mostly about your experiences on your resume and what do you know about all of them. They are a bunch of friendly guys and they appreciate your honesty.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about your acheivements   1 Answer

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hornell, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alstom Transportation (Hornell, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied through recruiter and got onsite interview from company. Onsite had interview with manager and recruiter. Interview was schedule with all other candidate as that day had many interview candidate at company location.

Subcontract Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hornell, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alstom Transportation (Hornell, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews and half day in person with multiple interviewers from different functions related to the open position. Each phase of the process was conducted in a professional and friendly manner -- the in-person interview was especially thorough and relevant to the the position.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you and not somebody else?   1 Answer

Train Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rutherford College, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Alstom Transportation (Rutherford College, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

College selection, apti test and group diss and technical and personal interviewDesigned thermal conductivity calculator for the metro trains
    Assisted in the interior component design of the Sydney metro train Developed model for heat extraction from photovoltaic panels for space heating and cooling
    Developed photo-catalyst for water pollutant degradation