Alstom Transportation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 8, 2017

2.8

Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alstom Transportation (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Headhunter claiming to be the staffing company called me, set up the first in-person interview. He called me at least 5 times with all his "concerns" prior to in-person interview #1.

Interview Questions

• The project manager and accompanying engineer focused on skill sets, but struggled to clearly communicate their needs.   1 Answer
    • Interview #2 was from corporate, and the call was clearly not planned, and last minute from the manager.   1 Answer

RAMS Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alstom Transportation in June 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview through a contractor. It was casual and they were very informative in explaining what are the current projects at Alstom transportation. How the teams there worked, Whom will I be reporting to, What they expect me to do everyday.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding RAMS concepts. What are Pareto charts? Where did you use FMEA, FTA, BOM, MTBF? Development of manuals. What software did you use for these tools?   1 Answer

It was contracted. not full time

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hornell, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alstom Transportation (Hornell, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Straight forward questions. They ask mostly about your experiences on your resume and what do you know about all of them. They are a bunch of friendly guys and they appreciate your honesty.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about your acheivements   1 Answer

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hornell, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alstom Transportation (Hornell, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied through recruiter and got onsite interview from company. Onsite had interview with manager and recruiter. Interview was schedule with all other candidate as that day had many interview candidate at company location.

Train Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rutherford College, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Alstom Transportation (Rutherford College, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

College selection, apti test and group diss and technical and personal interviewDesigned thermal conductivity calculator for the metro trains
    Assisted in the interior component design of the Sydney metro train Developed model for heat extraction from photovoltaic panels for space heating and cooling
    Developed photo-catalyst for water pollutant degradation

Detail Checker Interview

Interview

I was interviewed by 4 people and they just asked the basic interview questions, like where do you see yourself in 10 years. Showed me some of the work and explained it to me. They asked what my interest where out side of work. Then they too me on a tour.

Quality Management Support Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alstom Transportation (Rochester, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview was held at Alstom Signaling Office at Rochester, NewYork. Lasted for 20 min and questions asked was basic like Why Alstom, What do you know about the company. Have you used any management tools

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Henrietta, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alstom Transportation (West Henrietta, NY) in April 2008.

Interview

Speak with immediate manager and three peers. No problems there and I have never heard of any problems from my coworkers. Then you interview with the HR representative. They will make a concerted effort to find problems even when none exist. This is consistent with the vast majority of my peers that I have spoken with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They accepted my offer with no questions.

Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Alstom Transportation (Rochester, NY) in March 2008.

Interview

I went through a series of interviews on two separate occaisions. I met with the leader of the Contract Management function, and representatives from Project Management, Legal and what's called a Customer Director. This position is a combination of a General Manager and Sales executive who is dedicated to specific customers.

Interview Questions

• It was a mock situation involving problems with a project team's performance and the customer's constant changing requirements. Basically, how would you handle yourself , and what would you contribute to solve the internal and external issues.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Reasonable, but took some time.

GET Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Alstom Transportation.

Interview

The process consisted of an initial written test containing 60 aptitude and 30 technical questions.
    This was followed by a GD and a combined technical and HR interview. The pre placement talk was one of the best that I have attended.

Interview Questions

• The questions were mostly based on the projects and internships mentioned in the resume.   Answer Question