Altavista Group Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Altavista Group Account Executive Interview Questions

Interviews at Altavista Group

1.3

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altavista Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Shortly after applying, I was sent an interview invitation email. When I arrived, it was a waiting room full of other candidates. The interview dealt mainly with social interaction questions and how my previous experiences would play a role in a sales capacity. After the interview, I was emailed with an invitation for a second interview. The second interview consisted of shadowing an employee in the field.

Interview Questions

• Are you an outgoing person that loves talking to people?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Altavista Group

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altavista Group.

Interview

They'll take you out on the street (which is where this job takes place) and they'll show you a bunch of people selling. Then they'll sit you down for a final 'interview' and talk you through the company structure, where if you're listening closely, will realize it's a scam.

Interview Questions

• Anything, they'll ask anything and you can say whatever you want. They'll hire anybody. Don't even bother interviewing for this job at this company. Terrible.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altavista Group (Newark, NJ).

Interview

They reached out quickly after applying online and the interview took place in an office where the whole process lasted about 15 minutes maximum. They followed up offering to come in for a second interview, but I decided to decline pursuing the opportunity further.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Altavista Group (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Short first interview, Long Second interview, Short Third interview. The second interview is the part where you shadow an existing account executive for the day. They are a direct marketing firm that specializes in Business2Business marketing. This means that you are walking door to door of business in different sections of NYC.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Altavista Group (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Sketchy. You walk into a dingy office, interview where they barely seem to be listening to you. Really, if you wear a suit, you're fine. Then you'll come in again to shadow someone doing door-to-door business to business sales, and then your third round is back at the office that same day. It's easy because it's a crappy job and if you have any sort of respect for yourself, it's not worth your time.

Interview Questions

• If you were a pizza topping, what would you be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't exist.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Altavista Group (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The initial interview is very quick, approximately 10 minutes where they ask you questions and answer any you have rather vaguely. Then there is the 2nd interview, where you shadow someone for a day and the actual position becomes clear. The 3rd one is later that same day where they offer you the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Altavista Group (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Horrible second interview process. Literally spent the day in the Fulton St. subway station, soliciting people to sign up for monthly donations. This is not a marketing job, this is a hustling job. It was entirely misrepresented in both the job description, as well as the first interview. (During the first interview, I was told I would be part of an event-planning/marketing team that has very little to do with canvassing. In reality, the entire job is "canvassing"/"field work".