Altavista Group "Marketing Consultant" Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

2.0

"Marketing Consultant" Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Altavista Group (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I received an e-mail a couple days after applying asking for me to come in for an interview for their marketing consulting position. I was very excited about the opportunity and showed up to the office a couple days later for my interview. The building itself is somewhat rundown and AltaVista shares its offices with other companies. I took a seat in a waiting room of about 7 other people, all whose names were being called for interviews. It didn't seem like much was going on inside the office. I met with HR who asked me basic questions about my resume, asked me if I'm a people person and if I enjoyed travel. The experience was fairly positive, but very short. She informed me she would like me to come for a second round interview which would really show me the ins and outs of the job position with "one of their best teams" which sounded great. I set up my second round interview and when I came in I met with HR and the person I would be shadowing that day. Only then did I find out that the job was actually a sales job and had little to do with being a marketing consultant at all. We walked door to door in Harlem selling a product for commission. I completed the day and went back to the office for my final interview which was basically the job offer. I would not have been so upset if they didn't false advertise their position, but also they had no company benefits to offer and their pay was solely on commission. I ended up declining the job offer.

Interview Questions