Altavista Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Altavista Group

2.0

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Altavista Group (Newark, NJ) in January 2018.

Interview

Arrived early. HR person did not introduce herself and never informed me of a delay of 20 minutes. Office was dirty and the HR person went to her office without speaking to me.

Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Altavista Group (Jersey City, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

The process was quite fast. I arrived at an office with a lot of applicants waiting around, waited like 10-15 minutes and had an interview that lasted like 5 minutes. After the interview the same afternoon I was called for a second interview, but I declined as I decided I rather not pursue a job in sales.

Interview Questions

• What kind of job I was looking for, what kind of salary was I expecting to receive, I was told that the job involved visiting clientes and B2B, but that they didn't work in the streets.   1 Answer

I decided I did not want to pursue a job in sales as I am focused to get back on my original finance/administration track.

Brand Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Altavista Group (Newark, NJ) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very informative and comprehensive. Considerable amount of owner/management involvement, which is greatly appreciated. Management will even take you to an actual marketing event to thoroughly interview each candidate. Definitely worth it!

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Altavista Group (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview was very quick, about 15-20 minutes max. Asked a very few amount of questions, nothing very intimidating. It was in a good location, however parking can be a mix when getting to the interview. Overall very comfortable place to have an interview.

Senior Corporate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Altavista Group (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Spoke with Ceo and manager on first round interview. They were very friendly and very informative, thorough interview. Open to many questions and were very helpful in explaining the company and job.

Account Executive Entry Level Sales and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Altavista Group (Syracuse, NY) in July 2009.

Interview

I was called in for an interview the day that I applied for the job. I was on vacation, so my interview was scheduled for the next day. I arrived and was placed in a waiting room with a few other potentials. I interviewed with the head manager and he asked some basic questions. Haven given many interviews myself, I felt very comfortable in the iunterview.

Interview Questions

• Desctibe a time when you made a mistake at work.   1 Answer

The job was a sales job that required you to go from business to business offering a different option when it came to the company's energy bill. Just not my cup of tea,

Entry Level Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Altavista Group (New York, NY).

Interview

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME. I had a bad vibe as soon as I walked in, the office is small and dingy and it was full of people waiting to be interviewed. Some of the people in there, I don't know what job they were interviewing for, but looked as if they walked right off the streets and wandered into Altavista. I was taken back by a girl who seemed friendly at first and then started rapid-fire shooting off questions such as where do you want to be in 5 years, what is your experience, etc. she didn't seem to even be listening to my answers at all and I felt extremely rushed. She also asked me if I still live with my parents, which is a completely irrelevant and unnecessary question to ask a candidate. Also, the job is not as it was advertised at all - it is, like other reviewers said, a door to door sales position. if you're into that, that's fine but i definitely wasn't. they asked when I would be available for a second interview and I said not until the following week. I got an e-mail a few hours later saying that I was invited for a second interview and they would see me the following day at a specific time. I sent back an e-mail saying that I specifically had made clear that I was not available for an interview that day. I didn't hear back again and I would not accept the offer even if I did.

"Marketing Consultant" Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Altavista Group (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I received an e-mail a couple days after applying asking for me to come in for an interview for their marketing consulting position. I was very excited about the opportunity and showed up to the office a couple days later for my interview. The building itself is somewhat rundown and AltaVista shares its offices with other companies. I took a seat in a waiting room of about 7 other people, all whose names were being called for interviews. It didn't seem like much was going on inside the office. I met with HR who asked me basic questions about my resume, asked me if I'm a people person and if I enjoyed travel. The experience was fairly positive, but very short. She informed me she would like me to come for a second round interview which would really show me the ins and outs of the job position with "one of their best teams" which sounded great. I set up my second round interview and when I came in I met with HR and the person I would be shadowing that day. Only then did I find out that the job was actually a sales job and had little to do with being a marketing consultant at all. We walked door to door in Harlem selling a product for commission. I completed the day and went back to the office for my final interview which was basically the job offer. I would not have been so upset if they didn't false advertise their position, but also they had no company benefits to offer and their pay was solely on commission. I ended up declining the job offer.

Entry Level Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Altavista Group (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I arrived for my interview at 12:40 p.m. The interview was scheduled for 12:45 p.m. I filled out the form they gave me and handed it back to them with a copy of my resume, and then I waited. And waited. More than 20 minutes later, I gave up. I had emailed the interviewer beforehand, saying that I had to be somewhere at 1:30, and she had responded that that was fine. But that was assuming that the interview would actually start on time. While I was waiting, a man who had just been interviewed walked out, grumbling something about "wasting my time..." A few minutes later, I left, because it just didn't seem like it was worth it.

Entry Level Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Like other interviewees, I got contacted one day after I sent my resume. Then the first interview came. There's a small waiting room, which I guess was also several other companies' interview waiting room. I was then led to a office for a brief 10 mins interview. Apart form asking the basic interview questions, they talked much about the door to door marketing to some big companies, which seemed like more of a sales job for me. Someone who is interested in sales field, I would recommend this to you.

Sales is not my thing.