Altera Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Altera Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Apr 21, 2017

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altera (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied for position, got a call 2 weeks later requesting an interview. 3 separate interviews, 30 mins each with a different manager each time. Questions were algorithm questions with coding in C involved.

Interview Questions

• Find and count duplicate elements between 2 unsorted arrays   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altera.

Interview

Over the phone, 1 hour. Asked C++ questions and the person helped through the solution. The judge you based on how fast you give the answers. I find it is unfair specially people get panic at interviews and spend little longer to answer question than usual

Interview Questions

• The interviewer had prepared technical questions. Did not discuss anything on my resume, just asked the technical questions   Answer Question

PEY Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Altera.

Interview

I applied through email and got an interview within a day. The interview consists of 3 half an hour interviews with 3 different persons. All technical questions about algorithms. If you answered a question correctly, there will be another harder question. The interviewers are from different areas and they are all really nice.

PEY Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Altera.

Interview

10 mins behavioural Interview, 20 mins technical question.
    3 interviewer. They were nice and gave you advice if you're stuck.
    They processed about one week and gave me an offer.

Interview Questions

• Really easy 2 software questions and 1 hardware question.
      Find 1/ 2 duplicate num from continuous numbers
      Find the height of a tree.
      FSM
      Answer Question

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Altera (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through the university career portal and got a reply to arrange interview within a day. The first round of interview consists of 3 half an hour back to back separate interviews with 3 different persons. For me, they are all technical questions. The interviewer are from different areas and they are all really nice.

Interview Questions

• Given an unsorted binary tree, find the minimum node.   Answer Question
    • Given a directed acyclic graph, find the largest path. Each node will only be visited once.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Altera (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

3 round of interviews, little talk but many algorithm tests. Every time you come up with an idea they gonna ask you to improve it in speed or memory cost. Very free situation and the interviewers are nice.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

Interview

one round, 3 back to back interviews, 30 min for each. All of them are very technical and you should be comfortable with writing code on paper or whiteboard. Got a phone call 3 days after the interview informing the result.

Interview Questions

• Click on a paint grid, recursively change the color. Implement undo and if only one info can be stored what is it?   1 Answer
    • Find local maxima in an array of integers. Optimize.   Answer Question
    • Bowling game design.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Altera (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Emailed my resume to a campus recruiter and got an on-site interview about one week later.
    Went into the Toronto office to do three back to back 30-min interviews with three engineers.
    Questions were relatively easy and 2 out of the 3 interviewers were nice and engaging. Third interviewer was on his phone all through the process...

Interview Questions

• Given a array containing integers in pairs, find the only integer in the array that does not come in pairs   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Altera (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Two people interviewed me, for half an hour each. The first interviewer interviewed me for the software positions, whereas the second interviewer asked me question that were a bit more hardware related.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Altera (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Apply in job fair. Two round of interview. First round has 2 interviewer, each 30 min. All technical questions. One interviewer asked hardware question. The other ask only algorithm question. And wrote code in write board. Second round has 6 interviewer, each 30 min. It had ten min break in the middle. same as the first round, but questions they asked is harder.