Altera Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Altera Engineering Interview Questions

3.6

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Altera.

Interview

One phone screening, one phone interview (technical), one on-campus interview (technical). The on-campus interview was with 4 senior members of the group I was going to be in, and it lasted 2 hours.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Altera

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Altera (San Jose, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

Not too difficult interview. Basic questions.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Altera.

Interview

First round is phone interview, was referred by an employee. Pure technical questions, no behavioural.
    Second round is on-site, interviewed by 4 or 5 engineers, each person 30 mins.

Interview Questions

• All basic digital design questions. If you are very good at digital design, don't worry.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Altera in January 2012.

Interview

After a phone interview, they flew me out to San Jose. Except for the airfare, I had to pay all expenses which I was told would be reimbursed. Accommodations were nice. On day of interview, I was met by the recruiter who wore jeans and an untucked dress shirt. I expected a little more professionalism. The day was planned out to have multiple interviews with several individuals/groups. Nothing went according to plan. I spent lots of time alone in the conference room waiting for the next interview. Few of the interviewers had read my resume until they met with me. They knew for days I was coming but yet the interview process was a disorganized mess. On the positive side, everyone I encountered was very nice and personable.

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Altera in January 2011.

Interview

Mostly just a filter interview where I was bombarded with intelligence questions

Interview Questions

• Draw the state machine logic for an elevator which has 4 floors. Take into account ALL factors (payload, speed, emergency cases)   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Altera (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2010.

Interview

Interview consisted of two stages, both 1:1 (6 interviews total). They didn't seem interested in discussing my past projects and dived straight into the usual white board programming questions. The questions were stimulating and I was able to eventually answer the questions. They have some interesting projects going on.

Interview Questions

Pros: Great location in downtown Toronto; free drinks and nice office.
    Cons: (Biggest for me) Most of the projects, while interesting didn't seem related to my past experience and I was unwilling to move away from my technical niche.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Altera in September 2008.

Interview

They will call you. Questions will be based on the type of jobs they are looking for. WIll ask you what are your current job scope, your job responsibility, (maybe your current pay, the benefits you get from the current employer). Basic knowledge of the working field is a must.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a co-worker who wasn't doing his/her fair share of the work. What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • How do you get along with older (younger) co-workers?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Altera in April 2008.

Interview

My resume was forwarded and recommended by a friend. It started by a phone screening from the manager, asking about my current job position and probed into my interest. He also promoted the job offered and shared a little about the company's benefits. We then scheduled an on-site interview. It was a 1:1 interview lasted for about 2 hours and I was then asked to wait for an offer from staffing.