Altera Hardware Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Altera Hardware Engineer Interview Questions

3.3

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Hardware Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied in the university career fair, and got the phone interview several weeks later. There were two rounds to recruit applicants. During the interview the recruiter talked about some general works to be done during the internship, and asked several technical questions to check my qualifications. Because I did not behave that well, I was rejected a week after my interview.

Interview Questions

• Implement a finite state machine by Verilog HDL and C language   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Altera

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altera (San Jose, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

I got a phone interview first which lasted an hour. Then one site interview. There were five technical and one human resource interviews. it took a day. From 9 am to 4 pm. People are friendly and nice.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altera in September 2014.

Interview

I applied through career fair. One week later I was invited to interview. It took place in September 2014 at Altera company. There were two 1-1 technical interviews. The first one was about hardware and the second one was about software. The software ones were the hardest ones. I sugesst anyone should be completely prepared for the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Interview

received an email from Altera and asked for my available time for an in person interview. I had two 1-1 interviews each for half an hour. Each asked only one question but added more condition to the initial question after answering the previous question.

Interview Questions

• the timing diagram, c coding of an average question and writing the corresponding verilog code   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Altera (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2013.

Interview

I got a on-site interview with two interviewers. One asked hardware questions and one asked Software questions.

Interview Questions

• 1) 3-bit gray counter using D-flip flop
      2) basic questions about CMOS transistor level
      3) Reverse a linked-list in C++
      4) write an algorithm for a problem   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Altera (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2012.

Interview

I was contacted via email and asked for a date. I was called on the decided date and time. The interviewers
    were friendly.